Leech: GGG clarify please!

And now the most interesting question: WHY did you change this?
Was there any reason? Maybe in times where developers manifesto is there again it would be really nice to know.
"
Tlaloc4 wrote:
Was there any reason? Maybe in times where developers manifesto is there again it would be really nice to know.

Mana Leech was pretty faceroll, and you could leech huge amounts while not in combat any longer. Personally, it detracted from the "action" part of arpg. Not sure how the devs felt, but I'd imagine it had something to do with mega leech from crits being rediculous.

Also, again, Mana Leech was absolutely rediculous, and there was no reason to even try a mana regen build, because lvl 7 (9?) Clarity and 1-2% mana leech just carried any amount of Mana/sec. Now, you see more diversity, ala EB/MoM, Leech builds (think CoE), BM builds, BM Gem builds, etc.
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
And go figure, a 6L caster who isn't EB nowadays needs to spend a whole lot of nodes on regen and get a 20% mana leech to even MAYBE keep up with mana costs. With a 20 clarity. With 55% aura effect nodes. With Dream Fragments. Honestly, what angered me was when they nerfed mana regen so many times that you couldn't even sustain a 5L without mana leech.
"
Midnightgem wrote:
"
Tlaloc4 wrote:

Mana Leech was pretty faceroll, and you could leech huge amounts while not in combat any longer. Personally, it detracted from the "action" part of arpg. Not sure how the devs felt, but I'd imagine it had something to do with mega leech from crits being rediculous.

Also, again, Mana Leech was absolutely rediculous, and there was no reason to even try a mana regen build, because lvl 7 (9?) Clarity and 1-2% mana leech just carried any amount of Mana/sec. Now, you see more diversity, ala EB/MoM, Leech builds (think CoE), BM builds, BM Gem builds, etc.

Hi,

at first, I heard a lot of interpretation, but I would prefer a statement from GGG, especially when they announce nowadays the developers manifesto. Actually I dont care at all why they introduce some glace gem, but I care a lot if they do a significant change to the core mechanics of the game.

At second, did you rethink what you wrote here? You where saying that with even small amount of clarity it all can be financed. Excuse me? This maybe is not a big problem for blood magic builds, for for all others who want to use use auras and therfore go for mana this is a big thing since especially Clarity is not based on percentage but on absolute values!

Lvl 7 is 180 and lvl 9 is 190 mana reserveration. I have overall 541 and I want as all melees run hatred what is another 60% ( for sure all reduced by red mana gem). Clarity is not standard for a groundslam build! So please just speak for yourself.

And in point off diversity, it is actually the opposite! Since now people need to care for mana regen more than they need before, that forces them to skill that or get items what support them, pumping their prices!

So this actually REDUCES the possibility of builds, especially low life builds suffer a lot from this life leech nerf!

If crits are a problem, change mechanic that crits dont count for that and thats it! Will not be nice but if it is reasonable people would accept. But this change felt very arbitrary. I also made already the proposal to just limit the queue depth for life and mana to dont make it scale to much. But like it is now, it is not fun at all.
I missed the leech nerv in the patch notes!
I like nerv's, on things the gets over-used.
but I sadly just started a leech char myself!

the only thing, not discussed, I not found in this topic, is Vaal pact

if use AoE skill(like melee splash or leap slam), Vaal pact not adds extra leech? ( I not think so, since the hits happen simultaneously )

if use a fast hitting skill:
like 200life leeched, would normaly take 0.25sec, but now happen instant, and therefore, the next hit(0.001sec after) that does 200 heal, adds up, and not counts down without effect

makes a leech ground slam > leeching melee splash
since the hits from ground slam have a delay between targets

e/
this not make sense, now the skills that are good for coc, also are good for leech
and the skills bad for coc proc intervals, also get bad for leech-proc-intervals
somehow the cookiecutter nerv, creates more cookiecutter gems?
Last edited by Tommyvv on Apr 25, 2014, 2:47:52 PM
Instant leech is not affected by changes discussed in this thread. With VP you get all hp you leeched, nothing is lost, AoE or not. Nothing but 60% that VP itself steals :)
"
SunnyRay wrote:
Instant leech is not affected by changes discussed in this thread. With VP you get all hp you leeched, nothing is lost, AoE or not. Nothing but 60% that VP itself steals :)

thx a lot,

the good new, I now know how leech works, and lurned something great, and can use it in my build, and knowing how to maximize it, and the effects of it.

the bad news: my perfect passive tree, may now only be 96.66%perfect ones I respected into VP
and the need of VP is still not 100%sure to me yet, still need to do some comparisons!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info