Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

Has anybody here though about improved crafting instead of higher drop rates?
"
Startkabels wrote:

Of course. It would be a much better solution and could be applied to the whole game instead of just a new league.

Nobody here is specifically requesting anything, we are merely suggesting. Suggestions can be good, bad, improved upon, discarded or embraced - that's what a discussion is for.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
Startkabels wrote:

I've been riding the gambling/crafting and reasonable recipe train for a long time.

The drop rates of gear for *potential* upgrades isn't a particular problem for myself,actually making that gear an upgrade however ... Your more likely to turn the gear into vendor trash.

GGG has done work on gambling/crafting and also recipes which is good for everyone and is the right direction in my opinion.

=P
"
Startkabels wrote:
First of all self found is more meaningful because players get or craft gear themselves.

Killing bosses is more meaningful with better loot and as for as I'm considered crafting would be more meaningful too.

Trading, that is meaningless..

no, its meaningless to you, that is your opinion.

"
Startkabels wrote:

Don't try and turn it around and shouting that people just want better loot, that's not what it is about at all.
Some players just don't like the economy and the less "hardcore" players that always have to depend on trading with others and that is the reason they do not want to play SF in the current leagues but in new SF leagues.

that makes absolutely no sense, if you play solo self found it doesnt matter what league you are in, you dont interact with other players, you dont need your own league just to no0t interact with other players. You dont need GGG to go rent a whole new server, set it up, maintain it etc just so you can not interact with other people, you are fully capable of not interacting with people in any of the current leagues. The only reason you want a new server for yourselves is because its more than just being solo self found, you want drop rates adjusted, aka buffed, and thats where your whole 'we like to play harder' stuff all just falls apart, because actually you want the game to e made easier for people who dont trade, thats the bottom line here.

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

What you want is buffed drops because drops are too balanced around trade,

Buffing the drop rates by itself wouldn't stop trading as being the best way to play the game and crafting would still be a bad choice. I don't really want an easier game what I want is to find stuff more often than just trading for it all of the time. A new league appears to be the only way this might ever happen.

I craft all the time, I make sick gear with crafting, its not a bad choice you just have to know how and when, its game knowledge. But ok, I get that you dont want to take part in trading in order to get to that postion, but dont kid yourself its because you want the game to be harder when youa re saying you want to find stuff more, ie you want increased drop rates, time and time again it boils down to making the game easier for people who already dont want to trade.

Why does a new league appear that is the only way to get buffed drops? GGG have told you there will be no SFL league, and they have introduced buffed drops into the main game, and you still think SFL is more likely to happen than buffed drops in the main game.... are you for real? Are you seriously having this convo with me? Is this a troll? Am I being trolled here?

You guys dont listen, you just dont listen, dont want to get it, on your little crusade, dont even know what exactly it is you are asking for, even when you are given it on a plate you dont even recognise it and find reasons to reject it while still calling for it.

"
iamstryker wrote:

I'm pretty convinced that GGG won't keep any meaningful changes to these issues besides a new league. They care too much about the economy to do anything impactful here.

no, they have flat out told you a new league isnt going to happen, and they have put the dropped buffs into the main thing, but you dont listen do you? You dont listen to them, dont listen to me, just want to sit here moaning for the sake of it while other people are in game right now enjoying the changes you have asked for.

"
Startkabels wrote:

it is really in the end, the same effect. to make it easier to obtain better gear and will make the game easier overall unless you meant specific recopies to get god tier 6 perfect mod rares.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
time and time again it boils down to making the game easier for people who already dont want to trade.

There is nothing at all easier about having no trading. It will be more difficult, you know it, I know it, everyone who knows GGG knows it. No amount of increased drops that GGG puts into the game could ever compensate for not having the ability to trade.

"
Why does a new league appear that is the only way to get buffed drops? GGG have told you there will be no SFL league, and they have introduced buffed drops into the main game, and you still think SFL is more likely to happen than buffed drops in the main game.... are you for real? Are you seriously having this convo with me? Is this a troll? Am I being trolled here?

Until the strong boxes are added into the permanent leagues I don't care at all about them. For all I know GGG could scrap them completely or nerf them enough that they won't make much of a difference. I have no idea so I'm not going to just assume it will make enough of a difference here.

"
no, they have flat out told you a new league isnt going to happen

I think two of the devs made a few off hand remarks about it, not an official response. But even if it was an official response why should I care? Its still something I would like to see and lots of other people as well so I'll keep trying regardless.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Apr 19, 2014, 1:45:52 PM
voted, i get annoyed at this game because i never seem get any good drops, making me want to quit at about level 80 on every character i play. i also work too much and find it too annoying to trade up currency, so a SFL would make me feel content. i grow tired of the game with the burden of having to trade so much for gear it takes some of the fun out of it
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
time and time again it boils down to making the game easier for people who already dont want to trade.

There is nothing at all easier about having no trading. It will be more difficult, you know it, I know it, everyone who knows GGG knows it. No amount of increased drops that GGG puts into the game could ever compensate for not having the ability to trade.

right, I agree with what youve said here. I said the same in an earlier post, to give the players the exact same gear and crafting opportunities they would have to buff drops beyond all reason. But thats not the point Im making here, Im saying you want the game to be easier than the current perm leagues are, and you do, so what you just said, while right, is irrelevant to the point I was making.

This is all about making a league that is easier than the current leagues for solo self found players, if you cant even be honest and clear about what you want how can you make any solid argument for it? This whole SFL thing is just a cover, youre trying to get something else through the back door and that is drops balanced around self found rather than trade. Im not against that argument, but saying its all about the game being harder is a complete contradiction of the idea that we need an SFL, so you guys need to start being honest with yourselves and the rest of us about what it is you want if we are going to have a proper discussion about it that anyone who matters is going to take seriously.

What is wrong with self found atm? What is wrong with trade? This isnt D3 where its people who actually grind vs people who turn up with a visa card and RMAH bis endgame gear, trade in this game is legit, you have to find something of equal worth to the item you want to trade for. Does it make the game easier? Ya, if you are GOOD at it, trade in this game does take knowledge, a lot of it if you want to get ahead through trade. Sry if you dont like hearing that but its true.

I found a legacy Kaoms Heart, legacy Aegis, BoR, Voltaxic, several Lioneyes bows, untold alpha howls etc, Ive 6 linked a number of GG chest armours Ive found.... Do I have chars that have extreme endgame gear that was traded for? Yes. How did I afford it? By trading equally extreme endgame gear. Solo self found I would have characters every bit as powerful as the chars I have now who just piss all over extreme endgame maps, hey would just be different characters. I dont want to play a Kaoms build, I want to play different characters that use equally strong stuff, so I sold the kaoms, sold the bor, sold the voltaxic etc. Did that make the game easier? No, just more enjoyable. So waht exactly is the problem with solo self found in this game? Please tell me why this isnt a 'l2p' issue? Because in my experience, I just dont see it from an item point of view. If this was an SFL I would be so far ahead of most of you, because Im a better player right? No, because I played more and got better rng, if you arnt impressed one bit by me finding legacy kaoms, volt and all these other high end things then good, you shouldnt be, theres nothing impressive about it, and that is exactly why an SFL ladder would be utter bullshit with absolutely no meaning in the way a hc ladder does.

I see it from a currency point of view, the amount of posts I have made about how trade is virtually mandatory to run maps, how do you find 10-30 chaos + 4 chisels for every map you run? Its impossible. Did I give up? Did I say 'GGG will never change this because they love their economy so I better try and sneak what I want in behind calls for an SFL'? No. Now we have ambush, I have leveled 4 characters, one of them is a days hard mappin away from 92 and I have not alched a single map in the whole league. Ive fun them blue, thanks to the changes to map drops and the new dropboxes. They fixed it, they actually fixed it, they listened and did something about it.

high end crafting? Youre basically locked out of mass eternal exalting unless you are good at trading. Should this be changed? If so make an argument for it, but as far as I can see this is the only thing left now, this is the only thing an SFL could meaningfully change. You dont need it, you dont need to eternal exalt spam its only for extreme gear that is more for show than its benefits over lower tier gear that is still op. But do you want it? do you want to be free to just spam more orbs in general? I do, Id be up for that, but if that is what we are talking about then lets talk about it rather than talking about this SFL stuff which is just adding unnecessary baggage to the idea and making it unworkable.
poll results updated, we've broken 1000 votes.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

This is all about making a league that is easier than the current leagues for solo self found players, if you cant even be honest and clear about what you want how can you make any solid argument for it? This whole SFL thing is just a cover, youre trying to get something else through the back door and that is drops balanced around self found rather than trade. Im not against that argument, but saying its all about the game being harder is a complete contradiction of the idea that we need an SFL,

I never once said that this was about making the game harder. I just recognize that it would be. I've been completely honest here, I don't know why your harping on this. Ya the drops would be better, so what?

"
so you guys need to start being honest with yourselves and the rest of us about what it is you want if we are going to have a proper discussion about it that anyone who matters is going to take seriously.

Show me one time that I have not been "honest with myself" in this situation. I have plainly said what I want from the beginning.

"
What is wrong with self found atm? What is wrong with trade? This isnt D3 where its people who actually grind vs people who turn up with a visa card and RMAH bis endgame gear, trade in this game is legit, you have to find something of equal worth to the item you want to trade for. Does it make the game easier? Ya, if you are GOOD at it, trade in this game does take knowledge, a lot of it if you want to get ahead through trade. Sry if you dont like hearing that but its true.

The only reason your in here arguing with us apparently is because you think trading is a great skill and great way to play the game. I don't, IMO its not playing the game. Its some kind of mini game people play to circumvent playing the actual game, and your pushed to do this because drops in the actual game are bad.

"

I found a legacy Kaoms Heart, legacy Aegis, BoR, Voltaxic, several Lioneyes bows, untold alpha howls etc, Ive 6 linked a number of GG chest armours Ive found.... Do I have chars that have extreme endgame gear that was traded for? Yes. How did I afford it? By trading equally extreme endgame gear.

Congratulations I guess. Why do I care what you have found again. Do you think that there aren't people with thousands of hours logged who have never found aything like that stuff before?
"

So what exactly is the problem with solo self found in this game?

For me personally solo self found right now would be an absolutely boring way to play the game. Drops are boring, crafting is pretty bad. I don't care if its viable or not, its not at all appealing to me. The only reason I get what I want to make anything interesting in this game is because of trading. The only reason I get any kind of decent amount of currency is because of trading. Its not because I was good at the game, its because some of my gear turned legacy and I made a big profit from it. Horray for me I guess.

"

If this was an SFL I would be so far ahead of most of you, because Im a better player right? No, because I played more and got better rng, if you arnt impressed one bit by me finding legacy kaoms, volt and all these other high end things then good, you shouldnt be, theres nothing impressive about it, and that is exactly why an SFL ladder would be utter bullshit with absolutely no meaning in the way a hc ladder does.

Luck and RNG is how people should get ahead in my opinion. Not because some of their gear turned legacy making them instant millioinaires, or that they were good at taking the little wealth they acquired playing the game and flipped it for far more. That impresses me far less than finding the stuff yourself.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Did I say 'GGG will never change this because they love their economy so I better try and sneak what I want in behind calls for an SFL'?

Please stop pretending that I have ever done that.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Apr 19, 2014, 6:30:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info