Leech: GGG clarify please!

"
abbarnes wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
There's no such thing and never has been. There is not a "cap" on leech rate, just a set rate.
All leech, always, happens at the leech rate (20% of max life per second unless you use the quality gem). That's not a cap that has to be reached, all leech is that fast, and cannot be slower*. The only thing that changes based on the size of the hit is the duration for which that leech lasts.

If the quality gem is not in play, all leech effects are at the same rate, and thus all have the same "strength". It's completely arbitrary which one is active at any given point, and there's no way it could possibly make any difference which one is active.

*outside of map mods that reduce recovery speed.
So if you have a Level 20, 20% quality LL gem on a skill and another 5% leech from gear/tree, does that mean only the 8.8% from the gem will apply since that is the strongest? Or was your hypothetical about using 2 different skills, one with a LL gem and one without?

The % of damage leeched as life from different sources (gem/gear/tree) add together and determines the total health you will leech for EACH hit.

Then that % of damage FROM EACH HIT is turned into a heal over time. The duration of the HoT is set such that you heal a certain % of your total health over time. The base for that is 20% of max life per second. @20q that becomes 30%.

The "strongest" that he referred to is talking about the individual HoTs that you get from multiple attacks. I.e. when you hit again before the HOT from your last leech runs out.

Was already clarified if this priority system works with the remaining HoT value or with the initial total HoT value?

Meaning that if your next hit gives you more leech than is left on the previous hit the new leech takes over.?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Mar 5, 2014, 2:38:42 AM
Thanks, Mark. Cheers.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
So what does this mean for Cyclone ?!?!
"
The base for that is 20% of max life per second. @20q that becomes 30%.

Not 24%? 20*1.2=24, no?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Mar 5, 2014, 3:01:10 AM
Ignoring critical strikes and many other variables...

If I have 2,000 life, the rate of my life leech is 400 life per second.

If I have 2,000 pdps and 10% life leech, the strength of my life leech is 200 life.

With an instant leech mod (i.e., Bloodseeker), I'd leech 200 life per attack.

Without an instant leech mod, I'd leech 200 life per 0.5 seconds (200 life at 400 life per second).

With the new Vaal Pact, I'd leech 80 life per attack.

Right?
Last edited by fireundubh on Mar 5, 2014, 3:37:22 AM
"
Adraeus wrote:
Ignoring critical strikes and many other variables...

If I have 2,000 life, the rate of my life leech is 400 life per second.

If I have 2,000 pdps and 10% life leech, the strength of my life leech is 200 life.

With an instant leech mod (i.e., Bloodseeker), I'd leech 200 life per attack.

Without an instant leech mod, I'd leech 200 life per 0.5 seconds (200 life at 400 life per second).

With the new Vaal Pact, I'd leech 160 life per attack.

Right?

200*0,4= 80 HP leeched/attack/mob hit with new vaal pact.

Apart from that yes.

"
shroudb wrote:
200*0,4= 80 HP leeched/attack/mob hit with new vaal pact.

I knew I was forgetting to update a number. I was originally using 4,000 pdps as an example.

"
shroudb wrote:
Apart from that yes.

Okay, great! I still understand leech after all!
"
RagnarokX wrote:

For cyclone - nothing much, except you won't continue to regenerate 30 seconds after battle ends, it will stop almost immediately.

Builds that attack relatively slow and do a lot of small hits per each attack are probably the only ones significantly affected, builds like chain split arrow or LA, some casters...
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
RagnarokX wrote:

For cyclone - nothing much, except you won't continue to regenerate 30 seconds after battle ends, it will stop almost immediately.

Builds that attack relatively slow and do a lot of small hits per each attack are probably the only ones significantly affected, builds like chain split arrow or LA, some casters...

IMHO the change was exactly because even builds with lots of small hits prefered LL over life gain on hit, which was slightly counter intuitive. So now I guess we will see much more use of the life gain on hit gem...
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
Sony_Black wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
RagnarokX wrote:

IMHO the change was exactly because even builds with lots of small hits prefered LL over life gain on hit, which was slightly counter intuitive. So now I guess we will see much more use of the life gain on hit gem...

what about caster tho

Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info