Combat is annoying me

I need me a click counter. to see how many clicks ive done. Sounding like Chris in his first build of the week videos.
Smoother than Smooth.
Being a mostly FPS guy myself, I find this game anything but just point and click (probably due to my playing style) compared to other ARPGs. I destroy my 12345 and qwert keys and require a fair amount of targetting, timing and prioritization.
You really, really, REALLY do not need health bars in an aRPG.

Why you might ask?

It's simple really. Play through normal, and you know how tough every single monster in the game is.
You know what they do, you know what they don't, you know how hard they are to kill.
Also, finishing Ruthless, which is also a cakewalk, you know what abilities works best against what.

You know full well in Merciless that you don't give zombies a moment's thought in the Ancient Pyramid if there are constructs or mages nearby, you know the casters die fast, you know you oughta nuke'em.

This is even more true in group play, people should -by the time it's needed- know which ones to gang up on first, and which to leave behind.
A group will know better than to leave adds alone on Oak, unless their combined DPS is wtfomg.

...and so on, and so on.
ARPG is about knowledge, and creating really, really simple tactics from that knowledge, and then be mediocre enough to pull it off and loot.

'nuff said.
Never fret, as seen in many other threads, toggleable health bars, and floating combat text will most likely get worked in at some time in the future. Now i know alot of you toot the "they're not needed horn" all to often, and although i agree they are not NEEDED, they would be a welcome addition to many, myself included.

As for targeting issues, well the combat is not as smooth and refined as say "that other game", no! It does however perform as well as it can considering the lack of some of the more polished features seen in that "other game". Maybe GGG will work on that at a later date, maybe they wont, but the bottom line is, after a bit of gettin used to it, and learning all the ins ands outs, its not half as bad as you seem to be experiencing atm.

At any rate, you really have to ask yourself "is this game for me"? Maybe its not. The best you can do is "suggest", and see where it goes.

The only other thing i would like to comment on, is the way you have piled ARPGs into the skill-less category, where in fact, "that other game" has none, POE has some. I would argue that your precious FPSs are no different what so ever, in fact, remove fast reflex, and theres no skill at all in pullin a trigger over and over...

Lolo = Skill.

Cheers.
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Dec 8, 2012, 8:28:24 PM
I don't get the HP bar thing ??? the game has health bard very clear up top ? ? ? not only that but it also has a read out of the extra stats the enemey has .. so i just don't get it that's much more info than any other class of game gives u ?
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
a certain 3rd installment in a well known franchise was slapped in the face by the I want health bars, floating text, fast mindless action and no skill mind set.

I pray that Path of Exile does not follow those trolls.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
To flip or not to flip

Twitch stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/bled66
Experimenting, solidifying and straight rocking POE.
I really can't oppose and in fact support things like extra information.
namikaze do u have s extra beta key
therapy do u have beta keys i could have pls reply
"
Flab wrote:
I really can't oppose and in fact support things like extra information.

All the information on health of mobs and DPS is already in the game, why does it need to be spoon fed?

-You want to know the health of the mob? hover over it.
-you want to know your dps? check your dps in your character menu, for the love of all that is holly it breaks everything down for you there.

Heck in Blizzard games you cant even read the floating text in end game.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
To flip or not to flip

Twitch stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/bled66
Experimenting, solidifying and straight rocking POE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info