Path Of Exile vs, Diablo 3

Finally the open beta is out for PoE.
I've waited for this game for like months. And the thing i like with it is that it is what we wanted Diablo 3 to be.
- The end-gane is alot better in PoE
- Customisation in form of the passive skill tree and itemisation.
- A better trading system.
- More like Diablo 2.

As the last point says, we like what we know. Diablo 2 was/is one of the best RPG game in history from my opinion. However, it is out. The graphics is bad. The content is not interesting anymore. But think about it. You played the same acts over and over again. How can that be fun?
It is fun to se your character rise to be a hero with glorious loot and smash monsters and demons. That is the fun.

In Diablo 3 you saw it. In the first 20 hours of the game. And then it faded away. The gear did not progress as much as you wanted. And after some patches the Diablo 3 crew started to nerf the bosses. Diablo was the hardest boss. Or was he? You could go out and buy, lets say 10 mil gold for like no money. Buy some gear on the AH and beat diablo in under 1 minute. Diablo should be hard. He should be strong.

When i tryed PoE the first time i was shocked. I got killed by the first mini boss. That is what i like. Challenges. Things that is not going your way.

But what do you guys think?
Is Diablo 3 a better game than Path of Exile?
And what is a good game according to you?

-TheGreatSwift
Path of Exile already feels like a way better game than Diablo 3.
So PoE > Diablo 3.
I'm only in ActII at OverSoul in Normal Mode so it is hard for me to compare. I had fun in DiabloIII until the Inferno wall made my friends quit. That's when the game became borning for me.

At end game if I don't need to kite everything for 15 minutes to get one kill this game will definitely have the advantage.

But on it's own merits this game is THOROUGHLY enjoyable!
"
TheGreatSwift wrote:
Finally the open beta is out for PoE.
I've waited for this game for like months. And the thing i like with it is that it is what we wanted Diablo 3 to be.
- The end-gane is alot better in PoE
- Customisation in form of the passive skill tree and itemisation.
- A better trading system.
- More like Diablo 2.

As the last point says, we like what we know. Diablo 2 was/is one of the best RPG game in history from my opinion. However, it is out. The graphics is bad. The content is not interesting anymore. But think about it. You played the same acts over and over again. How can that be fun?
It is fun to se your character rise to be a hero with glorious loot and smash monsters and demons. That is the fun.

In Diablo 3 you saw it. In the first 20 hours of the game. And then it faded away. The gear did not progress as much as you wanted. And after some patches the Diablo 3 crew started to nerf the bosses. Diablo was the hardest boss. Or was he? You could go out and buy, lets say 10 mil gold for like no money. Buy some gear on the AH and beat diablo in under 1 minute. Diablo should be hard. He should be strong.

When i tryed PoE the first time i was shocked. I got killed by the first mini boss. That is what i like. Challenges. Things that is not going your way.

But what do you guys think?
Is Diablo 3 a better game than Path of Exile?
And what is a good game according to you?

-TheGreatSwift

You can't really compare two games and say A is better than B, because if it isn't an issue of technical flaws it's a matter of subjective taste.

Here's a summary though on what differs between the two games.

Objective difference.

Diablo 3 have a better story, (I don't really care for Poe story)
Diablo 3 have more responsive combat.
Path of Exile are closer to the graphical settings that Diablo 2 had.
Path of Exile is harder.
Path of Exile is free.
Path of Exile had a better launch.

Subjective difference

Path of Exile have a different economic system (which I personally enjoy more, but that's subjective).
Path of Exile don't have an Auction house. (ibid)
Path of Exile have a lot of customization regarding builds. (ibid)
Both Games have always on DRM.
Neither of the games have Diablo 2 developer (They are at Torchlight 2)
i personally think that patch of exile will benefit from an auction house

or something like when you die in hc you can buy a micro transaction which makes you rez from hc and keep going

maybe even like micro transaction a regal orb for coins
Is this thread really necessary. Just type D3 into the searchbox...
"
inadversity wrote:

or something like when you die in hc you can buy a micro transaction which makes you rez from hc and keep going

I really hope you are trolling... or i lost my sense of sarcasm for today :D
Why on earth would you want a micro to rez in HC?
The developers specifically said they dont wan't a P2W game, and thats about as P2W and dumb as it can get.
HC is HC for a reason.
PoE > ARPG
D3 > arcade
my english sux.
"
Zarkin wrote:
"
inadversity wrote:

I really hope you are trolling... or i lost my sense of sarcasm for today :D

God no!!!!

AH just ruins a game like this. I am hoping your trolling lol

D3 is just an example. Everything became about farming gold and next to no interaction with other players

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info