Path Of Exile vs, Diablo 3

"
Things that are better about Diablo 3: Pretty much everything on a technical level. Better netcode (oh god, the desync), better graphics, fewer bugs.

What the hell?

Better graphics?

So you mean a Walt Disney style cartoon graphics is better than POEs darker, gritty, gorey style of graphics?

D3 is not even an ARPG.

"
Things that are better about Diablo 3: Pretty much everything on a technical level. Better netcode (oh god, the desync), better graphics, fewer bugs.

Better netcode? Maybe, but I keep hearing from a lot of people that rubberbanding is quite common in D3. Better graphics? If you enjoy WoW graphics, sure why not. Can't comment on the fewer bugs, didn't count them :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Daxtreme wrote:
"
Softwerker wrote:
There is no answer to "which game is better" because it depends on your personal taste.

There are only two questions that you can answer:

1.) Which one do I like more?
2.) Which one was more successfull?

If you expected a Diablo 2.5 - then you might like PoE more than Diablo 3. I personally just want an ARP to sink in a couple of hours per day and have fun killing dozens of monsters. And thats why I like D3 more than PoE. I don't want want to spend more time in the town or on the skilltree than in the game itself.

The second question is pretty easy to answer.

D3 was selling for more than 6.3 million times in the first week. With a price of 60 bucks. In the first month D3 has topped every other game on Xfire with about 180.000 hours of played time. Since then, D3 was permanently in the top 10 of the most played games on Xfire.

PoE has only less than 300.000 members while beeing F2P. It reached barely 12.000 played hours at max and this amount is already almost halfed by now. It has now less played hours than Diablo III which is almost one year old.

Nobody cares about commercial success bro. It's like saying Justin Bieber is better than most musical artists because he sold more copies. We all know Bieber is trash, Your argument is worthless.

So trashtalking D3 is fair, but doing the opposite is Advertising?

Okey... Let me ask you then this.

How is standing around spamming in a tiny chat WTSWTSWTSWTS is fun. How does that makes for a fun game experience?

You all say "BLAH AH+RMAH BROKE D3 AND PPL CAN PAY 2 WIN"

How is any1 on earth can pay 2 win in a freakin action game? How does XYs items and what he bought affect your gameplay?

Oh right... now comes the "BUT AH BROKEN D3 ITEMIZATION" that you all yell like sheeps.

How is PoEs better? Everything is just as random as in D3.

I'm not trashtalking PoE. As you see i took and still take my part in Supporting GGG.

But trashtalking a game for no REAL reason is just plain retarded.

We all know about That Certain FORUM which PoE users use also. Not different from RMAH. 70% of the items advertised on the forums there are also advertised on that forum also.

Also, PoEs "END GAME SO MUCH BETTER". What end game? Maps? Just random areas created from already existing areas filled with the same mobs...

I play both games Regularly. I can't give a shit who uses the RMAH.
Last edited by Sikab on Apr 11, 2013, 2:31:20 PM
"
Vooodu wrote:
"

What the hell?

Better graphics?

So you mean a Walt Disney style cartoon graphics is better than POEs darker, gritty, gorey style of graphics?

D3 is not even an ARPG.

D3 is not even an ARPG... yet people say its an ARPG... thats why we have been trash talking it. Calling D3 an ARPG makes me sick.

D3 should not even be compared to PoE (Thats how much of a lie D3 is.)... PoE should be compared to D2... D3 should be compared to... some action game of some sort.

But of course we would compare D3 to PoE since D3 is the sequel to D2... the thing is just that D3 IS NOT SIMILAR TO D2!!... at least not as much as PoE is compared to D2.

D3 and PoE are not very similar games at all. (But we expected them to be.)

PoE is therefore the true Diablo 2 sequel... There is no way you can say that this is wrong...

Even if you think PoE is the biggest pile of shit you have ever played... it is still the real Diablo 2 sequel. D3 is not because it is not similar to PoE or D2 in any way... it has nothing to do with me hating D3 at all.

Sure I could go make a list of why I dont like D3... I have done that plenty of times... But it doesnt realy show the point... The reason I write this list is that I find stuff that are missing from either D2 or PoE (Which is stuff that you would expect in a Diablo game.)

So if you are a D3 player who hates PoE.. you would write a list of things that are shitty in PoE and are missing from D3... The problem is that people are forgetting Diablo 2, and how Diablo 2 is more like PoE. A D3 player who thinks D3 is a good a sequel to D2 doesnt really have a good reason for saying this.

Releasing D3 soo late proved to be a smart dirty-blizz move if you see it this way... People simply forgot D2 because it is that old... And then people are like... Well D3 is how Diablo games have allways been like... WELL THATS WRONG!!! In fact it cant even be more wrong than this.

I see good reason to why PoE is hitted so hard by D3 HATE AND SPAAAM as it has been... So much that people even maked threads like: "Why are people hating so bad on D3?" or something like that. The forums mods have even given up to stop it in a certain degree.

If you + this with Jay Wilson it goes even more crazy...

I remmember someone who said something like: Starting a D3 vs PoE thread is like annoying a Grizzly Bear with a big stick or something like that... Well that is pretty damn true. (And for a good reason.) Its prob. the most dangerous explosive you can use on the PoE forums. Brother Laz even admitted that "We had a ton of players who got SICK of D3 and went to play our game"... When Brother Laz can say this its pretty obivious that quite alot of people have gotten quite a bit angry over D3... And that is to put it nicely...And its hard to put this nicely.

And one more thing for PoE haters: This is not a Diablo 2 "clone" This is an IMPROVEMENT of Diablo 2... you know the word Improvement dont you?... it doesnt mean: CHANGE ALL SHIT SOO THAT IS DIFFERENT IN 2834723482374238 WAYS AND IS NOTHING SIMILAR TO PREVIOUS GAME!fdgdfgDRFS89GFJSD8FDSF (Crazy and clueless mode.). It means: We look at the systems from the old game and try to IMPROVE THEM. (Chris Wilson pro mode.)

You dont Trash or dumb them the £${@ down. This is not how you improve on a sequel.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Better netcode? Maybe, but I keep hearing from a lot of people that rubberbanding is quite common in D3.

Rubberbanding does happen when the servers are under heavy load in D3, but if you've ever played melee in path of exile and in D3, you know that the occasional rubberbanding can't even come close to the constant and incredibly irritating desync issues in PoE. Missing half the time when you have resolute technique is a serious fucking problem.

"
Better graphics? If you enjoy WoW graphics, sure why not.

That's art, not graphics. Related but distinct. I like the art in A3 of PoE a lot, I'd say it is better than D3's. A1 and A2 has pretty bland art, and I like D3's better. I'm particularly thinking of Solaris and Lunaris temples as high points art wise.

"
Can't comment on the fewer bugs, didn't count them :P

Well in PoE's defense, it is technically still in beta. I'm not sure that really counts when it is public, free to play, and the microtransactions for taking your money are already online. Sounds like a released game that's just called beta.
Only thing D3 has on path of exile?........ Pants
D3>poe deal with it bitches
IGN: Seze
"
FIreskull wrote:
"
Vooodu wrote:
"

What the hell?

Better graphics?

D3 is not even an ARPG.

D3 is not even an ARPG... yet people say its an ARPG... thats why we have been trash talking it. Calling D3 an ARPG makes me sick.

D3 should not even be compared to PoE (Thats how much of a lie D3 is.)... PoE should be compared to D2... D3 should be compared to... some action game of some sort.

But of course we would compare D3 to PoE since D3 is the sequel to D2... the thing is just that D3 IS NOT SIMILAR TO D2!!... at least not as much as PoE is compared to D2.

PoE is therefore the true Diablo 2 sequel... There is no way you can say that this is wrong...

Even if you think PoE is the biggest pile of shit you have ever played... it is still the real Diablo 2 sequel. D3 is not because it is not similar to PoE or D2 in any way... it has nothing to do with me hating D3 at all.

Sure I could go make a list of why I dont like D3... I have done that plenty of times... But it doesnt realy show the point... The reason I write this list is that I find stuff that are missing from either D2 or PoE (Which is stuff that you would expect in a Diablo game.)

So if you are a D3 player who hates PoE.. you would write a list of things that are shitty in PoE and are missing from D3... The problem is that people are forgetting Diablo 2, and how Diablo 2 is more like PoE. A D3 player who thinks D3 is a good a sequel to D2 doesnt really have a good reason for saying this.

Releasing D3 soo late proved to be a smart dirty-blizz move if you see it this way... People simply forgot D2 because it is that old... And then people are like... Well D3 is how Diablo games have allways been like... WELL THATS WRONG!!! In fact it cant even be more wrong than this.

I see good reason to why PoE is hitted so hard by D3 HATE AND SPAAAM as it has been... So much that people even maked threads like: "Why are people hating so bad on D3?" or something like that. The forums mods have even given up to stop it in a certain degree.

I remmember someone who said something like: Starting a D3 vs PoE thread is like annoying a Grizzly Bear with a big stick or something like that... Well that is pretty damn true. (And for a good reason.) Its prob. the most dangerous explosive you can use on the PoE forums. Brother Laz even admitted that "We had a ton of players who got SICK of D3 and went to play our game"... When Brother Laz can say this its pretty obivious that quite alot of people have gotten quite a bit angry over D3... And that is to put it nicely...And its hard to put this nicely.

And one more thing for PoE haters: This is not a Diablo 2 "clone" This is an IMPROVEMENT of Diablo 2... you know the word Improvement dont you?... it doesnt mean: CHANGE ALL SHIT SOO THAT IS DIFFERENT IN 2834723482374238 WAYS AND IS NOTHING SIMILAR TO PREVIOUS GAME!fdgdfgDRFS89GFJSD8FDSF (Crazy and clueless mode.). It means: We look at the systems from the old game and try to IMPROVE THEM. (Chris Wilson pro mode.)

You dont Trash or dumb them the £${@ down. This is not how you improve on a sequel.

THIS was the best calm explanation Ive ever seen in a "Game Vs Game" Forum.
"
FIreskull wrote:
"
Vooodu wrote:
"

What the hell?

Better graphics?

D3 is not even an ARPG.

I know diablo since the first one was released a long ass time ago, When i first bought that game, I was inlove with it. When they made Diablo 2/LoD(Lords Of Destruction), needless to say i fell inlove again. When i heard the rumors that blizzard was going to be releasing Diablo 3, i freaked the fuck out. When i bought the game, and played the first 10 mins of it, i felted betrayed. all that time waiting and the anticipation for a god forsaken pile of shit.

Diablo 3 is a horrible punch line to a horrible joke. From the town of tristram (1stDiablo)to the rogue encampment(diablo2) Diablo 3 failed in every single aspect of the glory of which makes diablo, diablo. The type of gore, the type of creep, the type of depression, sadness and sorrow that diablo gave, we're all taken away in diablo 3.

Like it or not PoE is the rightful squeal to diablo 2,PoE gives that saddness feeling, as if there is no hope, compared to diablo 3 slash the shit out of everything with over the top and overdone graphics. If you disagree, then your a stupid ass troll.
Why is this still going on?
You guys know you can play both or neither right?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info