We have to go deeper.

The best way is to post key here... And fastest will win)

As an alternative is roulette spin - you make it, or simply take one digit from 1 to 36 and first person who post it will win

So I think it must be very simple and lucky!!! Thx
IGN: Bunch_Of_Rotting_Dicks
Write down the beta key and put it into one of those little plastic bubble cases you get out of a gum ball machine. Take the plastic dome and put it into a large hunk of bloody red meat. Take a boat out to sea and chum the water until hundres of hungry sharks are at a frenzy. Throw in the prepared piece of meat and watch as sharks tear into it. Then, whoever later catches the shark and is able to recover the code w/o killing it, will get in.

Ok, that settles it, I've been watching too much shark week.

Dar

<()--A--K
Great ideas ITT, but here's my suggestion:

You could have a scavenger hunt like some other posters said, but instead of having it in real life, you could have it online. We would have to navigate the websites that contained clues about the beta key, and put the pieces together to figure out the whole string.

I just noticed this wouldn't really be a scavenger hunt, but more like a hunt for clues, so yeah.

(:
A starcraft tournament! Winner gets betakey
The one who make a suggestion that will be implemented based on that suggestion gets a key?
I will quit smoking and dota if i get a key.
I have plenty of time(8++) to play.
I also offer slavery.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/6677
How about everyone who has posted in this thread gets a key? My logic is that everyone who cares enough to post here is more than worthy and would do a nice job giving feedback and helping with development.

This is a loyal group and would play the game more than enough to spot any issues or shortfalls.

It would be a win-win for us and the devs.

Eager volunteers ready and waiting!

:)

Dar
Here are some of my favorites so far.

"
telljer wrote:
Make an alt forum account.

Post an innocently worded but obviously nub question. Don't limit yourself to the general Discussion forum. Maybe put it in one of the sub-forums under skills or leagues or even Off Topic.

I like this idea as I would be able to weed out negative posters quickly, but I have no intention of creating multiple accounts.

"
BLinDRawR wrote:

do a jigsaw puzzle,like take a picture cut it into pieces,the one who puts the pieces together first wins.alternatively the one who guesses the contents of the picture right before you complete it wins.

While I am a fan of puzzle-based online experiences, I can't think of a way to really make this work. The puzzle would also have to be something more complex than a jigsaw puzzle.

"
silverhawk wrote:

This one is harder than the rest. Since Halloween is coming up, provide people that carve up some pumpkins with PoE fanart a key.

P.S. pumpkins are in season starting in September.

Seasonal! I like it. However, there isn't much in PoE (especially things that non-beta members know about) that can transfer to a pumpkin and be immediately recognizable as coming from PoE. Or maybe there is.

"
Reader wrote:

For instance, back when Serejai@TL.net made a topic and asked the community to come up with an item using a TL's staff name, I thought that was a neat idea the PoE community could use to contribute and invigorate the developers.

Yeah, I thought that was a fun little contest...until people started saying the same things over and over again like Manifesto7's +1 Banhammer or Hot_Bid's Aviators of Esports.

"
Reader wrote:

So, how about suggesting a monster and its attributes, name, attack animation, etc. And the best one wins that.

Or if that's too simplistic, come up with a quest. You meet a homely man who asks you to look into the recent murder of his wife. You eventually locate her corpse and find out she has two incisions on her neck. You turn around and find the supposedly widowed husband waiting behind you, ready to pounce on his dinner!

I like this idea and how you worded your example, but creating/suggesting content is not really something I want to do while the storyline remains mostly unrevealed.

"
xPyrox wrote:
Hey I think this one might be interesting - wait until the beta time resets to 35 mins then make a post telling everyone to guess the next upcoming randoms join date! person closest to the date without going over wins. Sounds fun :D Just make sure you cut it off when timer resets.

This does sound like fun, but I'm also trying to mitigate chance as much as possible.

"
Ohcrit wrote:
Play a hangman-style giveaway. People can guess letters and numbers - and hope that they guess the key correctly. Now this would have to be on a live stream of some sort, most likely. Possibly in this thread(or another), even.

Oh, and that's what she said(to the title).

I would like to do a stream-based beta key giveaway at some point.

Oh, and Goodbye Michael :(

"
FuRioN wrote:
Make a contest to desing a new logo for path of exile (I think the actual one is a little ugly).

I laughed. But I would also agree.

"
cwierts wrote:
Charity contest.

Eligible persons must donate to a good charity (any denomination) After a certain amount of time, number of validated donations are assigned a number and then a random number generator is used to pick the winner.

Even if you lose the beta contest, you still win for helping someone less fortunate than yourself.

That's a very nice suggestion, but I would feel too much like donators are buying a key.

After a quick background check, I've decided to give a key to Reader. His/Her suggestions promote creativity and could provide useful content to the developers or at the very least give them an idea of what the community thinks is interesting and/or fun.

I look forward to seeing your beta feedback, Reader. Let me know what character you choose, and I will find a suitable welcome present for you. See you in game!
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
"
Darbarian wrote:
How about everyone who has posted in this thread gets a key? My logic is that everyone who cares enough to post here is more than worthy and would do a nice job giving feedback and helping with development.

This is a loyal group and would play the game more than enough to spot any issues or shortfalls.

It would be a win-win for us and the devs.

Many of the responses here are indeed indicative of players who would give excellent feedback. Even the one (I only got one?) complainer obviously loves this game without having ever played it. However, for now there can only be one.

P.S. While I have given away one key here, I may give away another if I read an excellent suggestion before I have given away my remaining keys.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Last edited by IMDisappoint on Sep 4, 2011, 4:21:30 PM
Ok, since you are limited as to the number of keys you can give out. How about a simple writing contest to add to the game lore?

Perhaps 500 words or less which describes the origin of one of the monsters in more detail? I know there is existing lore there, but a little augmentation might be just the trick and your forum followers could show off their creative fantasy writing chops.

Would be fun for all and even the ones who do not get chosen still win in that their ideas will get a little face time.

Thanks!

Darbarian

Last edited by Darbarian on Sep 4, 2011, 5:09:17 PM
Well I have many ideas, maybe one will tickle your fancy xD - if you still have keys to give out that is !

#1 - Since I believe in equal opportunity, just a simple kind of raffle that everyone could enter and you just pick a number at random, fair enough I guess :D.

#2 - Some kind of game contest, such as a face of in PVP Diablo 2 LOD, call of duty or any multiplayer game like that.

#3 - I'd of guess this has already been suggested but some kind of drawing fan art contest, which would be sure to bring about lots of cool ideas ! - Although I would suck as this, drawing is'nt one of my strong points !

#4 - Going out on a bit of a whim here because the devs are clearly capable of coming up with ideas on there own but how about everyone who needs a beta keys suggests a skill that could be implemented into the game, again i'm sure there are plenty of creative people out there that could impress the devs :)

#5 - Maybe this one could end up costing a bit too much money with people that like to do it right - a kind of cosplay POE, where the fans dress up as the different classes ( or monsters, if your feeling brave ) and obviously the best one would win a key, judged by yourself.

--
Well even though I could come up with more silly ideas I expect i've bored you, so ill just leave it at them 5 !
I wish everyone luck and for those that are already in the beta - happy POE'ing !!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info