Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

Path of Sampling Bias
SC: Sumichin
HC: Hugsnotslugs
quote=toutarm"]
"
glh5 wrote:
"
Stoutarm wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

I cannot help but remain baffled at the amount of nonsense in this post. Do you even know what this thread is about?

Do you even know what this game is about?

Yes, FINDING LOOT. NOT BUYING LOOT.

No. [/quote]

Yes.
Another 100 responses in the last day, approaching 1000 votes soon. Not a bad result given what % of the active user base reads the forums.

Hopefully GGG find these data somewhat informative - at least, better than not having any data.

P.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Stoutarm wrote:
Without any trade, NO Builds will be viable except for the skills you get from quest rewards and what you can click on the skill tree.

How would this be fair to the thousands of players that want to play this game?

You take away their right to try out Facebreaker, to try out Montergrul's Grasp or MoonSorrow. They'll never get to play with Bringer of Rain, Play with Soul Taker, play with Cybil's Paw.

So many sweet and amazing builds. Millions upon Millions of builds. SNATCHED AWAY FROM EVERY PLAYER.

YOU SHUT DOWN EVERYONE'S CHANCE TO ENJOY ANY BUILD.

Trading is so important to this game you cannot fathom it.

exactly, this isnt some shit game where all you want is core stats, crits and attack speed on every bit of gear. The whole depth of the builds and item systems while still having a hard game where finding op gear is not easy completely rests on the community aspect. The guy mentioned Eye of Chay, if everyone was certain to find one it would be meaningless, there would be nothing special about it, if very few people find one, very few people can play the whole host of builds that item opens up. The game is made spectacular by the trade system, its what allows the game to have the depth and scope is does, the difficulty it does, the layers and layers of game knowledge that exist. Take the trade community away and you either have to completely rape the drop system so that everyone finds everything or completely rape the build system so that everyones playing life based IR spec throw cause they cant find the gear to make anything else work.

Its just so short sighted, and I can help but feel like 95% of the people behind it are just systematic whiners who would rather bitch about nonsense than actually engage their brains and work out how to get where they want to be without someone hand feeding it to them. Thats not everyone, but its most of them imo.

The whole vibe of the game is cut throat, this is the world, get ahead by any means within the rules, exploit, flip, ninja, the game offers a million dynamics and its up to you to learn how to bend them to you will to get the upper hand, that includes trading, its an integral part of a masterfully interwoven fabric of mechanics and game knowledge that is so far beyond every other ARPG in history. Some people just dont get that, they feel threatened by the whole thing and just want to retreat into a single player experience. Great, thats cool man, play self found, play skyrim, whatever floats your boat, but this is the game GGG has created, this is the vision and Im sad to see people not embracing it and actually pushing themselves to succeed.

As a 100% self found player and not a self found league supporter I find both these posts rather ignorant,insulting and mostly inflammatory.

As someone who has been lurking around Path of Exile since 2010 I've seen this game go from a very promising ARPG to a mere reflection of the Diablo 3 trade for progression ethics,less the official RMT blessing.

Very evident by Lead dev Chris' statement that finding that one in a million item to trade for *currency* and then shopping for your needs/wants is the epitome of greatness in an ARPG.

While I cannot change your opinions on how you view solo self found players,I can,in reverse detest the trade for progression mentality for what it turned two of the most anticipated current ARPG titles into for me ... and that is Poor quality economy simulators with a poor quality ARPG mini game attached.

When I chose POE as my go to ARPG in 2010,I chose it because it was advertised as a hardcore ARPG with a barter based trade system,what I feel the game is now,is a bastardization of ARPG and third party/forum economy sims.

*I get it* but will not embrace it and will continue to struggle against forced *social* interaction.It's unnatural and damn right bizarre in an ARPG context.

And that's just my opinion. =P
Last edited by Temper on Apr 15, 2014, 5:18:44 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
so that they can have op gears without putting in the graft that it currently takes to find them.

No, its about putting in the same amount of work except for self founders its playing the game instead of trading. Currently self founders are playing a much harder game. I have no interest in that so people saying to just do that sound ridiculous to me.

ya I get self found, I like self found, D3 and PoE are the only games Ive ever played that havent been completely self found and Ive been playing games for over 20 years. What I dont understand is how playing an existing league self found and playing a self found league are different? You already have the option to not trade, so theres no need to make a new league for that, what else is it you want to be changed?

You want drops buffed dont you? Go on, admit it.

"
iamstryker wrote:
its about playing the game in another way that sounds fun.

playing the game in another way... that you can already play in the existing leagues.

Have you guys played Ambush? Have you seen how ridiculous the drops are over there? Im opening boxes and 14 maps fall out, exalts, divines, Ive sold about 8 endgame viable 5 link body armours, Ive found more high level maps and uniques in a month than I did the previous 3 months on standard. I feel like that was GGGs response to all this complaining about drop rates, they gave you the most verge of broken dropbuffed league to date, Im not sure what else you can ask for? Theres nothing stopping you loading ambush right now and going self found all the way to 78Dom, its everything you are asking for, except it doesnt involve GGG wasting untold man hours and money giving you an entirely new server to do it on. They can spend that time and money adding new things to the game that make an actual difference to everyone.

Last I heard Ambush is softcore league... I don't play softcore leagues,but I guess I can just delete my character and pretend it's hardcore right ?.

I guess that SFL players not joining Ambush pretty much debunks they just want all the best phat loot BIS uniques and items/maps available handed to them with no risk.
Last edited by Temper on Apr 15, 2014, 5:19:49 AM
Put my vote in the maybe plie, though I would be more inclined to see a test for it if anything. Might further split the playerbase into even more different places with another league on top of what we got already which is probably the negative side of it, but I wouldn't mind seeing more flexible options in the way people want to play if it rocks their boat, can see why a lot of people want the option.
I'd be super excited to split my PoE time between a SFL and a trading league. I do NOT think they are mutually exclusive playing experiences. Personally, the idea of jumping on Standard when I want to kit myself out in godly gear appeals, but when I want to have a slow-burn sense of real achievement, that's when I'd play self found.

The idea that you can't enjoy a SFL and also still enjoy a trading league, like Ambush or Standard, is wrong, in my view.

Petrov.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Apr 15, 2014, 5:47:11 AM
"
No % please, only legit numbers of people that actually play the game. BTW, GGG wanted this game to be about player interaction/trading so i dont see how voting on it is gonna make a difference. Just play SFL as it is, unless you and many other SF proponents really want more loot drops.

Amen! :))
324234234weewf
"
bluemer90 wrote:
"
No % please, only legit numbers of people that actually play the game. BTW, GGG wanted this game to be about player interaction/trading so i dont see how voting on it is gonna make a difference. Just play SFL as it is, unless you and many other SF proponents really want more loot drops.

Amen! :))

Paying for this poll probably won't make a difference. But I can tell you that not paying for the poll *definitely* won't make a difference.

bluemer90, if you read my topic in the Feedback forum, you will notice that I started out as an avid anti-SFL advocate.

Having had the privilege to have played this game for much, much longer than you, I feel I am well placed to provide a different (not better, not worse) perspective than you.

I believe my perspective gives a glimpse into how many players will feel after having played PoE for a couple of years (some more, some less - if they last that long). Given GGG's desire to be here for the long-run (whatever that means), I believe they owe it to themselves to think seriously again at various creative alternatives for an optional SFL as one method to combat player fatigue in the longer term.

Petrov.
Sadly this will never happen...

1. GGG are working on new trading system. And they will want to promote it and capitalize on it. SFL will do the opposite.

2. They will probably want to use SFL idea as a kickstarter for their paid custom leagues in the future. If that ever happens.

3. They will have to adjust droprates for currencies since they will be used only for crafting, not as "gold". Players that generally don't want to play SFL will nerdrage hard.

4. Game as a whole and especially end game is balanced 100% arround team play.

5. For better or worse, sometimes GGG are too stubborn. When they say something, they stand for it. They said they will never restart/cancel permanent leagues and there they are. With all the leagacy items, inbalances, laughable prices... Dumpster for 4 month leagues. (Don't play Standart, making my statement based on forum/reddit feedback, just as an example). It clearly didn't turn out so well.
They said no SFL.

If ever SFL happens in anyform, I will test it for sure and will probably stay there for good.
Till then I can enjoy the F2P game as it is probably 1-2 more 4-month seasons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info