Leech: GGG clarify please!

"
GornoDD wrote:
So a hit generates a small "Heal of over Time" Effect.

Over what time does it do that. How is the time calculated after wich my next hit has to cause a new "HoT" Effekt to follow up the first?

Your leech rate is 20% of your max health, assuming you aren't using quality leech gem.
Leech time is leeched amount / leech rate, so if your leech rate is 200 health per second and you leeched 600 with your hit, it will take 3 seconds to transfer all of it to your health.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

ok

How to calculate the Leachrate exactly?

My life is 3,6k

My Leech Rate is 3,6k * 0.2 = 720

My Incinerate does 400 in a Single hit (on GMP) every 0.14s = 2857 dps

My leech is 8.2%

I leech 400 * 0.082 = 32.8 on each hit

So you say 32.9 / 720 = 0.045

So it will take 45ms to aply the 32.9 HP to My Pool

that is 731 HP/S

Did it miscalculate?
Last edited by GornoDD on Mar 7, 2014, 6:35:46 AM
You can throw dps in leech calculation out of the window now, or as we say here 'hang it on a cat's tail'.

Leech rate is 720 hp/sec, that's fine
You do 400 damage per hit every 0,140s
You do leech 32,8 on every hit and it takes 0,0045 to get that amount
So you get nothing for 0,095 seconds when you hit again.
And you leech effectiveness is 45 / 140 = 32% of what you had before the patch.

Of course, this is an example for a single enemy, if you have a lot of them you hit much more often as your projectiles travel and you will probably have comparable leech to pre-patch numbers, not 100% the same but not much worse.

Simply put, any damage you dealt while you regen from you previous leech, will be ignored. And if you AoE a pack of mobs, only the highest damage will leech.

I Believe I Can Fly ~~~~
Last edited by dda550 on Mar 7, 2014, 7:23:36 AM
"
raics wrote:
You can throw dps in leech calculation out of the window now, or as we say here 'hang it on a cat's tail'.

Leech rate is 720 hp/sec, that's fine
You do 400 damage per hit every 0,140s
You do leech 32,8 on every hit and it takes 0,0045 to get that amount
So you get nothing for 0,095 seconds when you hit again.
And you leech effectiveness is 45 / 140 = 32% of what you had before the patch.

Of course, this is an example for a single enemy, if you have a lot of them you hit much more often as your projectiles travel and you will probably have comparable leech to pre-patch numbers, not 100% the same but not much worse.

That would mean the If I take "VaaL Pact" it would even lower the Amount Leeched
Since I only get it every 140ms and is only 40% of my Hit-Damage

Quality Gems wouldnt theroretically worsen the situation too.

Sad World
"
GornoDD wrote:
That would mean the If I take "VaaL Pact" it would even lower the Amount Leeched

Sad World

No, with Vaal Pact you effectively turn life leech into life on hit and bypass all this fancy new mechanics, you would leech less on single-hit skills due to VP penalty, but you would leech more with AoE.

"
raics wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:

Sad World

No, with Vaal Pact you effectively turn life leech into life on hit and bypass all this fancy new mechanics, you would leech less on single-hit skills due to VP penalty, but you would leech more with AoE.

So shotgunning one target would do the same?

If vaal pact isnt taken. Does that mean that If I shoot with GMP it is the "travel time" of each individual projectile and the time frame in between each hit that somewhat bypasses my "slow" castspeed of 0.14 to ensure the refreshment after each 0.045s lifegain?

Like spread out monsters in diffrent distances to my characater. In theory if one monster is standing further than another, it would refresh my leech if the travel time of the projectiles is diffrent by 0.045s?

I know its pretty indepth now.
Last edited by GornoDD on Mar 7, 2014, 8:09:51 AM
Does "Mana regeneration Rate" modifiers on Items and Passives affect the base Mana Leeching Rate (12.5% of maximum mana)? Can I get more than 12.5% leeching rate if I stack that stat?
"
GornoDD wrote:
So shotgunning one target would do the same?

Right, you get the full amount leeched for every hit you do right then and there.

"
GornoDD wrote:
If vaal pact isnt taken. Does that mean that If I shoot with GMP it is the "travel time" of each individual projectile and the time frame in between each hit that somewhat bypasses my "slow" castspeed of 0.14 to ensure the refreshment after each 0.045s lifegain?

Like spread out monsters in diffrent distances to my characater. In theory if one monster is standing further than another, it would make my life refresh my leech if the travel time of the projectiles is diffrent by 0.045

I know its pretty indepth now.

Yes, I mentioned that specifically, if your projectile passed through first monster and hit some other at the end of its path before you get to cast again but after the first leech expired it would help fill the leech gap. I guess you'll be able to notice better leech on frying a full screen of monsters than shooting at only one standing in front of you.

"
junaum wrote:
Does "Mana regeneration Rate" modifiers on Items and Passives affect the base Mana Leeching Rate (12.5% of maximum mana)? Can I get more than 12.5% leeching rate if I stack that stat?

Regen and leech are separate mechanics.

Last edited by raics on Mar 7, 2014, 8:15:27 AM
Thanks much raics. I think I pick up vaal pact now just for shotgunning single target bosses and not getting killed instantly. Without my leech would be too small I think to drain-tank hard hitting stuff in 75++ maps

You got to have university grade in math to play PoE :D nowadays
just kidding

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info