Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
DaveSW wrote:
2 things to keep in mind:

1. No one is forcing you to trade.

2. The drop rate will never be improved for you.

The game is perfectly doable (outside of Invasion league) with only blue gear. You don't have to trade too be successful and you don't need the drop rate to be improved. You will never be able to compete with people who do take advantage of trading, and you never should. It is an element of the game that you simply don't want to have to deal with, but you want to reap the same reward as the people who do trade. That is never, ever going to happen.

1. If you want to participate on ladders and you want to reach the top, you are forced to trade. Nothing as simple at that

2. Who said that SF-players want a higher drop rate?

From my side PoE is from patch to patch less fun. Patching things into the game, nerf this, nerf that while a running league - that´s just ridiculous and have nothing to do with the idea GGG once propagandised. From patch to patch it´s getting more mainstream and casual.

I support the initiative (more power to H&S, less to shopping), but a SFL wouldn't solve anything.

The game-play mechanics are rotten at their core - eg. the sorry excuse for "crafting", which is just gambling that is balanced around a global economy trading, where you need to buy a lot more materials that you'll ever loot.

Or itemization effort to dilute affixes, where top tier ilvl 80 items, can spawn zero-tier affixes, lol, it's a complete joke.

The whole itemization mechanics are designed with shopping in mind, ie. overcoming all the bad RNG with lots of quantity - a quantity of orbs you cannot ever farm yourself, but have to buy from others. If you'd want to promote "self-found", you'd have to seriously redesign itemization.

Do not expect that PoE will take any radical changes like D3, who went 360 and removed the trade-core mentality altogether.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Do not expect that PoE will take any radical changes like D3, who went 360 and removed the trade-core mentality altogether.

D3 removed trade and economy form the game altogether. What PoE SFL people asks for is either a separate league of SFL without any changes to core 4 leagues, or a tickbox on char creation in core leagues that disables trade in return for increased orb rates and some IIR/IIQ bonus.
"
symban wrote:
What PoE SFL people asks for is either a separate league of SFL without any changes to core 4 leagues, or a tickbox on char creation in core leagues that disables trade in return for increased orb rates and some IIR/IIQ bonus.

Without changing some core mechanics, it wouldn't mean much. "crafting" would still be bullshit gambling, requiring luck. You'd still see weeks of orb grind wasted into nothingness. Looting would still be balanced for economy (vendor trash everywhere). Garbage & zero level item affixes would still fvck your ilvl 80 Vaal regalia...

This game problems are much deeper than a SFL could solve.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Apr 15, 2014, 11:05:09 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Theres nothing stopping you loading ambush right now and going self found all the way to 78Dom, its everything you are asking for, except it doesnt involve GGG wasting untold man hours and money giving you an entirely new server to do it on. They can spend that time and money adding new things to the game that make an actual difference to everyone.

This right here sums up my thoughts on SFL. I dont think there is anything wrong with a playing Self Found. What I dont like is people expecting finite resources in developing a league that can already exist. Like Snorkle said, if you don't want buffed drop rates then you can play self found now. If you do want buffed drop rates then I dont see GGG putting time and energy into making a private league for players who just dont want to trade. I also agree that I think these drop boxes were put in to make getting items easier.

The only thing I think would be a good idea is making it so you can check a box at the creation of your toon to label your toon as self found only and maybe make a ladder for said toons. Everyone that plays games likes to see how they compare to players in the same circumstance. Sure, it would essentially come down to who had better luck at the RNG, but to a certain extent that exists on all ladders. The guy who gets the great 6L item to drop is going to have it easier than the guy who spends 300+ fusing to a 5L mid range item.

So to reiterate, I have ZERO problem with Self Found, but I do have a problem with them putting time, energy, and money into a system that just raises drop rates to placate people who want to avoid trading. If you want to play self found then you accept the idea that it will be harder for you to obtain gear. I dont play Hard Core and then ask for 3 lives because dying to desync is unfair. I accept that a desync can ruin my toon. Thats why its called "Hard Core."
"
dogghaus wrote:
The only thing I think would be a good idea is making it so you can check a box at the creation of your toon to label your toon as self found only and maybe make a ladder for said toons. Everyone that plays games likes to see how they compare to players in the same circumstance. Sure, it would essentially come down to who had better luck at the RNG, but to a certain extent that exists on all ladders.

This is essentially what I believe many of us are asking for. Certainly what I'd like to see, anyway.

What you've said outlines a SFL pretty well IMO
I guess we should shut down the resources used to maintain the HC ladder and leagues too? Use them to fix desync, yeah?

P.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
I guess we should shut down the resources used to maintain the HC ladder and leagues too? Use them to fix desync, yeah?

P.

May as well,going by the complaints on these very forums they are supposed to be ghost towns with too few players to trade with for sane progression.

Besides,the hardcore leagues only serve to split the community which isn't promoting *social interaction*.I'll have to be content with pretending to play hardcore leagues in standard leagues. =P
Last edited by Temper on Apr 15, 2014, 1:08:49 PM
Voted, I play Self Found all the time.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
The difference between the current leagues and adding another is that the current leagues already exist. They have already decided they wanted them and they have already done the work to have them up and running. Removal of them would be idiotic at this point. Not to mention the fact that they use those leagues to sort of beta test things before putting them into the standard leagues. Creating a whole new server with adjusted drop rates would be a solid amount of work to start up.

Lets say they do add a SFL. Great, but then whats next? Well I want to play a trade league that has increased drop rates and is like hardcore but gives you 5 deaths. Well thats what I want, and I'm sure I will find a few hundred people wanting it to back up my thoughts. I can see the post now: "Who wants a league that you can trade in but also has increased drop rates and is like hardcore but lets you die 5 times? Vote on this poll!" I bet I can get at least 300 people to vote yes on that. So why cant GGG give me that? Everyone has their own playstyles and everyone would love their own personal server, but its not likely. Then my defense for why GGG should take time and money out of their budget to put this in is because it doesnt effect you. Sound familiar?

Just a reminder that I dont really want that server, I was just trying to make a point that at what point do we say there is enough servers or do we just keep on making more and more unique rule set servers to satisfy the tons of different ideas people think this game should use.
Last edited by dogghaus on Apr 16, 2014, 12:13:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info