Leech: GGG clarify please!

Thanks for that - I knew how VP works against reflect but never connected the dots. It's only logical that the same mechanics will apply with the new leech.
"
JohnWeps wrote:
Simultaneous hits may not exist from a game logic standpoint.

Actually, they do exist from the game logic standpoint, RoA that you mentioned is a really obvious example, I was referring to the game mechanics.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
That's what I was referring to when using the term "game logic". Sorry if I misused it.
"
JohnWeps wrote:
That's what I was referring to when using the term "game logic". Sorry if I misused it.

Well, both terms are kinda nonsensical if you think about it, so there's no right or wrong here :)

Anyway, the point was everything has a sequence in PoE, and in other games probably, game rules can either respect that sequence or ignore it, in PoE it's respected whenever it makes any difference.

Last edited by raics on Mar 5, 2014, 10:05:47 AM
"
shroudb wrote:

Same thing that happened before with VP (and the reason why crit builds used it to combat reflect):

An aoe with vp hits 10mobs

Engine checks damage on the mob1
Engine reflects damage from mob1
Vp heals you from damage done from this mob

Engine checks damage on mob2
Reflects
Leeches

Mob3

Etcetcetc.

If they mob doesn't have reflect just remove it from the process, that means that with vp you will heal for every moib hit.

im afraid its not as easy as that.

They said they changed the way leech works. What if they use the same formular for normal leech and instant leech and just scale for example "Life Leech rate" to an infinite amount for someone who takes Vaal Pact?
This way when the normal leech Formular changes, the Vaal Pact Formular would change too because they are the same Formulars.
I dont know much about programming but i think using one formular and just scale one variable to a very high amount(when someone takes vp) makes it much more uncomplex(dont know a better word here^^).
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
"
Sobeck wrote:
im afraid its not as easy as that.

They said they changed the way leech works. What if they use the same formular for normal leech and instant leech and just scale for example "Life Leech rate" to an infinite amount for someone who takes Vaal Pact?

I'm afraid it is, leech becomes instant, leech rate ceases to exist, 'leech' becomes 'on hit'.

If it wasn't the case, quality on life leech gem wouldn't be useless with VP, it would boost the amount of life you get.

"
raics wrote:

I'm afraid it is, leech becomes instant, leech rate ceases to exist, 'leech' becomes 'on hit'.

If it wasn't the case, quality on life leech gem wouldn't be useless with VP, it would boost the amount of life you get.

in my example leech rate on quality leech gem would be useless because with vaal pact your leech rate is infinite(or extremly high) anyways.

but taking vaal pact could realy turn leech into life on hit and then it uses life on hit mechanics. If thats true the changes to how leech works would only affect normal leech and not instant leech.

well now that the patch is near we dont need a clarification from mark anymore because something like this can easily be testet^^
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
Ummm...Mark...

Was the same mechanical change for life leech also applied to MANA leech? I ask because I seem to be leeching insufficient MANA now.
I would assume so. The patch notes just mention leech, not life leech specifically, so I guess it's the same for life and mana.
"
Nemmerle wrote:
Ummm...Mark...

Was the same mechanical change for life leech also applied to MANA leech? I ask because I seem to be leeching insufficient MANA now.
There was a mechanical change to leech, the mechanic, not specifically to only life leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info