We have to go deeper.

Idea #6:

Figure out your favorite competitive game (Diablo 2, Starcraft 2 would both work since people here are probably big fans of either).

Ask for 8 people (max players in a D2 instance, possibly SC2 map) to post their ingame names and schedule a battle royale with a key as the prize.
"
blinkxzero wrote:
"
IMDisappoint wrote:
Want a key?

Suggest a creative way to give away another key.

Best suggestion gets a key as well as a welcome gift from my overflowing stash, which will be better if you play hardcore.

Contest will end when there is a clear winner.

Hold a Hacking Contest! How?

http://www.hackertest.net/

Show proof with how far you got! Best hacker wins the key! :D

Can you get through all the levels? :P I passed level 1... go me. Stuck on 2. I'm entertained now.
I usually just read the forums rather than post. Is posting a requirement for getting "possibly" chosen for a beta key?

Just wondering :)

Thanks.

Dar
"
xPyrox wrote:
"
blinkxzero wrote:
"
IMDisappoint wrote:
Want a key?

Best suggestion gets a key as well as a welcome gift from my overflowing stash, which will be better if you play hardcore.

Hold a Hacking Contest! How?

http://www.hackertest.net/

Show proof with how far you got! Best hacker wins the key! :D

Can you get through all the levels? :P I passed level 1... go me. Stuck on 2. I'm entertained now.

Haha not all the levels, but last time I tried a long time ago (site has been around for a little while, probably updated), I made it a few levels in, haha :D
I'm at lvl 4 now.. first 3 were all solved the same way.. not much 'hacking' involved :P
Show the key, but only the letters and hide the numbers, and who`s the 1st to get the right numbers, cha ching.
Thanks Jonus for the invite, you are the best !
I stopped hacking the timer ! :>
Well since you asked about a creative way to *give* the key, not choose a person to give it to, this is what I propose.

1) Steal Yves Rossy's jet pack.
2) Attach sky writing implements.
3) Write key in sky above populated area

Alternatively:

Make a forum account named after each 5 character portion of the key and make 1 random post with each in different parts of the forum, see if someone can put it together correctly.
an ironman contest in diablo 2
Guessing OP is probably gone for the day or for a bit. Was hoping to see a response to one of the ideas today (preferable one of mine of course!) .. blah. Maybe I'll wake up and have a PM tomorrow? One can only dream!
"
IMDisappoint wrote:
Want a key?

Pick a phrase and reveal one letter every X amount of time. (every 5 minutes?)

Rules:

- 1 guess per person.
- First person to guess it wins.

That means if you guess earlier, there are less letters filled in and you have a harder shot at it (remember 1 guess allowed!). If you wait to make sure you are right, you might wait too long!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info