Path Of Exile vs, Diablo 3

"
melonbrew wrote:
"
Zarkin wrote:
"
inadversity wrote:
i personally think that patch of exile will benefit from an auction house

or something like when you die in hc you can buy a micro transaction which makes you rez from hc and keep going

maybe even like micro transaction a regal orb for coins

God no!!!!

AH just ruins a game like this. I am hoping your trolling lol

D3 is just an example. Everything became about farming gold and next to no interaction with other players
D3 is what it is - not a real D3. They should just rename it and restart the real D3.

Besides having 3 acts to me the game are nothing alike. D3 can't even compare or begin to get close to what PoE offers.

I prefer PoE but there is absolutely nothing wrong with liking either game. It's just a game and people that like D3, have their reasons and should not be ashamed for it.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

D3 = Fast Food
PoE = good menu

I like both...but fast food becomes odd very fast. Thought it would be better for my body to eat some valuable meal..
D3 is not even a game.
i made a few hundred bucks out of it.
With PoE I had moments of recognition. Moments in which I experienced a mild degree of the anxiety and "fear" when playing Diablo 2 at night when much younger. The only familiarity I had with D3 was the music score.

-Path of Exile's normal mode has made me run away from mobs more often then Diablo 3's Inferno.
-Although the graphics quality is less then D3 it is far better in the atmosphere and vibe it provides. In my opinion that trade off is worth it.
-The crafting in PoE is worth using. Even if you have a white item with nice base stats it can be worth turning it into a magic/rare item. Useless slots and stats can be re-made with the right orbs. So the chance of having useful loot is greater and more rewarding. Compare that with D3's shallow gem crafting and making gear only for leveling purposes you're pretty much done.
-Although both games give basic stats when leveling up there is a big difference in character customization. In D3 everybody wants that BiS item which causes everybody to look the same. They all want the "perfect" OP build so everybody plays the same skill routine on their characters. In PoE I've played with several other people and they were all duelists like myself. We all looked different, because some used evasion leather or metal armor etc. Our used skills were different, even among melee. Although others were rangers or spellcasters to boot. There are more loot choices that actually make you look and play different from each other. It will be worth re-playing and trying different fun builds.
-The bosses are more old-school. Nothing special really. Basic few spells that get repeated, but they hit hard and actually threaten your life. In D3 it is face tank and spank time. Even with mechanics on Azmodan where the next pool forms every 7th second it still sucks. Also the pace of the bosses is higher which reduces the time to recover your health fully.
-Flasks are awesome. They refill and have added effects such as faster recovery, extra run speed, extra evasion for x seconds etc. In Diablo you had potions, but were never used. The blood orbs to re-fill health and some skill each class had basically took care of what you did need.
-Rewarded feel upon leveling? Diablo 3 had that in the form of big flashy graphics which was nice. In the sense of loot, stats or the occasional unlocking of a skill was disappointing. Leveling up in PoE doesn't feel rewarding either. Another point to spend in a +10 stat while slowly making your way to that one strong passive. The reward of seeing the message that your gem, and thus the skill, leveled up gives the most rewarding feeling. Still it isn't all that great either.
-Economy in PoE can never inflate. It is stable, solid and old fashioned in the sense of promoting social interaction to trade. Let alone reach ridiculous inflation amounts such as D3. That was just ridiculous.
-Community in PoE so far gives a far more mature impression. The developers communicate the issues well with the community which provides a lot of understanding both ways. So less whining and crying when things go wrong. Less self-entitled obnoxious little brats at PoE thusfar. And because this is not a casual friendly game, so the speak, it'll weed out those kind of folk by itself.
-Lore is old school in PoE. Some nice NPC's with info. But no long snippets of text. More like Deckard Cain in D2 providing only that what is needed to set the mood and provide basic needed info. Rest is optional. D3 basically flooded you with long texts that said nothing, lore books, beast books and what not. Their method of story telling was counter productive to this genre basically. PoE sticks with the old tried and true recipe and scores.
-Music in Diablo 3 is better in most cases.
Last edited by Gibly on Jan 28, 2013, 8:58:17 AM
This game is really not that different from Diablo 3...
I would actually give Diablo 3 the edge in most areas sadly. However, this game completely destroys D3 in the character customization area which makes me give the overall edge to PoE so far.

What this game currently needs...
1. A way to check out other people's gear
2. Maybe I just don't know a quick way to chat to friends, but so far its been torture trying to communicate with the current system. If I'm missing something that makes messaging all my friends at once or other tips someone please let me know...
3. Set items... The drop rate for uniques seems as low if not lower than Diablo 3. This is absolutely brutal for people who cant play very much. However, the fact that rares do not drop like candy is great. It makes them actually worth something unlike D3...
4. Improved mini-map. The current minimap is awful. It is the absolute worst thing with this game... Is there a way to hide it in a corner or something? Really, anything would be an improvement.
5. Drop rate information! I loved knowing that certain monsters/bosses had a better chance to drop certain items in D2.

What this game is awesome at:
1. It's hard enough to keep me interested.
2. Your choices with your character matter a LOT
3. Orbs have solid purpose and value
4. I have to actually think when I set up my skill gems and armor.
5. The stats shown for each skill are AWESOME! So many games need this!

There's more stuff I can list im sure... I'm currently halfway through the game and would like to make end-game by the superbowl next weekend. I'm really excited to see what the future content/improvements are for this game.
Cheers
Lawl @ Diablo 3 having a better story. I think anything has a better story than Diablo 3 at this point.
I can't be true and say PoE is better than D3 after playing a bit more than 8 hours.

I played D3 for over 100 hours and the first 20 were pure fun and satisfaction.
After the 50th or something, things start becoming clear and the flaws showed up and consumed my fun to the end. Just then I realised D3 wasn't making a D2 Player happy.

I tryied TL2 (loved TL1), but got tired of the graphic too quickly (I haven't even finished the game yet)

Now, PoE shows up with the graphics the way I like. A nice skills concept. A good combat dynamic (not as dynamic as D3, but not low paced at all). Classic Mana. A nice potion system. A great system to make every item usable with the Orb, making even Whites worthy. No gold but bartering.

Well... it has a lot of things that pleasant me.
And D3 is actually making me angry and unsafistied.

So, here is a huge space for PoE steal my Diablo heart.
I'm all open to it

:)
PoE - Arpg

Diablo 3 - Arcade

lol well said, ive played almost every argp going right back to NoX, there is no competition path of exile wins hands down and to top it off.... PoE is not even a complete game yet.
i prefer POE more realistic,cheaper

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info