Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
mrpetrov wrote:
Title adjusted, noting time here so we can see if voting patterns change materially with thread title change.

Personally I think its silly to think that people against a SFL wouldn't have voted here because of your title. Its just people who are against a SFL grasping at straws and trying to discredit the thread.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Title adjusted, noting time here so we can see if voting patterns change materially with thread title change.

Personally I think its silly to think that people against a SFL wouldn't have voted here because of your title. Its just people who are against a SFL grasping at straws and trying to discredit the thread.

I'm in violent agreement with you, but we could be wrong. Better to have some data.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

The argument I would go with is that most of the people on the forums are here to complain and that people happy with the way the game is tend to actually play the game.

Right now GGG needs to focus on PvP leagues and other game features, not following D3 and implementing some silly bind on account league.
"
Splift wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

The argument I would go with is that most of the people on the forums are here to complain and that people happy with the way the game is tend to actually play the game.

Right now GGG needs to focus on PvP leagues and other game features, not following D3 and implementing some silly bind on account league.

Dude.

1. Remember that people who quit playing or following the forums didn't vote in the poll too.

2. Remember that people who have not yet played Poe because of its trade-focus or rmt issues are unlikely to have voted.

3. Remember that no one is suggesting that sfl becomes compulsory (as it is now in d3).

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Apr 17, 2014, 6:13:55 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
Splift wrote:

Dude.

1. Remember that people who quit playing or following the forums didn't vote in the poll too.

2. Remember that people who have not yet played Poe because of its trade-focus or rmt issues are unlikely to have voted.

3. Remember that no one is suggesting that sfl becomes compulsory (as it is now in d3).

P.
None of that actually counters a thing I said though. People who want to play self found can just play self found in any league. GGG has better things to spend their time doing.
This is dumb. You are splitting the playerbase for no reason just so you can "justify" you are playing a SFL when you already can. I get the competition and fulfillment aspect of it but if GGG really wanted to make a separate league for this they already can. GGG already did a 1-week solo only race event, this is basically the same and I don't see them bringing back the former anytime soon.

TL;DR GGG is already catering to a niche group of players. There's really no need to cater to a smaller niche group of players.
Last edited by byzrk on Apr 17, 2014, 6:30:15 PM
"
Splift wrote:
GGG has better things to spend their time doing.

Considering its one of the most requested features right now I respectfully disagree. This game advertises different leagues, its not outlandish for a portion of the player base to say "hey we are interested in a league with no trading". To that portion its well worth the time it would take to just disable trading and adjust orb drop rates (or whatever).

Of course I completely understand how people who aren't interested in that league would argue that its not worth the time. Hell from my perspective Hardcore is a waste of time and temporary leagues are as well lol. But I recognize that other people like those things so I am glad that GGG is making them happy.
Standard Forever
I would rather change the function of orbs instead
"
Splift wrote:
None of that actually counters a thing I said though. People who want to play self found can just play self found in any league. GGG has better things to spend their time doing.

Points 1 and 2 are mitigants to your statement that suggested only displeased players tend to follow the forums.

I'm not sure how either you nor I can objectively assess how GGG should be allocating their finite resources. Perhaps you are a GGG team member in disguise?

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Apr 17, 2014, 6:34:06 PM
"
byzrk wrote:
This is dumb. You are splitting the playerbase for no reason just so you can "justify" you are playing a SFL when you already can. I get the competition and fulfillment aspect of it but if GGG really wanted to make a separate league for this they already can. GGG already did a 1-week solo only race event, this is basically the same and I don't see them bringing back the former anytime soon.

TL;DR GGG is already catering to a niche group of players. There's really no need to cater to a smaller niche group of players.

Smaller niche? What little evidence we have suggests anti-test-sfl proponents are in the minority, by some distance? You read the op (and voted I hope)?

It would be better if ggg ran the poll, but they haven't, so this is all we have for hard evidence to date.

P.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info