Combat is annoying me

"
Imbalanxd wrote:
"
Raxorflazor wrote:

Health bars? They are already here...

And you can easily know how much health a mob has. The bigger the monster, the more health. Elite and rare mobs have even more health and melee mobs tend to have more health than ranged mobs of the same size...

Note: We do not need some mindless numbers sating 500 of 1000 health. We already have a health bar. More than enough.

Yes, you keep saying that, everyone keeps saying that. "We don't need health bars". Ye? Prove it. Tell me why you don't need health bars. I told you why I need health bars. Better prioritisation. Better damage feedback. Better total mob health indication. Better visualisation of damage areas. Better killing blow ability targeting.

And it isn't a case of making these tasks "easier". At the moment they simply cannot be done. If I'm fighting in excess of 10 enemies, and I need to know which one I can convert with dominating blow, how do you propose I go about doing this? Should I mouse over ever single enemy in the area, and find the one on the lowest hp? Should I ask them to stop attacking me so I can perform this painfully slow and completely unnecessary task?

As far as I can tell, you don't have a single reason why health bars shouldn't be added. Not ONE. Not even an insubstantial one. Its pathetic that you would argue for something which such fervour for absolutely no reason.

Although I would not mind health bars that I can turn off, it is not true there is no reason to not have them. Game immersion is a very good reason, something that many RPGs today forgot about, especially MMORPG. Why should your character know what is the maximum health of enemy or how much damage he does exactly when he hits?
When he hits the enemy he can appraise if the enemy looks slowed down and damaged or if it is no longer moving and dead and that is represented by health bars as we have now.

But I agree that critical effects are not good enough at the moment, and damage numbers would be useful for that because a sudden bigger number would tell us if it was a crit or not.

I must add this topic is one of the worse I seen on these forums. A lot of people were attacking OP directly and telling him to go play D3 from page 1. That was not OK.
I was reading from start, he tried to ignore this for a short while and then also joined in the "festivities". I would call this moderation failure topic, this should have been stopped a long time ago.

"
Imbalanxd wrote:
First off, targeting. I'm primarily an FPS player

There's your problem
//go next
I'm primarily an FPS player and I have very few issues with targeting in this game, aside from losing track of my mouse cursor and certain monsters, I can't say I have targeting issues.
"
TheSN wrote:
"
Imbalanxd wrote:
First off, targeting. I'm primarily an FPS player

There's your problem

Incredible, just after my post another one does this. I remember the times when people were not such jerks on these forums. I really think moderators need to change their way to do stuff as what worked before will not work anymore, especially when OB comes.
If nothing changes these forums will become WoW or worse forums and no normal discussion will ever take place here.

the tiny hitboxes are still by far the worst and most annoying part of this game to me, its extremely frustrating when you mis click on an enemy by 1 mm and end up running past it, i still try to correct this by using shift and attack to stop and try to hit the enemy, but it never works like it does on d2, i honestly can't believe there has been no mention by the devs to correct this.
They have mentioned that they're looking into it.
"
Asmoday1232 wrote:
Sounds more like "I wish this game was noob proof"

All of these ideas should never enter the HC league ever.

If you want these combat logs, HP bars, and auto aim put it in the default league where those types of players will be anyhow.

I disagree. I enjoy SC , and HC , and personally enjoy seeing health bars AND floating combat text. I also enjoy the *option* to enable or disable these features at will. Thing is here , alot of people are acting like elitists from both points of view, and it really baffles me, because the bottom line is , if its an option, it caters to everyones personal choice.

I really dont see a problem with it as an option.

Cheers.
GGG - Why you no?
"
WillC wrote:
"
Asmoday1232 wrote:
Sounds more like "I wish this game was noob proof"

All of these ideas should never enter the HC league ever.

If you want these combat logs, HP bars, and auto aim put it in the default league where those types of players will be anyhow.

I disagree. I enjoy SC , and HC , and personally enjoy seeing health bars AND floating combat text. I also enjoy the *option* to enable or disable these features at will. Thing is here , alot of people are acting like elitists from both points of view, and it really baffles me, because the bottom line is , if its an option, it caters to everyones personal choice.

I really dont see a problem with it as an option.

Cheers.

Agreed. I for one will have it off as i want to immerse myself as much as possible into the game (Diablo 1 feel).

They already stated, that they most likely will add this stuff in an optional way, check this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36080
Last edited by Visuv on Dec 9, 2012, 8:07:08 PM
Hitbox=pixel box
Actually, I think the hitbox of monsters extends outside (usually) their pixel art. I believe monsters have square/cubic hitboxes, because how else did they "increase" the hitbox size of the vipers recently?

As for the OP, stop trying to deny it. You're definitely a troll. There's no other reasoning for your behavior given your comments ("ARPGs take no skill" "I'm primarily a fps player" "spells should auto-hit" etc). We don't have to prove anything considering it's the burden of proof of the initiator to bring up their points AND cement them with evidence people can either critique or agree with. It's not up to us to disprove your points, it's up to you prove your points better first.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Dec 9, 2012, 11:47:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info