Kripparian Is Streaming PoE Again

"
LigerZero wrote:
Haha how weird. First to see him using Byrr's character then have him use the 66 map that Byrr died with when we were in party. Never thought I'd be seeing that one again.

He got one shooted last night in HC xD
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
I don't understand why some of you feel offended that Kripp is streaming this game and that Kripp is a popular streamer. You're basically only offended because Kripparian is more popular than you are, that's all good and well but there's no need to blurp out some stupid shit "just because". If you are truly not interested then I think that the thread title pretty clearly states the content of the thread, why are you here? It's as if you couldn't muster up the courage to "speak up" to the popular kid at school and now you seize your chance over the inter-webs.

I don't understand how some of you are able to put words into other people's mouths. You even go so far as to claim to know someones intentions, someone who you don't even know. "Kripp is an elitist who only cares about being recognized as the best by everyone" is essentially what you are saying. "Kripp only cares about being better than everyone", "Kripp think's he is better than everyone" "Kripp thinks he is beter than me"... If you are thinking these things then you got some confidence issues you need to work out on your own, learn not to take offense by other people's succes.

I mean a moderator is saying something like "yeah sure Kripp is streaming and that's all well and good but it's not like he's supporting us with his wallet which in my book would be a greater feat" I mean c'mon, what kind of bullshit is that? Kripp is not properly contributing?Does he owe you anything in your opinion? because he doesn't and if you think so that's your bad. "Whatever money Kripp has made for GGG, even a basic kiwi out of his own pocket would mean more in my eyes" So you don't think Kripparrians time is valuable to him? You don't think his effort in showcasing the game as he has been doing, in a good light, speaking with you guys trying to contribute for the betterment of the game could possibly be worth more than a kiwi "out of his own pocket" because all he's done he's done out of someone elsese pocket? What have you contributed? Don't you have a salary? Should I feel that whatever you're doing for the sake of the game is nullified by you taking a salary and not donating it straight back into PoE because taking that salary means you're basically not contributing at all? "Yeah you know the devs are developing the game but not really contributing out of their own pocket, which would be worth much more in my book" "Yeah the markerting team are doing their thing but you know it's not like it's coming out of their own pocket" For real man you should be ashamed.

Kripp enjoys playing the game. People enjoy watching Kripp playing the game. More people play the game as a result of watching Kripp play the game. More money goes to the greedy Kiwi mod, and his more deserving peers. Kripp has fun, community has fun and game as well as company behind it flourishes. Where is the issue here? You are butthurt because no one is recognizing you?

-edit, I'm watching him now by the way and he's talking about, as well as playing PoE right now and I see nothing arrogant about his behaviour. He and the other dude seem to get along very well and they seem to be enjoying themselves. As are the viewers in the comments afaik. Also I don't have the game yet and I'm not planning on buying a supporter package, I will wait for it to be free. And if you mr Kiwi mod thinks that I am a bad person because of it then you should not have decided to go f2p. Enjoying this very much meanwhile, kudos to Kripp for making my waiting easier and for allowing me to catch interest in this very awesome-lookin game.
Last edited by RotInPieces on Nov 30, 2012, 11:38:51 PM
OB should be interesting.

"
RandallPOE wrote:
I just don't get this streaming thing at all - what's the appeal of watching someone you don't know doing something as mundane as playing a computer game? Sounds even less interesting than an episode of Big Brother.

Sometimes it confuses us, leaving us utterly flabbergasted, why are these people doing these things? Sometimes we're grateful, -thank god these people are doing these things, so that I won't have to. It is truly a strange thing, this thing. Why are people finding enjoyment in something in which I cannot do the same? Is there something wrong with me I wonder. Am I a cripple? Don't I have the same mental capacity as others and is there something that they "get" which I cannot? Why did that person decide to become a surgeon? What's so appealing about cutting people open and making them bleed. What is their reasoning? Do they have different motives? Why do I enjoy playing games? Other people like to party, are there something wrong with them? or is it me? Am I somehow defective? Am I unable to function like everyone else? Why is everyones behaviour so strange to me? Why do some people believe in various religions? Do they enjoy visiting church every sunday? I would much rather watch an episode of big brother than go to church. Please, PLEASE! tell me, what is the appeal? Why do people have different interest than I and why can't I, ME, understand these things?

In short it's basically because people are interested in different things and find different things amusing. We're all unique persons as the saying goes, and thus we don't share everything. We are not all an exact copy of ourselves. We should be happy we have these things and that we aren't all the same. If everyone where born the same, and the first person born were a rapist, where would that leave the world today? Be happy that you don't understand everything, what you don't understand helps give you contrast for you to understand what you understand.

I'm sure you enjoy doing something mundane which others might not find as much enjoyment in. Try thinking about why you like doing it and then apply that logic to why others enjoy things which you don't.
Last edited by RotInPieces on Dec 1, 2012, 12:22:20 AM
I would venture to guess that most people who watch Kripp play are doing so while playing themselves. Twitch offers a unique opportunity for people to play with others without actually needing to play with others.
His CI Templar turned out okay, but this life-based caster Shadow is gonna be really interesting.
When Kripp streams, PoE is on the front page of twitch. Just sayin.
"
RotInPieces wrote:
I mean a moderator is saying something like "yeah sure Kripp is streaming and that's all well and good but it's not like he's supporting us with his wallet which in my book would be a greater feat" I mean c'mon, what kind of bullshit is that? Kripp is not properly contributing?

woah woah woah, hold up a second. NOW who is putting words into other peoples mouths. Charan did not mean disrespect to kripp he was only saying that he would think it would be cool and a kind gesture by kripp to put his own money into PoE. Nothing more nothing less. Which kripp actually has put $50~ into the game but that is not the point.
Last edited by Lionguild on Dec 1, 2012, 5:39:53 PM
"
Lionguild wrote:
"
RotInPieces wrote:
I mean a moderator is saying something like "yeah sure Kripp is streaming and that's all well and good but it's not like he's supporting us with his wallet which in my book would be a greater feat" I mean c'mon, what kind of bullshit is that? Kripp is not properly contributing?

woah woah woah, hold up a second. NOW who is putting words into other peoples mouths. Charan did not mean disrespect to kripp he was only saying that he would think it would be cool and a kind gesture by kripp to put his own money into PoE. Nothing more nothing less. Which kripp actually has put $50~ into the game but that is not the point.

Yep, that was me. I saw after that he'd contributed some, so that's cool. But I maintain that this is his job and that as much money as Kripp brings PoE (and I know it was a lot, although maybe not as much as some of the crazy-level supporters here), he's getting paid in his own way.

I respect Kripparian a great deal. He is probably the best at what he does. After all, he could be pretty dismissive/nonchalant when talking to this game's lead developer and at the same time command a form of respect BECAUSE he was wiping the floor with the game and looking at it in a way that impressed even that dev. Chripparian, as I called it, was a delight -- Chris clearly loves jumping on the stream and chatting it up; Kripp clearly admires Chris' work and shows it in the best way he knows how: by doing his best to tear it to shreds. :)

So having read that Kripp did purchase a supporter pack, I rescind my 'wouldn't it be great' sentiment but maintain that what Kripp does is not FOR GGG. It's for himself. It just happens to symbiotically benefit GGG. This is business, and I think business is good.

RotInPieces, I would like you to understand that while I am a moderator, I reserve the right to be human. I can make mistakes, I can admit them too. I have an opinion and the day I can't express it here is the day I step down from this volunteer position and quite possibly quit the game. Oh, I'm a player, btw. I was asked to moderate based on my prolific forum presence and quite honestly I wouldn't moderate any other community, including Kripp's -- I've seen his chat and would cry myself to sleep if PoE *ever* came close to resembling that. The mods there work real hard and I respect them too, but we're looking at, for now, two very different communities.

Also, given I'm a player, I had no decision in this game's financial model. Because if I had, you WOULD be paying to play.

Be thankful. :)

PS You might want to think twice before accusing a diamond supporter of being greedy. ;)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Charan

my kiwi army will pwn urs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info