Kripparian Is Streaming PoE Again

"
Burgingham wrote:
Does a thread about some random person nobody cares about really get 11 pages of people fighting on here? I thought the community was more mature than that.

Just watch it or don't watch it. If he helps GGG make some bucks then that is good for all of us.

There are 2000 people watching him play PoE, and that's not even a lot, he gets double the number when he is playing D3 and tripple or more when he playes WoW.

It's more than any other streamer has, and thus gives a huge popularity boost to the game.

He also makes good videos on youtube people watch every day raing from 20k to 100k views each.

He is no nobody he is a popular gamer who shows genuine interest in PoE.
Enjoyed watching his Brutus fight from last night. Glad to see it's completely common for desync to ruin a fight, and not just me. (@6:50 mark)
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
I like the guy. He gets real deep into theorycrafting and calculations and optimisation. So it's pretty much the perfect game for him.

I've also noticed that he's been going way later than usual playing PoE. These are some crazy marathon sessions.
"
alaizon wrote:
Kripparrian has a special personality.

He is wholly unlike other gamers who are unable to coherently express themselves.

Kripp is clear, concise and sharp. That is all.

Yeah he is Peaceful guy xD
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
"
I like the guy. He gets real deep into theorycrafting and calculations and optimisation. So it's pretty much the perfect game for him.

I've also noticed that he's been going way later than usual playing PoE. These are some crazy marathon sessions.

He streams from 8pm EST (American) to around 6am EST, a fellow night time gamer like myself. When he likes a game he will play it a lot. You shoulda seen him when he first started PoE back during the beginning of summer, he'd stream all ten hours of nothing but PoE :) Highly recommend it for new players, you can learn a lot from watching him play.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
Charan, you know why there are so many reality shows on cable?

It costs a quarter as much per hour to produce a reality show than a drama series.

So little production work involved. A camera crew follows your cast around collecting tons of footage. Production just clips out vaguely interesting pieces, then scripts interviews around the edges of them. Pay a keyboardist and a DJ to lay down some original tracks, done (hell, not even sure if they go that far!)

They literally broadband that junk because it costs nothing to produce, and the premium for ratings doesn't change. A show can stay on air with barely any viewers. Somehow, though, every once in a while one of these shows gets INSANE ratings. In example, jersey shore; why is that show so popular? Even being forced to listen for more than 5 minutes makes me want to stab out my eardrums.

Oh, yeah, I figured that the budget issue was a given. I was looking at it from a different perspective. After all, if it were merely about the cheapness to produce and not about some sort of primal level of appeal, those budget Doctor Who episodes from the 70s would be uber-mega-hits (at the very least, we wouldn't have a fairly well-budgeted 21st century make-over).

___

I don't find Kripparian charismatic in the slightest. Brilliant gamer? Sure. And maybe 'for a gamer' he's some sort of oratory genius, and perhaps his language is not an entirely verbal one. One I don't understand, and certainly not one easily subtitled. ;)
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
"
Burgingham wrote:
Does a thread about some random person nobody cares about really get 11 pages of people fighting on here? I thought the community was more mature than that.

Just watch it or don't watch it. If he helps GGG make some bucks then that is good for all of us.

Just to clarify, I don't see anyone 'fighting' here. This is a relevant topic that warrants commentary from the community. And that it's reached 11 pages should indicate how erroneous your belief that Kripparian is 'some random person nobody cares about' really is.

Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
I know of 4 or 5 people that watch kripp that spent the 10 to get in beta the other day, and at least 3-5 people watching EnemyEx stream did the same yesterday, it's good advertisement and no matter how silly it may seem to watch other people play a game over the internet it is just the way things are working now and will only get bigger in the near future.
I understand that some of you might not like Kripp, and that is perfectly fine. However, I would not even know of this game if it was not for him, he's good advertisement and is helping to push this game forward in a somewhat indirect way. I'm sure that many more of his viewers have gotten into this game simply because of him. So in conclusion whether you like him or not he is doing good for the game.
"
Burgingham wrote:

Trust me. This thread is much more civilized then the last 2.
The fighting and bickering wasn't just confi Ed to the forums either, it carried over into the game.
I should know, I was one of the more guilty partys last time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info