Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

ya I get self found, I like self found, D3 and PoE are the only games Ive ever played that havent been completely self found and Ive been playing games for over 20 years. What I dont understand is how playing an existing league self found and playing a self found league are different? You already have the option to not trade, so theres no need to make a new league for that, what else is it you want to be changed?

You want drops buffed dont you? Go on, admit it.

You found me out there Sherlock. Its not like my post history isn't full of saying it plainly or anything lol. Without the easy krutch of trading (aka not really playing the game), the drop rates should logically be adjusted, especially orbs(crafting) which is right now not being utilized to its potential because of trading.

Right, here we have it, and here is why SFL wont happen and is a bad idea. You dont want SFL, you can do SF in the current game, Diablo 1 and 2 didnt have Self Found League, no game I am aware of has ever has a league specifically for self found, because its not needed.

What you want is buffed drops because drops are too balanced around trade, this is what people want but they think that GGG wont listen to those requests, so instead you all cling to this SFL stuff because you think that legitimises getting buffed drops and its more likely to happen. This is where you are wrong, SFL is a very expensive and time consuming undertaking, it splits the community up, its more leagues and confusion, right now every league is tied to standard, there would need to be a hardcore SFL and a sc SLF.... what you actually want which is buffed drops is far more likely to be implemented than the SFL thing you have all latched on to in order to get your drops.

Which brings us to...

"
iamstryker wrote:

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Have you guys played Ambush? Have you seen how ridiculous the drops are over there?

I play permanent leagues so whats happening in Ambush is irrelevant to me at the moment.

"
Temper wrote:

Last I heard Ambush is softcore league... I don't play softcore leagues,but I guess I can just delete my character and pretend it's hardcore right ?.

they test new content with the new leagues. You want drop rates that are less tied to trade, ie buffed, and they have introduced a new machanism to buff drop rates.... and you are not trying it out. You should be playing in Ambush, I dont care if its sc or a tmep league, go play it, try it out, come back and actually give some feedback on the buffed drops and if you think its enough, get this system the feedback it needs, make you point and be heard.

You guys are so tied up with this SFL thing which is a complete dead end, a no go, its a bad, problematic idea that you only want in order to fix a problem that is better fixed in the whole game, that is currently having fixes tested which you are unaware of because you are too busy bashing your head against a wall with SLF posts.

You guys mistake me for having no love for self found or loving trading, Im not of that mindset at all, but if you look at what you really want its not a new league, its making self found more viable and like every other game out there thats a balance issue that needs to be made in the full game. D3 didnt make a non AH league, they ditched the AH, no one is going to divide up their player base and rent new servers for hc and sc SLF, if their game doesnt work properly they want to fix their game. GGG are putting in fixes, go test them and make meaningful feedback. Do we need more high end currency from these boxes? Maybe less maps? Whats the balance here? An SFL 'ladder' is pretty meaningless and will be dominated by drop rng over game knowledge. The only meaningful thing that can come of an SFL is adjusted drop rates, and be honest guys, if we need that we need it in the full game for everyone and then GGG can spend all that time and money making act4, putting in the full range of new armour artwork to go with the new helmets, more maps, more endgame content, more stability fixes etc etc.
First of all self found is more meaningful because players get or craft gear themselves.

Killing bosses is more meaningful with better loot and as for as I'm considered crafting would be more meaningful too.

Trading, that is meaningless..

Don't try and turn it around and shouting that people just want better loot, that's not what it is about at all.
Some players just don't like the economy and the less "hardcore" players that always have to depend on trading with others and that is the reason they do not want to play SF in the current leagues but in new SF leagues.

If trading is disabled, people won't have to stack their orbs which empowers crafting. Loot should be improved for balancing the lack of trading, where PoE's loot and crafting is currently designed around.

WTF are you complaining about bad idea? Many people think it's a good idea and what is the problem for you? If you don't want to play it then don't but don't tell us we can't have a SFL because you don't like it.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

ya I get self found, I like self found, D3 and PoE are the only games Ive ever played that havent been completely self found and Ive been playing games for over 20 years. What I dont understand is how playing an existing league self found and playing a self found league are different? You already have the option to not trade, so theres no need to make a new league for that, what else is it you want to be changed?

You want drops buffed dont you? Go on, admit it.

You found me out there Sherlock. Its not like my post history isn't full of saying it plainly or anything lol. Without the easy krutch of trading (aka not really playing the game), the drop rates should logically be adjusted, especially orbs(crafting) which is right now not being utilized to its potential because of trading.

Right, here we have it, and here is why SFL wont happen and is a bad idea. You dont want SFL, you can do SF in the current game, Diablo 1 and 2 didnt have Self Found League, no game I am aware of has ever has a league specifically for self found, because its not needed.

What you want is buffed drops because drops are too balanced around trade, this is what people want but they think that GGG wont listen to those requests, so instead you all cling to this SFL stuff because you think that legitimises getting buffed drops and its more likely to happen. This is where you are wrong, SFL is a very expensive and time consuming undertaking, it splits the community up, its more leagues and confusion, right now every league is tied to standard, there would need to be a hardcore SFL and a sc SLF.... what you actually want which is buffed drops is far more likely to be implemented than the SFL thing you have all latched on to in order to get your drops.

Which brings us to...

"
iamstryker wrote:

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Have you guys played Ambush? Have you seen how ridiculous the drops are over there?

I play permanent leagues so whats happening in Ambush is irrelevant to me at the moment.

"
Temper wrote:

Last I heard Ambush is softcore league... I don't play softcore leagues,but I guess I can just delete my character and pretend it's hardcore right ?.

they test new content with the new leagues. You want drop rates that are less tied to trade, ie buffed, and they have introduced a new machanism to buff drop rates.... and you are not trying it out. You should be playing in Ambush, I dont care if its sc or a tmep league, go play it, try it out, come back and actually give some feedback on the buffed drops and if you think its enough, get this system the feedback it needs, make you point and be heard.

You guys are so tied up with this SFL thing which is a complete dead end, a no go, its a bad, problematic idea that you only want in order to fix a problem that is better fixed in the whole game, that is currently having fixes tested which you are unaware of because you are too busy bashing your head against a wall with SLF posts.

You guys mistake me for having no love for self found or loving trading, Im not of that mindset at all, but if you look at what you really want its not a new league, its making self found more viable and like every other game out there thats a balance issue that needs to be made in the full game. D3 didnt make a non AH league, they ditched the AH, no one is going to divide up their player base and rent new servers for hc and sc SLF, if their game doesnt work properly they want to fix their game. GGG are putting in fixes, go test them and make meaningful feedback. Do we need more high end currency from these boxes? Maybe less maps? Whats the balance here? An SFL 'ladder' is pretty meaningless and will be dominated by drop rng over game knowledge. The only meaningful thing that can come of an SFL is adjusted drop rates, and be honest guys, if we need that we need it in the full game for everyone and then GGG can spend all that time and money making act4, putting in the full range of new armour artwork to go with the new helmets, more maps, more endgame content, more stability fixes etc etc.

And you know as well as I do why it wasn't needed in D1 and D2 or any other ARPG.

Mate I don't even back a self found league,but I'm not gonna ride the no option for it wave while custom leagues are an official future option.

Most of the mods and mechanics for a SFL already exist and a lot of them already were used in prior leagues.

You're worried about splitting the player base in a game designed in a fashion that it ... splits the player base with different leagues,races,game modes and so forth.

I don't even think higher drop rates is a good idea.I've posted numerous times what I think it needs and it's exactly what GGG has been working on,albeit slowly.

I've been playing this game beta for a long time,beta ended,I'm no longer a beta player and should not be expected to test their experimental leagues and I won't support a game that expects me to do so.

GGG have alpha testers still wearing forum insignia,GGG should utilize the alpha realm and alpha players and put it/them to good use.I'm sure players that accepted the responsibility of testing game changes would fully welcome the opportunity to test changes on a more long term and meaningfull basis,rather than wear a forum title for looks.

GGG got meaningfull feedback right through closed and open beta about the state of solo self found gameplay and the direction the game was heading as a whole.GGG had fair warning that their game was going to be a veritable playground for RMT and was given ideas,options and alternate mechanics to consider.

New content is nice and all,but seriously take a look at archived beta discussion on bread and butter issues right up to now and you might get the picture of how little has been rectified in this area and in some cases worsened.

Again,I'm not a beta/alpha tester,I'm a potential supporter.That the game is free to play is irrelevant,stuff needs to be addressed and it hasn't been addressed in a timely manner in my opinion.Some issues should have been sorted before open beta and a lot of them before release.

POE was still a enjoyable and satisfying ARPG in early beta,it's a bastardized MMO now.

I've written enough,and am not going to go into fine details of all the above.You can research that yourself,the information is freely/publicly available for perusal.

=)

Last edited by Temper on Apr 18, 2014, 10:41:42 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

What you want is buffed drops because drops are too balanced around trade,

Buffing the drop rates by itself wouldn't stop trading as being the best way to play the game and crafting would still be a bad choice. I don't really want an easier game what I want is to find stuff more often than just trading for it all of the time. A new league appears to be the only way this might ever happen.

"
SFL is a very expensive and time consuming undertaking,

Proof? Of course its not worth it to someone not interested in it.

"

I don't play temporary leagues and GGG will do what they are going to do with strongboxes regardless of my playing there.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

The only meaningful thing that can come of an SFL is adjusted drop rates, and be honest guys, if we need that we need it in the full game for everyone

I'm pretty convinced that GGG won't keep any meaningful changes to these issues besides a new league. They care too much about the economy to do anything impactful here.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Apr 19, 2014, 12:21:23 AM
"

This is a joke right? The functionality is already in the game and is enabled in Solo races...
SFL would mean all items found in that league are locked to that league since the drop/craft rates would have to change to suit solo play?This is just like D3 BoA and that seems awfull. There has to be a better way of trading than what we have now tho.
"
Font wrote:
SFL would mean all items found in that league are locked to that league since the drop/craft rates would have to change to suit solo play?This is just like D3 BoA and that seems awfull. There has to be a better way of trading than what we have now tho.

Why would it be awful ? Solo self found players aren't trading with you right now.they aren't buying your stuff,your not buying there stuff or acquiring their gambling orbs as currency.for all intents and purposes a self found player already uses BoA,BoE or Bound to character.

I fail to see where trading comes into the equation at all.

Man traders .... if it doesn't involve a trade it's just inconceivable. lol
Last edited by Temper on Apr 19, 2014, 1:11:00 AM
"
Xendran wrote:
"

This is a joke right? The functionality is already in the game and is enabled in Solo races...

You SFL guys want a rebalancing of the game (better drop rates, more deterministic crafting etc), so yes it is time consuming to find the correct balance.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:
"

You SFL guys want a rebalancing of the game (better drop rates, more deterministic crafting etc), so yes it is time consuming to find the correct balance.

Which is something that not just self found players are discussing and is something GGG has been tweaking along with recipes.
I'm absolutely OK with playing my Solo-Selffound-Chars within the normal Leagues but I like the Idea of a SFL & would for sure have a Char there.
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info