Leech: GGG clarify please!

"
Tlaloc4 wrote:
I have 5851 pDPS, even with my basic 9% life leech I have 5851*0,09=526 life per Hit!

You Leech based on Damage Dealt, not on DPS, numbnut.

(also, if you did actually Leech that much, the nerf made literally no difference for you)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 30, 2014, 10:40:26 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Tlaloc4 wrote:
I have 5851 pDPS, even with my basic 9% life leech I have 5851*0,09=526 life per Hit!

(also, if you did actually Leech that much, the nerf made literally no difference for you)

That is clear, i took Damage Per Second to illustrate that it is not only a problem for the Aoe that you ae now leeching only from one instead of all targets hit ( what is already huge) but also single target due to the 20% limit it is a nerf.

Still running 50%crit ek in triple reflect maps without vaal pact. Life leach is fine.

(triple reflect = physical reflect from map + physical reflect rare + invulnerability curse on player)

If anything it made me heal faster because my crit leach now always precedes my other damage sources.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Tlaloc4 wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Tlaloc4 wrote:

That is clear, i took Damage Per Second to illustrate that it is not only a problem for the Aoe that you ae now leeching only from one instead of all targets hit ( what is already huge) but also single target due to the 20% limit it is a nerf.
This is incorrect. You have never been able to leech from all targets hit at once in PoE. You could only ever have one active leech effect - the change was that the other ones which aren't active previously waiting without ticking down their own duration, effectively queuing them all up one after the other, whereas they now do tick down.
When only hitting a single target, the only possible difference from that change between the two is how long after you finish attacking that target the leech continues for. In the AoE case, it's possible to get more 'gaps' now if you don't leech enough from the hardest-hit target to last until your next damage.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
When only hitting a single target, the only possible difference from that change between the two is how long after you finish attacking that target the leech continues for. In the AoE case, it's possible to get more 'gaps' now if you don't leech enough from the hardest-hit target to last until your next damage.

I'm kinda curious if you are considering that an issue? You know, sequential hit skills leeching better than 'all at once' skills?

While on that, do you think it's an issue that such skills are also much better for triggering CoC?

Are these two considered an advantage at all? Does it warrant some kind of penalty, another kind of rework, or everything is just fine&dandy?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 31, 2014, 3:14:35 AM
"
I'm kinda curious if you are considering that an issue? You know, sequential hit skills leeching better than 'all at once' skills?

While on that, do you think it's an issue that such skills are also much better for triggering CoC?

Are these two considered an advantage at all? Does it warrant some kind of penalty, another kind of rework, or everything is just fine&dandy?

I would just like to point out on this subject, that aoe skills are screen sweepers and enable fast clear speed and good xp farming. While the single target fast hitters like you call them already have an inherent downside. As in not being able to screenclear instantly and xp a lot slower.

All i see with this change is a reduction from the clear speed of AOE nukes, because now you must be paying attention and watch the map, adjust your playstyle a bit more to take reflect nukes etc. Even with this, there clearspeed will always be far superior then single fast hitters and that should count for something in a farm/xp grind game imo.

Just saying, i think it's pretty balanced now on a macro scale.
"
Boem wrote:
I would just like to point out on this subject, that aoe skills are screen sweepers and enable fast clear speed and good xp farming. While the single target fast hitters like you call them already have an inherent downside. As in not being able to screenclear instantly and xp a lot slower.

I wasn't referring to single-hit skills at all.
'Sequential hitters' are ground slam, cyclone, spectral throw...
'All at once' are cleave, reave, sweep, splashed skills...

Single-hit vs multihit balance is pretty much fine as it is. Although an old, romantic rpg fan in me finds those times when attack meant single target and spells were the only way to go for area damage a thing to miss.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 31, 2014, 7:41:37 AM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
keyarchan wrote:
With the change however, you only leech the strongest one of all hits, in this case 8% of 2200(176), which you'd leech in 0.22 seconds. After that you get nothing until you attack again, meaning you'd get 624 less life than before the change.

This is correct right?

no, this is not correct.

it picks the strongest leech RATE, not the longest duration. this is relevant if you are getting leech from different forms (eg life leech gem with quality - it has a higher leech rate)

if all the leech rates are the same, and you hit a bunch of simultaneous hits, which one is active (affecting you) is random

it could just as easily have been the 1600 hit instead of the 2200.

Oh, ok. Though if it leeched from a smaller hit first, after it's finished it would still get the rest from the larger hits, making it leech from a total of 2200 damage. So technically it's still the same, right?
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
"
I wasn't referring to single-hit skills at all.
'Sequential hitters' are ground slam, cyclone, spectral throw...
'All at once' are cleave, reave, sweep, splashed skills...

Single-hit vs multihit balance is pretty much fine as it is. Although an old, romantic rpg fan in me finds those times when attack meant single target and spells were the only way to go for area damage a thing to miss.

Apologies, my mistake :).
"
keyarchan wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:
"
keyarchan wrote:
With the change however, you only leech the strongest one of all hits, in this case 8% of 2200(176), which you'd leech in 0.22 seconds. After that you get nothing until you attack again, meaning you'd get 624 less life than before the change.

This is correct right?

no, this is not correct.

it picks the strongest leech RATE, not the longest duration. this is relevant if you are getting leech from different forms (eg life leech gem with quality - it has a higher leech rate)

if all the leech rates are the same, and you hit a bunch of simultaneous hits, which one is active (affecting you) is random

it could just as easily have been the 1600 hit instead of the 2200.

Oh, ok. Though if it leeched from a smaller hit first, after it's finished it would still get the rest from the larger hits, making it leech from a total of 2200 damage. So technically it's still the same, right?
Correct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info