pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

1.2 tree

important changes: went to the left side for more crit & unwavering stance
took the revelry node by IR for 2 mana per hit, solves any mana issues
life went down, crit/damage went up

updated gear
Spoiler

changes: switched to molten strike, switched auras to purities for max res (tentative)
new offhand because molten strike uses both weapons
use atziri's acuity if you have it, 100x better than VP

rest pending update

firestorm example (no magnate)
http://youtu.be/Y3FXslFruuA
dominus run
http://youtu.be/lauTrjdtDYE

First 6 pages were about a previous iteration of the build. Read from the bottom of 6 on if you want to read the whole thread.

My Current Build:
Spoiler

The build takes tons of crit, life, attack speed, a power charge, and IR. There are also flask nodes. For leveling I advise using spectral throw until around 40 when the build gets enough crit to work.

The Gear:
Important
Spoiler

You need a dagger with high base crit (a kris or demon dagger) and a high local crit roll. This is different from global crit or any other kind of crit you get from nodes. You also want attack speed and a physical dmg roll. Additional good mods are spell crit/damage, accuracy, leech.

Voll's is needed to generate power charges in order to discharge.

Voll's devotion is helpful as it adds a large amount of fire damage and some tankiness through endurance charges.

The Magnate is necessary so that you can keep infinite uptime on your surgeon's flasks.

Prismatic Eclipse is a good choice for an offhand as it provides a large global attack speed boost with 3 green sockets.

Misc
Spoiler

These items are slots you can get life and defensive stats. You also want attack speed on your gloves and rings if possible, and accuracy wherever possible. Mana leech on a ring is good. Minimum all resists before flasks is 23, as the flask nodes buff your flask resist bonuses to +65 with a cap of 88.

The Skills:
Spoiler

6l: Double Strike + Multistrike + Cast on Crit + Discharge + Life Leech (NEED 20q) + Increased Crit dmg/chance/Firestorm
If you have a 5l voll's you can remove increased crit.

3l: Grace + Determination + Reduced Mana

4l: Cast on dmg taken + crit weakness + molten shell + enduring cry

Whirling blades doesn't need any support but should be used for mobility. Flicker strike is also possible.

I also use codt + ice spear + gmp to generate more charges from crits.

The Flasks:
Spoiler

Surgeon's flasks are able to be permanently kept up due to the high amount of crits this build puts out. I run 3 resistance flasks, a granite and a jade flask, which gives very high max resist and armor and lowers gear requirements without much investment in those nodes. Healing and mana come from leech and regen.

Bandit Choices:
Spoiler
Normal: Oak +40 HP if life, or skill point if CI
Cruel: Kraityn +8% Attack Speed OR a skill point
Merciless: Alira +1 Power charge or Endurance charge

Gameplay:
You basically run up and double strike enemies and discharge on them. You always want your flask buffs up on you or else you will die. Map mods to avoid (but you can easily handle them if played carefully): Enfeeble, Ele reflect, reduced max.
Last edited by pabrt on Aug 22, 2014, 8:40:07 AM
Its the second very interesting Discharge/Cyclone Build I see and I really think to make a Scion.
I have 2 questions:

1) In your opinion, why I should take your Build and not a other? :)
2) You think this Build can work with some MF-Gear for farming alone at the endgame?
This build looks absolutely AMAZING, but the drawback is being SQUISHYYYYYYYY, build for advanced players with fast reflexes only imo ty for the guide :D
Last edited by Potion on Oct 30, 2013, 5:31:28 AM
"
Escalin wrote:
Its the second very interesting Discharge/Cyclone Build I see and I really think to make a Scion.
I have 2 questions:

1) In your opinion, why I should take your Build and not a other? :)
2) You think this Build can work with some MF-Gear for farming alone at the endgame?

Compared to normal crit discharge builds, this one does more consistent damage to mobs you don't one shot. It also does more damage and is optimized better than some other cast on crit builds that have been posted. In general this build just does a lot of damage.

You could run this build with MF for docks or library, but maps would be difficult.

The squish ones you see in the video is because my gear sucks and I need to respec a lot of points from a different build I was doing to get more life. But the functionality of the discharging is the same as using the base build I linked.
Last edited by pabrt on Oct 30, 2013, 12:26:46 PM
Nice build man, but i got one Question:

In the video u got Frenzy charges, but i cant see where u get them ? u dont use Bloodrage or Terminus Est , so where did u get those frenzy charges from ?

i'm just starting, and i'm looking for something explosive and flashy to keep me entertained, so this really hits the spot.

i'm wondering however, is it "noob friendly"? i'll be playing domination, so dying isn't really a problem, allbeit annoying.

also, if you'd be kind enough to take the time and make one of those "take this node path every 10 levels", that'd be awesome.
"
kerze123 wrote:
Nice build man, but i got one Question:

In the video u got Frenzy charges, but i cant see where u get them ? u dont use Bloodrage or Terminus Est , so where did u get those frenzy charges from ?

The Blood Dance boots. It's not worth it, I bought them and took +2 frenzy charges but it's not that helpful.

"
Gracie wrote:
i'm just starting, and i'm looking for something explosive and flashy to keep me entertained, so this really hits the spot.

i'm wondering however, is it "noob friendly"? i'll be playing domination, so dying isn't really a problem, allbeit annoying.

also, if you'd be kind enough to take the time and make one of those "take this node path every 10 levels", that'd be awesome.

It requires significant investment to perform like how it is in the video. I started the build at level 40, as that's about what you will need in terms of points. For gear you need to be able to get at least a 4l Volls protector and a Volls Devotion (don't know if this exists on domination).

It is also requires decent reaction times to not die, but usually you just one shot everything anyway. So it can be easy to play but hard to gear for, and it needs a lot of skill points.

What I did was level in groups until 40 with spectral throw and whatever unique 2h I could find/buy. I would suggest you fill out the skeleton of the build I linked first, then start putting points into life immediately. Though you could just take life as you pass by the nodes getting to crit.
Last edited by pabrt on Oct 30, 2013, 1:05:48 PM
bump
Hi, i am newbie but your build is rly nice i think. But i understand, how do you charge. You have not in description any gem for charging. And can you do talents for every 10 leves? Actually i am 20 and it is rly hard now. I have not just that skills so i offen diing. So some tip and tricks should be nice.

Thx you for this build and hold. I am your fan now :)
I just gotta say this looks like amazing fun. Really well thought-out build, taking the character customtizability that the game offers to the extreme. Bet the devs almost pee their pants in excitement when they see stuff like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info