Leech: GGG clarify please!

Can the effect on AoE be clarified?
My understanding is that if my AoE skill hits 3 mobs simultaneously, each hit is calculated separately and has its own instance of Leech?

Math show below: For One Single Hit
Your AoE skill (e.g. Groundslam) hits 3 mobs (assume you did 1000 damage and have 10% life leech, 2% Mana Leech). For each mob hit you leech 100 Life and 20 Mana.

Previously, the leech for the 2 mobs after the first would queue behind each other giving you total 300 life and 60 Mana (over how long depends on your max life/mana pool affecting your max leech rate).

Now you leech for 100 Life and 20 Mana, the leech from the other 2 mobs hit simultaneously is disregarded and lost.

Is this correct?
If I fire 1 split Arrow Chain shot. Is all the damage added and count as 1 leech event, or is each chain hit it's own instance?
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
"
Silverthorn90 wrote:
Can the effect on AoE be clarified?
My understanding is that if my AoE skill hits 3 mobs simultaneously, each hit is calculated separately and has its own instance of Leech?

Math show below: For One Single Hit
Your AoE skill (e.g. Groundslam) hits 3 mobs (assume you did 1000 damage and have 10% life leech, 2% Mana Leech). For each mob hit you leech 100 Life and 20 Mana.

Previously, the leech for the 2 mobs after the first would queue behind each other giving you total 300 life and 60 Mana (over how long depends on your max life/mana pool affecting your max leech rate).

Now you leech for 100 Life and 20 Mana, the leech from the other 2 mobs hit simultaneously is disregarded and lost.

Is this correct?

Yes, only the largest count. If you take VP (for life only)then all leech are applied at the cost of 60% reduction.
I Believe I Can Fly ~~~~
Last edited by dda550 on Mar 7, 2014, 1:19:56 AM
"
Asidra wrote:
If I fire 1 split Arrow Chain shot. Is all the damage added and count as 1 leech event, or is each chain hit it's own instance?

Any more leeches during the 'heal over time' will not queue anymore nor refresh the current heal pool or stack.
I Believe I Can Fly ~~~~
Last edited by dda550 on Mar 7, 2014, 1:26:39 AM
"
dda550 wrote:
"
Asidra wrote:

Any more leeches during the 'heal over time' will not queue anymore nor refresh the current heal pool or stack.

That does not in any way answer my question.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
"
Asidra wrote:
"
dda550 wrote:
"
Asidra wrote:

That does not in any way answer my question.

Of course it does, read up on how leech originally worked and it will be crystal clear, if it doesn't refresh or stack it can only overlap.

So, leech from every hit overlaps now, similar to ignite mechanics if you imagine all hits did the same damage. So, if your first hit leeched 400 life per second for 2 seconds and another hit delivered a second later leeched 400 life per second for 3 seconds, once the first one is over the second one will continue to replenish your health you for the remaining two seconds on its timer.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 7, 2014, 4:20:57 AM
so is split arrow, chain, life leech worse or bette and by how much
It's worse, by 89%.
"
RagnarokX wrote:
so is split arrow, chain, life leech worse or bette and by how much

That's pretty easy to calculate.

take your average physical damage per hit
apply your leech percentage
get your leech rate and see how long will it take to transfer the leeched amount
compare with your attack rate (1/APS, you might have to guess a bit with chain)

if leech time is longer than your attack rate there's no difference, if it's shorter it will be worse than before, by the factor of leech time / attack rate.

This is all arbitrary, of course, crits skew the calculation a lot.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
GornoDD wrote:
So a hit generates a small "Heal of over Time" Effect.

Over what time does it do that. How is the time calculated after wich my next hit has to cause a new "HoT" Effekt to follow up the first?
Last edited by GornoDD on Mar 7, 2014, 6:29:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info