Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
You are constantly pushing two false statements...

It is not about having it easy/easier.

yes it is, otherwise people who just play self found in the normal leagues. Why do they want a new league specifically for self found? Because they believe it would have increased drop rates to make self found easier. You telling me you guys want a self found league where drop rates are nerfed? You either want them buffed or nerfed, if you dont then theres no reason not to just play self found in an existing league.

There are already many people that play self found in the current leagues, so what?

And why can't HC players just play HC in standard then?

And you must be blind because the reason has already been given, read back...
"
Stoutarm wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

I cannot help but remain baffled at the amount of nonsense in this post. Do you even know what this thread is about?

Do you even know what this game is about?

Yes, FINDING LOOT. NOT BUYING LOOT.
Just voted, I don't think a self found league would ruin the game longevity, Unlike Torch Light Path of Exile has races, leagues, and pvp sort of. Theirs plenty of stuff to do already with out rummaging through items to trade. I also don't get why other players are scared of noobs or casuals coming to the game because of it I full heartily welcome them, anything to keep them away from Michael Bay of Duty and Copy Right Crush I want them to give their money to developers that take time and effort in their games like GGG so forth, let face it Path of Exile is a hard game to get into not Dark Souls hard but hard none the less. I think a SFL would bring more players in and also would probably improve the experience if not that maybe a better crafting system would do.
STMain: 150k dps GH Zerker
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
so that they can have op gears without putting in the graft that it currently takes to find them.

No, its about putting in the same amount of work except for self founders its playing the game instead of trading. Currently self founders are playing a much harder game. I have no interest in that so people saying to just do that sound ridiculous to me.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Its like you actually cannot process an idea that is different to how you want to see things.

Its amazingly ironic that you said this because that's exactly what your doing.
Standard Forever
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
and Im sad to see people not embracing it and actually pushing themselves to succeed.

People bashing a self found league typically throw out this accusation that anyone who wants it is not "succeeding" and therefore wants the new league. On the contrary I'm succeeding just fine playing the trading game, its about playing the game in another way that sounds fun. In a game that promotes different leagues I don't see how this one is so ridiculous.

Standard Forever
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

exactly, this isnt some shit game where all you want is core stats, crits and attack speed on every bit of gear. The whole depth of the builds and item systems while still having a hard game where finding op gear is not easy completely rests on the community aspect. The guy mentioned Eye of Chay, if everyone was certain to find one it would be meaningless, there would be nothing special about it, if very few people find one, very few people can play the whole host of builds that item opens up. The game is made spectacular by the trade system, its what allows the game to have the depth and scope is does, the difficulty it does, the layers and layers of game knowledge that exist. Take the trade community away and you either have to completely rape the drop system so that everyone finds everything or completely rape the build system so that everyones playing life based IR spec throw cause they cant find the gear to make anything else work.

Its just so short sighted, and I can help but feel like 95% of the people behind it are just systematic whiners who would rather bitch about nonsense than actually engage their brains and work out how to get where they want to be without someone hand feeding it to them. Thats not everyone, but its most of them imo.

The whole vibe of the game is cut throat, this is the world, get ahead by any means within the rules, exploit, flip, ninja, the game offers a million dynamics and its up to you to learn how to bend them to you will to get the upper hand, that includes trading, its an integral part of a masterfully interwoven fabric of mechanics and game knowledge that is so far beyond every other ARPG in history. Some people just dont get that, they feel threatened by the whole thing and just want to retreat into a single player experience. Great, thats cool man, play self found, play skyrim, whatever floats your boat, but this is the game GGG has created, this is the vision and Im sad to see people not embracing it and actually pushing themselves to succeed.

Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU.
Stoutarm

Guildleader: JESUSWEPT (JESUS†)
"
glh5 wrote:
"
Stoutarm wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

I cannot help but remain baffled at the amount of nonsense in this post. Do you even know what this thread is about?

Do you even know what this game is about?

Yes, FINDING LOOT. NOT BUYING LOOT.

No.
Stoutarm

Guildleader: JESUSWEPT (JESUS†)
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
so that they can have op gears without putting in the graft that it currently takes to find them.

No, its about putting in the same amount of work except for self founders its playing the game instead of trading. Currently self founders are playing a much harder game. I have no interest in that so people saying to just do that sound ridiculous to me.

ya I get self found, I like self found, D3 and PoE are the only games Ive ever played that havent been completely self found and Ive been playing games for over 20 years. What I dont understand is how playing an existing league self found and playing a self found league are different? You already have the option to not trade, so theres no need to make a new league for that, what else is it you want to be changed?

You want drops buffed dont you? Go on, admit it.

"
iamstryker wrote:
its about playing the game in another way that sounds fun.

playing the game in another way... that you can already play in the existing leagues.

Have you guys played Ambush? Have you seen how ridiculous the drops are over there? Im opening boxes and 14 maps fall out, exalts, divines, Ive sold about 8 endgame viable 5 link body armours, Ive found more high level maps and uniques in a month than I did the previous 3 months on standard. I feel like that was GGGs response to all this complaining about drop rates, they gave you the most verge of broken dropbuffed league to date, Im not sure what else you can ask for? Theres nothing stopping you loading ambush right now and going self found all the way to 78Dom, its everything you are asking for, except it doesnt involve GGG wasting untold man hours and money giving you an entirely new server to do it on. They can spend that time and money adding new things to the game that make an actual difference to everyone.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

ya I get self found, I like self found, D3 and PoE are the only games Ive ever played that havent been completely self found and Ive been playing games for over 20 years. What I dont understand is how playing an existing league self found and playing a self found league are different? You already have the option to not trade, so theres no need to make a new league for that, what else is it you want to be changed?

You want drops buffed dont you? Go on, admit it.

You found me out there Sherlock. Its not like my post history isn't full of saying it plainly or anything lol. Without the easy krutch of trading (aka not really playing the game), the drop rates should logically be adjusted, especially orbs(crafting) which is right now not being utilized to its potential because of trading.

"
playing the game in another way... that you can already play in the existing leagues.

Not in the way that I am talking about no. You already know that though and are just playing dumb I guess. Your going to say "oh but you can play self found viable now", I never said that you can't but I sure as hell wouldn't want to do that. Its far more difficult and boring since you won't get good or interesting gear in any kind of realistic time frame and many good orbs for crafting will still have borked drop rates.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Have you guys played Ambush? Have you seen how ridiculous the drops are over there?

I play permanent leagues so whats happening in Ambush is irrelevant to me at the moment.
Standard Forever
Reminds me of table tennis.

Unless one of the guys drops the ball, the match will not end.

The problem is, whoever dropped the ball first is considered the loser.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info