Path Of Exile vs, Diablo 3

Normally I do not post in threads like this but was compelled to do so for a variety of reasons.

I was (and still am) a devotee to the Diablo series. That is to say the story, background and so on and continue to be an avid player of D2 back - Hellfire, D1 ect.......

I bought D3, great story, excellent cut scenes and alot of hype. I was a diehard fan waiting for D3's release.

I've been playing D3 since it hit the streets. I PLAY it, not WORK it, theres a difference.

D3 was a complete shit stain on release. D3 is NOTHING like D2 back and it shouldn't be, it's D3 and should stand alone.

The Diablo series is the ultimate farming arcade game, nothing more.

Since I've started playing PoE, I cannot stop. Great story, no gold system means people have to socialize to trade, do gear or EXP runs.

IMO - PoE is already more pleasing and enjoyable to play than D3 or all of the D series.
These folks are hitting the nail on the head when it comes to a BALANCE of a challenging game, a social game, a gear find game, huge maps....ect...

Seriously (and tell the truth) how many folks before PoE nodded off at the keyboard grinding away at D3 ? That is ALL there is to do with D3 - a dead end game grind...

For me personally there is no comparison, PoE BETA is already Far better.
Sorry Blizz, but when sitting at the keyboard and I ask myself what game do I want to invest time in tonight PoE gets clicked every time even knowing I'll get kicked due to server overload, that should tell you someting.
"
juuuhan wrote:

Diablo 3 have a better story, (I don't really care for Poe story)

No.
Path of Exile is much better no doubt.
It offers more customization.
Better loot.
More content.
Alot more FUN!
What D3 does better: physics engine.

What PoE does better: Everything you need in an ARPG.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Diablo 3 was a good game when it was first released. I really enjoyed the story line and the beautiful cinematics. There were only a few things I disliked about Diablo 3, which was the constant nerfs towards the class, the real life money auction house, and the game being incomplete upon launch.

Path of Exile reminds me of Diablo 2 in a lot of ways. I find that Path of Exile is a more modern version of Diablo 2 and brings the same type of thrill and enjoyment that I had with Diablo 2. This game has some great mechanics including the passive skill tree which allows us full customization of our characters and literally thousands of possibilities of character builds. The skill system isn't all that bad either. It allows players to build hybrid characters and make their gameplay experience that much more enjoyable. To think that a game like this was in development for 6 years without seeing the light of day until a year or two ago. The developers did an outstanding job in the production of this game.
"
inadversity wrote:
i personally think that patch of exile will benefit from an auction house

or something like when you die in hc you can buy a micro transaction which makes you rez from hc and keep going

maybe even like micro transaction a regal orb for coins

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&tbo=d&biw=640&bih=134&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=grumpy+cat+meme+no&oq=grumpy+cat+meme+no&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.12..0.7109.8113.0.9589.3.2.0.1.1.0.427.697.2-1j0j1.2.0...0.0...1ac.1.2.mobile-gws-serp.061wBaR9twc#p=
Last edited by harrycore on Feb 2, 2013, 3:02:25 PM
I think both are pretty fun. PoE just keeps me interested for way longer.
A shining beacon of light when unique items drop on the floor ... thats pretty much all Diablo 3 has on Path of Exile right now xD (sorry its the one thing i miss most from D3)

Well ok, so end-of-act cinematics and better graphics too, but neither of those things make an Action RPG great and replayable.

Im just amazed at how much content there is in PoE already, and to think they are going to continuously add more, pretty much forever... this game will own soon enough :)
Path of Exile > Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > torchlight 2 > MMO My Little Pony > Diablo 3.

Nothing else to say.
Path of Exile > Diablo II > TorchLight 2 > Diablo I > Hello Kitty Online > Diablo III
Diablo has some fun combat mechanics, and I like how there is optional lore for the monsters. I like how the Wizard does more than just fire/ice/lighting.

That's about it. The story is terrible, the art style is wonky, the loot is crap, the areas aren't freaking random, there is zero customization (it managed to be WORSE than free respecs), and the auction house.

That damn auction house. The whole game is one elaborate pay 2 win scheme. Screw that.

PoE, on the other hand, is tons of fun. Even in beta, I am having a blast. I fully intend to spend about 20 bucks a month on PoE, cause it is just that damn awesome.

I like Torchlight 2, but I feel cheated that haven't released the mod API that they promised.
Bullshit, you get the game for free.

-Qarl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info