Kripparian Is Streaming PoE Again

I wrote that 'reply' on my phone in a restroom somewhere in Southern Missouri after consuming a delectable local treat known as 'Country Kitchen'.

I was entirely too content from the experience to give a proper, well-thought answer. Also, my phone produces the most hilarious swypos.

Anyway!

I'm really not sure what to say. I think I trod on someone's toes by implying (okay, outright stating) that Kripp is self-serving with the very clear stipulation that, uhm, that's business. That's how you get ahead. He certainly didn't reach the top of the streaming dogpile being a bundle of warm altruism and generosity.

This says nothing about his personality, however. Just that he's very good at what he does, and makes the most of it. I admire this to a degree not easily expressed.

It seems that I will be questioned time and again about my moderator+diamond status. Sometimes I'll hide the diamond status but there's still my custom avatar and I figure having that and NOT having 'Diamond Supporter' might raise even more questions about the mess. So I'll leave it as it is.

I'm also fairly sure I made clear that some of the people I respect most in this community haven't (to my knowledge) contributed much financially at all. So I don't know where anyone might get the idea that I 'look down' on people who don't contribute financially. There are so many ways to contribute to this game and as I said, diamond is sort of a shortcut. I consider myself a sort of patron to the arts, a benefactor. I'm not very good at the game but I REALLY REALLY like it, so I support in the way/s I can. I think the movers and shakers, the expert players and math-freaks, are a whole other strata above me when it comes to this community in a lot of ways.

Having rescinded my comments regarding Kripparian's own method of support, I'm leaving that one be. My bad, etc etc.

Anyway. It's easy to read my own fortifications of text and see 'pompous' and 'self-aggrandising', but if you run into me in the game, you might see another side again. I like to banter there, and see where the conversation will go.

Let's get this back on topic now. You were discussing Kripparian...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 2, 2012, 3:21:31 PM
I've noticed an increase in streams and viewers on Twitch. Viewers in the hundreds. Really happy about this!

I watch how others play and plan their characters while I play myself. It gives you ideas and views from another perspective. This is why I watch. Not to look at the streamer as some people in think :P

I would love to stream. But I'm not interesting.
I know exactly what you mean, dornal! I've been invited to a few streams and podcasts over time but all I can think is 'people have enough trouble reading all my crap, lord knows how boring it'd be to actually LISTEN to me for an hour!'
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I bought into the beta because of kripp.
I'll never understand how people can argue over nothing for so long and not get bored
kripp actually shows some cool stuff about game mechanics on his stream. I, as a noob, like that. but i probably wouldn't watch if I had only one monitor and wouldn't be able to play myself while watching his stream.
Casual Exile.

at this point , i watch streams to get other outlooks on builds, because the builds I wanna try I dont have time to actually level up and test out with Open beta nearing.

Tho I've noticed kripp pointing out somethings that are like crazy good skills or passives, and it scares me that everyones just gonna make builds around these, naturally that happens in everygame eventually, feels like it could be amplified because of things like this tho.

Today's Kripp video is a 17 minute tutorial/intro to PoE... considering he gets like 50k views on his videos, I'd say that's good free publicity for GGG :-p
I wouldn't have been interested in PoE if it wasn't for Kripp, and I dare say that's the same for tens of thousands of other people too. His video today is what's tipped me to download and play the beta (along with my housemates!).

He's helping in a lot more ways than you can imagine.
Last edited by MrMordred on Dec 3, 2012, 8:04:05 AM
I have great respect for Kripp, because he is a purist.

Kripp covers PoE because he likes the game. Kripp is different from the increasing numbers of 'sellout-gamers-turned-reviewers' (you know who) that are paid to review games.

Kripp dares to be different. Instead of maximising his eyeball revenue from online ads by covering games like WoW and D3 - to appeal to the widest possible audience - Kripp dares to depart from norms and cover indie games like PoE. It shows that he is independent-minded and not wholly led by profit motive. This hallmark of a purist is something I hope he continues with.

It is about time we have an internet gaming celebrity who can lead the way for aspiring players - to play games actually worth playing - and not just play games that are the most hyped. We need people like Kripp who can cut through the bullshit hype and explain things in the short and simple way that only he can.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/hrw55.gif[/img]
Last edited by alaizon on Dec 3, 2012, 8:51:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info