Combat is annoying me

Snakes should be hard to target. They're snakes.

Theyre small and fast.

Have you tried using faster projectile gem with fireball? Although I would agree its base speed could be brought up a tad.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Theyre small and fast.

Have you tried using faster projectile gem with fireball? Although I would agree its base speed could be brought up a tad.

I did, damage boost was pathetic, rate of hits didn't change much. And it wasted one of the slots.

As for snakes, there is a big difference between hard to target for you or your character. yes give snakes more base evasion but let us be able to click on them more easily.

Last edited by Torin on Dec 11, 2012, 12:21:55 PM
Faster projectiles isn't meant to boost dmg outright in terms of DPS. Its meant to help you hit moving targets easier. Which it does.

If GGG did that. All we would see on forums is about how ppl clicked on snakes but their attacks never land. They would cry Desync, lag, etc.
My only contribution to this thread is that I wish i knew how much damage my summoned minions did.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Theyre small and fast.

Uhm... are you serious? Snakes should be hard to target by the player? Please think this through again because if we would start giving monsters weird hitboxes just to make them unclickable this game would be awful.
If snakes are hard to hit then they need more evasion and our character should miss more, adjusting hitboxes for the sake of players not being able to target them is a really really bad approach in an aRPG.
I gotta agree actually , the snakes are really a fuckin PITA to target. Mind you, i play a lightning arrow ranger, and its not that hard to hit anything without targeting so ... Thats all.

Cheers.
GGG - Why you no?
"
KoTao wrote:
While i dont hold with much of what the op says, he makes one point ive experienced far too much not to agree with:

"
Imbalanxd wrote:
In this game, 30% of my clicks don't stick.

Likely just another symptom of the poor netcode, which hopefully gets fixed soon.

I am replying late to this but it is true.

When we hear things like "game feels slow" "feel like I am fighting in mud" "clicks do not stick" "combat is not fluid"

In my opinion the reason for these comments is the same. There is a time delay after an attack, eg shoot an arrow or fire a wand, and during this time delay no clicks will work: you cannot move, you cannot evade anything, you cannot attack anything.

During that "dead" time, an arrow has travelled all the way across the screen. It is a long delay. I have raised this issue on the reports/bugs but no devs have responded.

This will easily mess up newcomers' first impressions.
I agree with the OP that due to a busy screen full of inanimate objects/obstructions, many times you cannot really see what's happening. It is like in Diablo 2, going for Mephisto where those little tiny pygmies would come out of nowhere and kill you with a few shots. It was always scary running though Durance of Hate... However once attacked you would not miss it, there were enough effects to alert you to the attack.

On the other hand, in PoE, some monsters are lacking the effects, and even though attacking you, you do not even know about it.

However, I do not agree with the OP about targeting. Even though I have already posted a comment to ask for HP bars on mobs, maybe with some decay, I know that like Diablo 2, you are not really meant to fight one to one, you are meant to AoE whole screen loads of monsters. You are meant to have wild abilities like multishot, knockback, frozen orb and so on, to eliminate groups of monsters at a time. In very few cases would you need to target a single target in preference to other targets on the screen.

So the OP needs to make use of his "shift" key and learn to shoot first and ask questions later on every new direction and area.

Erm...

I was in a level 61 map...

There was this snake...

A boss snake...

With a speed aura...

I was also experiencing mild lag during the encounter...

The snake also had a regeneration aura...

If ever I wanted a fight to be on Screen Capture for Youtube...

It might have even competed for Youtube's longest ever video...

I suppose freezing combined with the slow curse might have helped a bit...

...might

But that's a lot of re-spec'ing for one monster on one map that I'll never play again...

"
cronk wrote:
Erm...

I was in a level 61 map...

There was this snake...

A boss snake...

With a speed aura...

I was also experiencing mild lag during the encounter...

The snake also had a regeneration aura...

If ever I wanted a fight to be on Screen Capture for Youtube...

It might have even competed for Youtube's longest ever video...

I suppose freezing combined with the slow curse might have helped a bit...

...might

But that's a lot of re-spec'ing for one monster on one map that I'll never play again...

lol. Thats alot of dots, more so than even i use ...
GGG - Why you no?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info