Path Of Exile vs, Diablo 3

"
Alexdaemon wrote:
Why is this still going on?
insecurity
That misused comma is, killing me.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Can't care less about AH, pay to win and so on, but Diablo 3 is simply not a good game and it never meant to be a good game

Everything screams about cheap development with nobody cares about result: recycling D2 levels, but much smaller, linear and without randomization. Game balance is absent, itemisation is crap, yellow rare champions are not just horrible, they are killing the game. And so on and so on

This is typical Activision crap for 12 years old "show me the money". The game was made by managers, not game designers
Haven't finished the game yet, but so far... I'm Enjoying PoE a lot more. The art style, the soundtrack, the skill system, the fact that it isn't pay to win. A better game overall IMO.
Last edited by coolmodine on Jun 4, 2013, 11:29:16 PM
I'm going to stick my neck out on a limb here and say they are both good. So is Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn and all the other arpg's i have played. Sure, folks are going to have issues with any given game regardless of what it is. Path of exile - complicated, D3 - no skill tree, TL2 - too cartoony.

To be honest it doesn't really matter. here is the be all and end all of the argument. Do you enjoy playing them? If the answer to any game you try is yes then it is a good game.

Stop bashing in every game you try because it is not D2 and just enjoy the flavours of all the ones that have come out since. They all have good points they all have bad points, just sit back and have some fun killing monsters
"
dima_dunedin wrote:
Can't care less about AH, pay to win and so on, but Diablo 3 is simply not a good game and it never meant to be a good game

Everything screams about cheap development with nobody cares about result: recycling D2 levels, but much smaller, linear and without randomization. Game balance is absent, itemisation is crap, yellow rare champions are not just horrible, they are killing the game. And so on and so on

This is typical Activision crap for 12 years old "show me the money". The game was made by managers, not game designers

Not true. What pay to win??? There i can buy gold when i need it. The special effects are great.

Did I mention the pretty special effects?
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
"
C1111 wrote:
PoE > ARPG
D3 > arcade

This pretty much sums it up. Hell it's more fun to level up and gear a character in LoL, HoN or Dota 2 than it is in D3.

D3 negs:

- Skillsystem is just utter crap
- Items are too dull
- No influence on droprates except Monster Power (lol) and Paragonlevel (trololol)
- The "farm spiral" is less fun than it is in PoE (mostly because self-found is an illusion in D3)
- Almost no customization
- No further leveling apart from Paragon which is pretty much useless

D3 "positives":

- Auction House (hold the flames!)
- Combat felt a bit better but GGG will get it done :)
- Story and storytelling in D3 is better in my opinion but for an ARPG it doesn't matter much to me
- Beautiful cutscenes, this is another minor thing which is nice to have but not a gamebreaker

The idea of the auction house is good in my opinion. It makes trading items much easier but it removes the social part. Gone are the hours of crawling through forum posts and spamming in trade chat to find a decent XY item. Flame me all you want but I think some kind of shop system where you can display your things and search for items ingame would be nice but the actual trade should still be done the old way because like 50% of my ingame friends I've met while trading.

For me D3 is broken on such a low level I don't think Blizzard will ever be able to fix it without a full rewrite of everything except maybe combat.
Having all the data, knowledge and input from the D2 community about what kept them playing for so long I and even my girlfriend who doesn't play games but I asked just for fun can't figure out how they could fuck this up.
It's like McDonalds just magically forgot how to make their BigMac even though they got all the ingredients and recepies.
"
Things that are better about Diablo 3: Pretty much everything on a technical level. Better netcode (oh god, the desync), better graphics, fewer bugs.

Blizz is a multi billion dollar corporation. Its natural that they'd have more fluid animations for example. GGG has like 18 people and only 1 guy doing animations I think. But D3 is a limited game, the potential of PoE is so much greater and that's why I decided to stick with PoE despite its flaws - its potential. Better graphics and netcode as you call it will all come with time, but this game has a great design philosophy
Why not just like both games? Which one is best and worst is just a stupid discussion. I played D3 for a while, and it was fun times. I've played PoE for a while, and it's enjoyable. They're both good games
I don't play either anymore.

POEs issues:

Boring combat - grinding gear needs to not feel like a chore because the combat is fluid and engaging.
Crappy art design - Dark is fine. But this game is not a visual successor to D2. It looks like a college project
Needs better trading system - It's also daunting to noobs. I never had an issue figuring out the D2 market
Strict race schedule - Just didn't jive with my schedule. Flexible daily races would have kept me around longer if I could consistetnyl run a couple races a night when I wanted to.

D3 issues:

Itemization
Slow improvement cycles
RMAH

Right now I'm playing a game with issues as well, Marvel Heroes. For me the combat is fun, grinding XP sucks, hero diversity is great, store prices suck, Brevik and his team are fast to patch. I've already played about as much of MH as I did POE simply because killing stuff is at least fun and trying to find heroes/costumes is more fun than finding items/skills.
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Jun 17, 2013, 12:30:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info