We have to go deeper.

"
xPyrox wrote:

Idea 2) You could use Slice's idea but relate all the questions to PoE and make people hunt info down through the site and from other players.. kind of unique.

I will actually be doing this on teamliquid as I am a fan of their community. The questions will be starcraft/TL-related so if you're a TL'er, look out for that.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Charity contest.

Eligible persons must donate to a good charity (any denomination) After a certain amount of time, number of validated donations are assigned a number and then a random number generator is used to pick the winner.

Even if you lose the beta contest, you still win for helping someone less fortunate than yourself.
below is my shot.

Find a current live Stream of PoE and link it.

Find 5 Screenshots of PoE from 2010.

Find out the first beta testers username name if posible.

How many people are working at GGG.

Name the Hybrid classes.

Find 3 unique items in items from beta thread for lvl 22+.
Last edited by PRX3 on Sep 4, 2011, 12:04:53 AM
Idea #1:

Hide it in random editable wikipedia articles...

Three articles for the first three key parts - ie for a key like "CY4C6-VVWXX-DEM4B-PJYPT" you hide the CY4C6 in a random article and make a clue for it. Do the same for VVWXX and DEM4B.

Post clues to the articles in a thread and tell people to PM you the article titles to obtain the final part - "PJYPT" and you send the first person who messages you the last part of the key.

Idea #2:

Perform some type of PoE related trivia on the official IRC channel. Winner at the end of the trivia wins a key.

Use the encyclopedia to your left on the site nav list for reference.

Idea #3:

A contest with themes - ranging from something simple like "design a skill for your favorite class" to something more complex like "design a dungeon".

Idea #4:

Submit a short story of fan fiction approximately 1 page long (1000 words or less).

I like the book/page/line/letter & or number idea, I think it could be applied to the forums though as "thread/post/line/letter", the only problem though is that it puts most of the onus on you rather then the people hoping to get the invite.

Another idea, you could create an anagram pair of both a famous quote and the key, and if you can solve the quote you'll have solved the key. There wouldn't be a lot of interactivity unfortunately.

Finally, you could give people a genre of music, and the person that finds you the best song you haven't heard in that genre within a specified time would win. Only problem could be that you'd end up hearing a lot of crappy music.
"
IMDisappoint wrote:
"
xPyrox wrote:

Idea 2) You could use Slice's idea but relate all the questions to PoE and make people hunt info down through the site and from other players.. kind of unique.

I will actually be doing this on teamliquid as I am a fan of their community. The questions will be starcraft/TL-related so if you're a TL'er, look out for that.

Do I win for suggesting something you're already doing? haha! :] And is that for PoE.. or something else? Kind of confused haha.
I just found out that when yo ustart a new map on single player for minecraft you can enter a seed that generates the level. Regardless of what computer you are on, it always generates the same level. So since I am a huge fan of minecraft, it would definitely be hte person who gave me the best minecraft seed :)
"
xPyrox wrote:
"
IMDisappoint wrote:
"
xPyrox wrote:

Do I win for suggesting something you're already doing? haha! :] And is that for PoE.. or something else? Kind of confused haha.

Also do you know when ? I'm not rummaging their forums everyday just a few times a week, if I had a general time frame I'd look out for it! :D
Make an alt forum account.

Post an innocently worded but obviously nub question. Don't limit yourself to the general Discussion forum. Maybe put it in one of the sub-forums under skills or leagues or even Off Topic.

Best reply wins. By best reply, it is purely subjective to you. It could be funniest or most helpful or whatever you decide.
Errr... posted in wrong post haha.
Last edited by xPyrox on Sep 4, 2011, 12:12:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info