Path Of Exile vs, Diablo 3

The only thing good about Diablo 3 are the cut scenes. Graphics are cartoony garbage and I quickly turned off the background music (which got annoying very quickly). I have nothing more to say on this $60 p2w open beta.
1) The items in Diablo 3 were bad.

2) The timers on skills and potions were bad.

3) The downtime from patches was bad.

4) The overnerfing of builds and skills was bad. I had to restart 3 times because the Blizzard forums convinced the New Blizzard to go nerf crazy.
<fakehtmltag id="personalOpinion">
Diablo 3 is inferior to Path of Exile, of course ;)

PoE is everything hardcore D1/D2 fans wanted in D3.
</fakehtmltag>
FAQ: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
GGG Posttracker: http://www.gggtracker.com/
Last edited by FSM on Feb 6, 2013, 11:41:27 AM
"
ishikabe1 wrote:
1)

4) The overnerfing of builds and skills was bad. I had to restart 3 times because the Blizzard forums convinced the New Blizzard to go nerf crazy.

Were you playing a demonhunter by any chance?
If diablo 3 wasn't called diablo 3 I would've loved it and thought it was great. It was not, however, the diablo 3 we wanted. Path of exile pretty much is that game. It's still got a ways to go before I could say PoE is absolutely "better", but it's still open beta and is very much going in the right direction.
For me what made the difference is the loot system and build possibilities. In D3 the loot system is garbage, good items are so rare that it's not worth grinding for them for a regular player like myself. A godly item is a dream. Here if I get a decent item with bad stats I can reroll them until I get what I want.

I enjoyed D3 and I don't regret my purchase, I put around 100 hours into it but I'm enjoying PoE way more.
"
Softwerker wrote:
PoE has only less than 300.000 members while beeing F2P. It reached barely 12.000 played hours at max and this amount is already almost halfed by now. It has now less played hours than Diablo III which is almost one year old.

Where did you get this information? Thanks.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
I like what diablo 3 did it but i hate that it is a diablo series if it would have been a WOW arpg then i would have no proplems but its a diablo game and the main dev literally said to the diablo 2 dev "Fuck that loser" so yeah i dont like it anymore very much because diablo 2 is still being played and it was hard and good and no drm.:D
I tried playing D3 again today... just couldn't get into it at all. Only reason I kept playing was to get my Barbarian to the Skeleton King because I had 5 NV stacks (if I didn't have the stacks, I would of quit a long time ago).

There just seems like no real reason to continue playing... I have 3 level 60's, but even if I go out and grind like crazy to get gear, what's the point?
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info