Path Of Exile vs, Diablo 3

you sound like a sad little duck whos mother was taken away but the mother is a D3 ah man now i am depressed:P
Hello, i'm new here, so i don't have extensive experience playing PoE. I've been playing D2 for 10 years, still have some accounts and i play regularly. I played D1 aswell. Well, in my opinion, D3 is not a "real" Diablo...the atmosphere and the mechanics aresimply off, the game plays too slow, it's not really skill based, like D2pvp is ( assuming all godly gear)...The thing i like about PoE is the custumization, the feel of the game...they even got the menus and inventory right. I really hope there's no problem with Blizzard, because this game really hits near the Diablo formula.
hey me too!!

i know what u mean i have played D2 quite long myself. New dev kinda screwed up the game i dunno but i feel more of playng wow than D3. But when i play torchlight 2 strange but it reminds quite alot of D2 and would have been a better D3 if it was designed by the original one who created D2.
"
Yufool wrote:
hey me too!!

i know what u mean i have played D2 quite long myself. New dev kinda screwed up the game i dunno but i feel more of playng wow than D3. But when i play torchlight 2 strange but it reminds quite alot of D2 and would have been a better D3 if it was designed by the original one who created D2.

I agree. Only complain so far, is that the combar feels a little stiff, the animations on the chars look like the lack some wight you know?? Wen i hit a mob i like to see some BOOM behind it, here sometimes it looks like you're petting themwith a sword :D Love the passive skill tree tough, reminds me of Final Fantasy X.
PoE is ok, not a bad game
the crafting system and the skillgemsystem are nice

the problem with PoE is, there is no action and the atmosphere...man tbh thats boring second hand shit, i played pretty much all ARPGs since D1(its my favourite genre) and PoE is one of the worst games in this genre
act1 is boring as solitär, in the butcher room with the blood trail it start to get better, sloooowly....
the chars even dont have unique skills like vault or warcry, but everyone is skilling totems...wow

so yeah even after 1k+ hours D3 HC+SC, D3 is still way better, way more action, better atmosphere (yeah maghda and female dia suck) better trading system (besides the fucking rmah)
better feeling, skills that look like they deal damage man i love bears and cluster bombs or stuff like locust swarm that only leaves bones behind, exploding mobs... its a massaker
act1,2+4 just needs more mobs

and if ure not a retard there are more than 2 builds per class,way more

installing titan quest now :)

yes the visuals and the fighting feeling is maybe better in d3 but the core, the basic, the class builds, the loot, the crafting....better, not limited. no gold spammer, no gold at all!!! u have to trade stuff.
if i find a unique its the best feeling...like in d2. and GGG is still working on the game
As someone who has played quite a few of these types of games, and as a Diablo fan going all the way back. (I can remember late weekend nights in 8th Grade, trying to survive in Hell!) Path of Exile is exciting in that it brings back the motivation to play just a little longer to see what's on the edge of the map. Diablo 3 on the other hand feels much more like a modern version of Galaxia personally. I followed it's development from the beginning, and grew more and more disappointed with each announcement as more and more interested features were removed, this heavily limiting customization options.

I enjoy Path of Exile far more because of the incredible variety of customization possible.
"
GhostlightX wrote:
"
Softwerker wrote:
PoE has only less than 300.000 members while beeing F2P. It reached barely 12.000 played hours at max and this amount is already almost halfed by now. It has now less played hours than Diablo III which is almost one year old.

Where did you get this information? Thanks.
#

The ammount of people who bother with d3 is pitiful if you consider they sold over 10 million copies. I do not think D3 is a bad game persoanlly, pretty average, but boy o boy are Blizzard living off their old titles such as sc1 and wc3 to still get huge sales.
I do not understand why people think the graphics in PoE are bad...sure thy aren't going to be as good as a tens of million dollar to produce title...however...I personally think the end of Act 3 is creepy as all get out and quite well done. And I do indeed prefer the grittier elements.

D3 looks more sleepy hollow creepy. PoE looks more like flat out horror creepy...especially right before you get to Piety.
End game is better then in D3? how u can say that? u not even 100 lvl.
When u got 100 lvl char, come tell what is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info