Path Of Exile vs, Diablo 3

Tyrael is a whiny bitch
Deckard Cain killed by a butterfly
and his grand daughter is Diablo

Yeah! Great story there.
to the topic, i personallu like diablo3 bit more than POE becouse POE have few buggs still in-game but i think POE will be much better game than D3 someday :)
"
Suolasissi wrote:
to the topic, i personallu like diablo3 bit more than POE becouse POE have few buggs still in-game

The whole Diablo 3 is one huge bug.

Cooldown on life potions? This is the dumbest idea I've ever seen
"
dima_dunedin wrote:
"
Suolasissi wrote:
to the topic, i personallu like diablo3 bit more than POE becouse POE have few buggs still in-game

The whole Diablo 3 is one huge bug.

Cooldown on life potions? This is the dumbest idea I've ever seen

Actually the way life potions work in combination with life orbs is one of the few things that make sense....
"
Asphael wrote:

Actually the way life potions work in combination with life orbs is one of the few things that make sense....

So you think life potions restoring 20% of my HPs with 30 seconds cooldown make any sense?

Consider rare monsters near one shooting me?
"
dima_dunedin wrote:
"
Asphael wrote:

So you think life potions restoring 20% of my HPs with 30 seconds cooldown make any sense?

Yeah, it makes perfect sense. You just have to drop your preconcieved notion about what potions are supposed to do.

If you are a closeminded fool, comming from D2 to D3 you will hate it. But if you have an open mind then you may actually enjoy it.
"
dima_dunedin wrote:
"
Asphael wrote:

Actually there is an item mod increasing the health regenerated. And you have to see that the way Diablo 2 did it was not good, it had to change.
All in all I wouldn't mind reducing the CD to 20 seconds or something similiar, but the design idea of CD potions for emergencies and health globe drops to keep yourself in combat is better than spamming health potions.
I am a very open-minded person,
I came from DII,
and I hate DIII.
"
Asphael wrote:
And you have to see that the way Diablo 2 did it was not good, it had to change.

Spaming potions is myth. It won't save you in D2
"
dima_dunedin wrote:
"
Asphael wrote:
And you have to see that the way Diablo 2 did it was not good, it had to change.

Spaming potions is myth. It won't save you in D2

Life regen over time =/= instant health restoration.

That's why there is a CD. If there was no CD, all people would do is have a full inventory of pots, macro every key to also use a potion, never die. That sure sounds fun.

I don't see how what D2 did was bad, PoE's system is not too far off (potions regen over time, and there is a limited amount of use, just like D2, could only have a few potions in your belt). Granted you can have instant restoration pots in PoE, but not many, and at a much reduced rate (always good to have 1 on hand though).

(comment directed at dima, not you asphael)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info