Combat is annoying me

The game is giving you feedback, you are ignoring it.

Assuming you are actually clicking on the mob and not next to it, you should hit it.

If you don't hit it nine out of 10 times or so, your accuracy is low.

When you hit it the mob should die. If it does not then your dps is too low.

Exceptions would be rares, or bosses - they may take more depending on your damage type and their mods. You should still rock them visibly.

If the screen shakes and everything dies, you have just landed a crit.

One of the things I like best about this game is that there is constant realistic feedback.

You don't have to look at numbers, you can see what is going on.

Most other games these days crank up the speed right from the start and always use a hit for attack animation so the only way you can tell what is going on is by looking at the numbers.

You don't have to see any numbers to tell how you are doing in Poe, you can see how you are doing by how your character is responding.

I suppose if you are used to the other way then it would seem as if there is no feedback, but really there is way more than a bunch of scrolling numbers.

I was serious when I said to try a RT Marauder with a good 2h weapon for reference.

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
Last edited by AlteraxPoe on Dec 9, 2012, 3:14:04 AM
"
Asmoday1232 wrote:
Sounds more like "I wish this game was noob proof"

All of these ideas should never enter the HC league ever.

If you want these combat logs, HP bars, and auto aim put it in the default league where those types of players will be anyhow.

I like how players think that hardcore is somehow a testament to skill, rather than a testament to how much free time you have. I've got enough free time to make countless hardcore characters, but not a chance I'm going to waste my time with the lag and rubber banding issues this game has.
"
Imbalanxd wrote:
"
Asmoday1232 wrote:
Sounds more like "I wish this game was noob proof"

All of these ideas should never enter the HC league ever.

If you want these combat logs, HP bars, and auto aim put it in the default league where those types of players will be anyhow.

I like how players think that hardcore is somehow a testament to skill, rather than a testament to how much free time you have. I've got enough free time to make countless hardcore characters, but not a chance I'm going to waste my time with the lag and rubber banding issues this game has.

All I see from you on these forums is "QQ I die and its the game's fault not mine! They need to give me information and they need to give me auto aim and noob proof this for me!"

Seriously, get over youself because no one else is being one shot and saying, oh its the game's fault. You are not thinking the game through, your build through or you are just stacking armour thinking its going to allow you to just tank and spank mobs that you are unable to left click.

Go back to your CoD
"
AlteraxPoe wrote:

If the screen shakes and everything dies, you have just landed a crit.

Oh, how useful, when I just did a cleave that hit about 10 enemies. Will the screen shake at a particular frequency to indicate the global screen location of the enemy that took the crit?

The feedback the game is giving me is obviously bad, if I can't perceive it, and if it doesn't convey the correct information.

Or wait, let me guess. Its up to me to try and FIND the feedback, right? You have no idea how fast this game will die with that attitude.
"
Asmoday1232 wrote:

All I see from you on these forums is "QQ I die and its the game's fault not mine! They need to give me information and they need to give me auto aim and noob proof this for me!"

Seriously, get over youself because no one else is being one shot and saying, oh its the game's fault. You are not thinking the game through, your build through or you are just stacking armour thinking its going to allow you to just tank and spank mobs that you are unable to left click.

Go back to your CoD

If that's what I was doing I would be throwing obscenities at the devs in the first post. But rather I'm identifying issues which I perceive as a problem. I've played a few ARPGs and plain MMO RPGs, and a lot of games in general, so its not as if I don't fall into their target demographic. That at least gives me the right to share my concern. They don't have to take it as the truth, and they aren't obligated to address the issues I outline. I'm not demanding a refund unless they make the changes I want. I like the game, and if I identify issues which I think will cause the game to fall short, then I will bring them to the attention of others.

Fan boys like you, on the other hand, are typically what result in a game dying. GGG could implement the next act boss as a big fluffy pink unicorn, and you would be right there cheering them on telling them how amazing the fur looks and how vibrant its colours are.
Why would it matter which particular mob took the crit?

You are either a troll or missing the point I am trying to get across.

If you have built your character correctly, you don't have to worry about the damage you do any individual mob because they will be dead way, way, before it matters.

Say you have 25 or so of those angry little monkeys with 3 stacks of frenzy charging up to you. Do you suppose you have time to look to see what damage you might do any particular one? Does it matter which one took the crit?

No, it doesn't.

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
"
Imbalanxd wrote:
I can very much agree with a lot of this. In a game like POE it is important to know before hand exactly how tough the mob you are fighting is, and also just as important to know how much damage each of your attacks do. This will give you a good time frame of how long it will take to kill, and will inform the decisions you make throughout the fight.

The problem is, there is absolutely no feedback regarding crits or misses. Now I think I'm pretty good at gauging health and damage, but I'm not omnipotent enough to know when crits and misses will occur.

Also, the idea of health bars reducing skill requirement is laughable. The information is already available, it is just a nightmare to access it. Its design 101 that you do not introduce difficulty through the interface, but rather the mechanics.

Wow just wow how do you even respond to this...

"it is important to know before hand exactly how tough the mob you are fighting is"

Its called Monster Power...

"important to know how much damage each of your attacks do."

Pull open the character menu and read what your DPS is... and hell GGG was so nice to even include the individual dps stats of each spell!

"The problem is, there is absolutely no feedback regarding crits or misses."

Read the mechanics section they explain crits and misses there in full.

"but I'm not omnipotent enough to know when crits and misses will occur."

Either are the developers it is call a random number generator or a "roll"

"The information is already available"

Really your arguing to have something spoon fed for you even though it is all ready implemented...

All i can say is wow...

In all that I can muster up in civility and as calmly as possible, you do not know how to play this game... It is not for you. If you are as miserable as you say just play your FPS's or try Diablo 3 it really sounds like that's what your looking for.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
To flip or not to flip

Twitch stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/bled66
Experimenting, solidifying and straight rocking POE.
Last edited by BeyondAnyTherapy on Dec 9, 2012, 3:35:30 AM
"

Wow just wow how do you even respond to this...

"it is important to know before hand exactly how tough the mob you are fighting is"

Its called Monster Power...

"important to know how much damage each of your attacks do."

Pull open the character menu and read what your DPS is... and hell GGG was so nice to even include the individual dps stats of each spell!

"The problem is, there is absolutely no feedback regarding crits or misses."

Read the mechanics section they explain crits and misses there in full.

"but I'm not omnipotent enough to know when crits and misses will occur."

Either are the developers it is call a random number generator or a "roll"

"The information is already available"

Really your arguing to have something spoon fed for you even though it is all ready implemented...

All i can say is wow...

In all i can muster up in civility and as calmly as possible all i can say is you do not know how to play this game... It is not for you. If you are as miserable as you say just play your FPS's or try Diablo 3 it reallllllyyyyyy sounds like that's what your looking for.

You clearly didn't understand the vast majority of the post. I can only assume that English is not your first language, which is not your fault at all.
^ this

The proof that he is just a sad troll.
Last edited by Asmoday1232 on Dec 9, 2012, 3:32:08 AM
"
Imbalanxd wrote:
You clearly didn't understand the vast majority of the post. I can only assume that English is not your first language, which is not your fault at all.

That is all you can come up with... you really are trolling hard but then again I wouldn't expect anything less form a person who is throwing a temper tantrum.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
To flip or not to flip

Twitch stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/bled66
Experimenting, solidifying and straight rocking POE.
Last edited by BeyondAnyTherapy on Dec 9, 2012, 3:38:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info