pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

"
Ravengaard wrote:

My problems with this build is that I cannot drain enough mana to sustain using the attack all the time. Too low physical damage roll on the dagger and too low mana leech is the culprit, identified and dealing with it shortly. Accuracy also ties in with my mana problem.

You could try using a level 5 or lower Double Strike gem if you're not already doing that, lower mana cost. I'm doing this myself now, and it is much easier to sustain this way.
OP seems AFK for a bit :P does fucking disembowel affect Discharge in anyway shape of form before I try to modify some crit nodes here?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Disembowling only affects your double strike :)

Also I use level 5 double strike for the reduced mana cost.
The crit nodes with "with One Handed Weapons" or "with Daggers" or "while Dual Wielding" only affect your Double Strike. The crit nodes with "for Spells" only affect your Discharge. The crit nodes with neither affect both Double Strike and Discharge.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Nov 24, 2013, 9:34:25 PM
guys I am having a major problem.
At first I tried cyclone and out of sinc problems.
yep I set up a key for oos and whenever I guit seeing discharge I would hit it and it might shift my chr half way across the screen. DAMN
So I switched to multi strike and although it helped I am still seeing boom boom boom.
then nothing, I have hit till a boss died, a lonnnngggg time and never see discharge go off.
of course oos helps but its still bs.
How in the hell can you play like this?

"
Daddyboo wrote:
guys I am having a major problem.
At first I tried cyclone and out of sinc problems.
yep I set up a key for oos and whenever I guit seeing discharge I would hit it and it might shift my chr half way across the screen. DAMN
So I switched to multi strike and although it helped I am still seeing boom boom boom.
then nothing, I have hit till a boss died, a lonnnngggg time and never see discharge go off.
of course oos helps but its still bs.
How in the hell can you play like this?

That's why the build changed to Double Strike. I too tried with Cyclone but the desync was infuriating, so I switched the Double Strike as well. Double Strike builds charges faster than Cyclone, but is less reliable in casting Discharge. Of course the biggest benefit is no desync with Double Strike.
Actually double strike is significantly more reliable in casting discharge. Cyclone is less reliable, but if it procs it procs a lot (for packs).
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 25, 2013, 1:49:56 AM
In an aoe situation Cyclone will cast Discharge 97% of the time if 3 enemies are hit, obviously Double Strike can't do this because it doesn't aoe.
What you are describing is the same thing I was; cyclone procs a lot on packs. This has nothing to do with reliability.

Instead I am referring to the chance to crit rather than chance to cast on crit. Cyclone + Multistrike will roll the crit for all 3 attacks, meaning you either get tons of discharges or 0.

The build scales our double strike attack speed to make the animation shorter, meaning we reroll the crit roll much faster, resulting in much more reliable discharges. The only way to make your cyclone animation faster is to get more move speed or only click very short distances, which costs an impossible amount of mana. This means in order to use cyclone you are locked into each crit roll for a very long time, which is extremely dangerous.

When discussing reliability what we're talking about is always getting results that will not stray far from the average. If I use double strike, I will get a reliable average amount of discharges over the time spent attacking because I am rolling many crit rolls to average out the 5% chance not to crit. Cyclone rolls far fewer crit rolls, so it has results that vary wildly and are the opposite of reliable, as it is always gated behind the 95% crit chance cap.
"
pabrt wrote:
Disembowling only affects your double strike :)

Also I use level 5 double strike for the reduced mana cost.

I am thinking of this: If we take "mind drinker", the node let us drain 2% of physical damage as mana, should we level up double strike then? We might have a relative higher damage overall and the mana drained will be effective than have a lower mana cost on low-level double strike?

A bit messy but hope you can understand what I am trying to express.

My CI version of your discharger is currently Level 56 but still very weak due to low-ES and crit rate at this level. Its really a nightmare to level up this character (Group with Posion arrow + fire trap without a single life-node until level 53). Stuff might get better when I get more crit node and can leech back my ES.

Here is my tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecFfQ5IEHsRLxGWEuEVIBjbGlUc3CFgKLUppSo4Kk0rCizpLag26DvhPydAoEZxRwZKyE4qVupbr19qYSFjQ2SjbRlwUnDVdPF_xoLkgwmIa4qvkBGTJ5_LoqOi6qcrpzSxkLQMtMW297fWvjq-vMBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbdsa21ndDeL344TsGO9O8uH1Sw==

Last but not least, I am still considering which is better? Power charges or endurance charge on merciless? Seems that usually discharge will be unleashed when there is 3-5 charges and seldom you will see 6 charges on you.
Last edited by sheunghang on Nov 25, 2013, 9:17:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info