Path of Desync?

"
Dan_GGG wrote:

Hi Boatsniper,

My response wasn't intended to rule out the possibility that the death was solely due to desync or to blame Nightstone13 for what happened. My apologies if that didn't come across - It's hard to know what's happening just from a report, and so I was interested to find out if there was something going on that we could help with.

I often see players with connection issues assume that the symptoms of packet loss or high latency are caused by or related to desync, and are therefore impossible to alleviate. Again, I can't say if that's happening here or not - I only have the report to go by.

Technically, the player is perpetually in a state of desynch, and it will have an effect on every players' death in a minor or major way.

However, he is not only blaming his death on a cause, but also an effect, whose own cause lies in the total dependency of always-online, server-calculated, client-predicted gameplay. This is the actual problem, one whose effects have divided the community and chased players away, and will continue to do so if left as is.

With that said, Nightstone13's issue is not, and will never be, completely his. The game will always receive part or most of the blame due to its server-dependent structure. It is near impossible for the player to trust what the game is showing him/her. What does that tell you about said game on a fundamental level?
I took a few Month off from POE.

Now Desync has changed to the worse for me.

Before the break rarely Desync occured, now Desync happens a lot, in every Run.

My Machine and the Internetconnection hasn`t changed since then.
GGG needs to fix desync badly otherwise it'll rly snap the game's neck sooner or later.

Ppl complain for years now and nothing seem to happen, not even minor progress is noticeable - this is bad. I know that it may be hard, but please hire some coders who can fix such issues.

After all many ppl are supporting the game and the team by buying cosmetic stuff (I spent around 500$ till now cause I love this game) and if nothing happens (soon) I'll just stop supporting you at a certain point.

So I rly hope that things will get better even I arranged myself playing with desync.

This game is based on quick reactions and tactics - desync is ruining both of this.
IGN Soultakerr
Last edited by maikanafufaika on Jul 29, 2014, 6:44:49 PM
Question to devs: what is your UPDATED opinion on any suggestions users have made lately? This one, for example: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2c1n3x/indepth_look_at_how_tickrates_can_help_poe/
Or if this has already been addressed, could someone let me know.

As a side note, I'm very concerned about the growing number of players who're "fine" with desync. Please don't be. It's a problem that must be addressed, no matter what it takes. I'm pretty sure even if GGG had to close all servers for a month to fix this, no one would have been very upset about it, and many former fans would have returned right after.
Players should be able to play micro-intensive precision-based builds, otherwise the entire game philosophy goes down the drain. In D2 even on hardcore ladder you would see people play all kinds of jumping-teleporting-frenzyrunning characters and no desync issues ever happened — sure it lagspiked, but the life/DR buffer was enough for that. And I believe that PoE is a better game than D2, mechanics-wise — but what's the point, if technical issues overshadow all this?
Last edited by atrokkus on Jul 30, 2014, 2:47:05 PM
I really hope they fix this, I was playing seriously on HC with lvl 80+ doing maps and I lost over 4 characters all to desync. The twitch numbers for poe have went down the toilet, no one wants to work on a character for months+ in front of a crowd and just die on stream to desync and embarrass themselves, it's literally pointless. I like the programming/networking on diablo 3 but it's not as good as PoE. So what game is there to play? ;-;
I stopped playing this game because of it. I've just came to forum to read a bit about incoming changes and such, and just realized that nothing have changed.

Desync not only cause deaths and anger because of exp lose, but is so immersion braking that I asked myself so many times why do I need that?!

I understand that this game is offering insane pleasure to theorycrafters, but I just also want to enjoy in gameplay element as much. For me desync is to big joy killer.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Boatsniper wrote:
I'm laughing angrily right now.

You just made it look like desynch was his problem.

Hi Boatsniper,

My response wasn't intended to rule out the possibility that the death was solely due to desync or to blame Nightstone13 for what happened. My apologies if that didn't come across - It's hard to know what's happening just from a report, and so I was interested to find out if there was something going on that we could help with.

I often see players with connection issues assume that the symptoms of packet loss or high latency are caused by or related to desync, and are therefore impossible to alleviate. Again, I can't say if that's happening here or not - I only have the report to go by.

Yep, that sounds like the mentality of GGG on most issues, quite honestly. A hint of blame on the player with a degree of sympathy to hide the fact that they're propagating the issue isn't with the game.

Is this getting fixed anytime soon?
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
please fix it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info