pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

"
Clarks wrote:
"
pabrt wrote:
Did some testing to help Jabr0ni and whoever else can't get a voll's devotion. Was able to faceroll a dominus run, the trash wasnt much slower but dominus himself was a little slow vs. my normal speed. The important thing I noticed was that I wasn't capping my lifesteal with a 20q life leech gem (most noticeably against his machine gun lightning attack and corrupted blood), meaning a non voll's devotion build would need to invest into some spell damage nodes to reach max leeching potential.

Overall it seems to work without the amulet, although it loses a chunk of damage that has to be made up in passives.

It may sound cheap, but could you please put up such tree? :P
I used my build on my character just without the amulet.

"
Ravengaard wrote:
Frenzy nodes are not useless if you use Blood Rage...

Frenzy nodes only provide benefit on kill, rather than on crit, so they provide comparatively limited benefit.

"
Well here to post my success story, or experience running this build so far.

Current build progression
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAAYDlgV9DkgRlhUgFfYc3B6UJDwmlSepKaUqCypNLOktRzGeNZI7KD8nRnFJUUrITeNOKlBCU7hVS1bqWm1br2BDYnlirGegaj9te249bqpwUnBWcNV-WX_Ggh6C5IMJhVWHdohCiPGJ04qvjDaQEZAbkyeaE52jnaqmV6c0p1ysP6xZtAy1SLXyvrzAUcHF0O7WndsL29TcV90N44TnY_Id8-r3o_yr_MX-jw==

Gear
Spoiler

Stats
Spoiler
Defense
Health 2408 (on the low side, working towards picking up the life nodes)
Armor 6293 (grace+determination) | 14,944 with granite+sapphire evasion bonus
All resists 75 (chaos is -60.. lol)

Offence
Attack speed 5.99
82% accuracy
60.6% crit chance
4% mana leech
Double strike 2169
Discharge Any where from 1700~4000

So far I've been doing maps since I hit 60 (about 10% xp from 70 now). They've been pretty easy for the most part. I was using a blue dagger that had 60% spell crit and something like a 30 phys% roll on it then I managed to buy my current dagger which was a huge upgrade. It solved a lot of my issues with mana with the higher base damage I can sustain doublestrike without issue. With my chaos so low bosses that do chaos really, really screw me quite badly with my piddly life pool. I have noticed that most map bosses that are melee tend to hit me pretty hard. Even at 14k armor and enfeeble I still take 600~800 hits fairly regularly. My next big step is finish grabbing life nodes and possibly look towards getting high life crit rings and getting some better gloves and boots. Not sure if I'd be able to squeeze enough chaos resist onto those piece to fix my negative resistance since I've just about blown all my currency getting to where I am.

All in all it's been very fun and satisfying to play. Seeing discharge popping 10~20 times in a row never ceases to amuse me.

Glad to hear it is going well for you!
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 26, 2013, 1:59:13 PM
Planning on following this for my next build. I'm going CI but everything else should be similar(es nodes instead of life and blood rage on my cwdt).

I do have a couple of questions before starting.

Can you heal your ES with flasks the same way other builds heal? I'm used to spamming seething flasks when I'm in trouble so this might take me out of my comfort zone.

If seething flasks are not an option should I go ahead and grab Vaal Pact?

Why not dual strike if we are dual wielding?

Thanks for the awesome guide. Looking forward to sharing my progress. :)
You cannot use flasks to heal ES, therefore Vaal Pact is a no brainer for many CI builds.

Dual strike is terrible for a lot of reasons. It provides half power charge procs, requires you to use a local crit offhand rather than prismatic eclipse, and synergizes poorly with multistrike.
What are your thoughts on using something like Cast on damage taken > Arc > Chain > Prolif? I know we're doing a lot of aoe lightning already I personally didn't notice the power charge gain from using GMP Ice Spear. Being in the thick of things all the time and the lower crit chance on it (35% or so) I figure I'd give arc a try.
I'm not able to test it, but maybe a solution to not using a voll's devotion is to use two crit daggers and use frenzy instead of double strike. I know it isn't an ideal solution, but the loss of attack speed could possibly be mitigated by getting spell damage on the daggers.
"
What are your thoughts on using something like Cast on damage taken > Arc > Chain > Prolif? I know we're doing a lot of aoe lightning already I personally didn't notice the power charge gain from using GMP Ice Spear. Being in the thick of things all the time and the lower crit chance on it (35% or so) I figure I'd give arc a try.
It would work fine. But I think any codt combo will have a fairly low impact on the overall build, so I haven't bothered to change mine at all.

"
EntropyMu wrote:
I'm not able to test it, but maybe a solution to not using a voll's devotion is to use two crit daggers and use frenzy instead of double strike. I know it isn't an ideal solution, but the loss of attack speed could possibly be mitigated by getting spell damage on the daggers.
Frenzy is never a solution, unfortunately. On a crit, Double strike gives 2 power charges and Frenzy gives 1 power charge and 1 frenzy charge. They're roughly equal in that sense, without a voll's amulet. However frenzy generates half as many flask charges from crits, making it a weak option overall.
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 26, 2013, 6:54:20 PM
"
dragonfroid wrote:

I agree that 24% attackspeed is way better. Good catch.
This is what I am looking at right now:
CI Discharge
is your current build still the one on the first page jc
I was wondering the dagger weapon gems

Those are 3L, and you putted in discharge, which will be separate from the main discharge on the chest, does that mean we have to manually use that particular discharge?

Are the better gems to put into dagger?

Also are there any build which are viable for mapping, and face tank stuff :D?
"
sea4mindfire wrote:
I was wondering the dagger weapon gems

Those are 3L, and you putted in discharge, which will be separate from the main discharge on the chest, does that mean we have to manually use that particular discharge?

Not too sure if this was directed towards me, since the dagger I linked had a non-quality discharge in it. I have it in here to level it to 20 to sell off other then that you could put whatever you'd like into your weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info