pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

Do you know how pCoC interacts with cyclone? Can you only get one power charge per cast of cyclone? I'm thinking of making a similar CI version as an alt but I REALLY fucking hate Voll's. For your CI version of the build, you might want to consider going through the scion evasion ring instead of the long way around the ranger tree, 70% increased evasion is yummy and if I didn't count wrong it's the same amount of points. The 24 Eva/Arm +10% allres to the left of the evasion circle are pretty effective points too, netting you 12%ev/arm and 5%allres per point.

Throwing together a tree I came up with this:

I don't want to make a 120 point build (since I will never get that far) and usually settle for about 100-110. Now I have left some crit nodes and es nodes open, will have to try the build before I determine whether they are worthwile points or not. What I can say though, this CI version will be pretty rough to level.

Thoughts? :)
RIP in pepperonis my fellow exiles
This build is a standard build only. It literally can not be run in nemesis.

That being said, really insightful and neat way to scale a skill.
"
Darion88 wrote:
"
pabrt wrote:

I got much more life by respeccing points since the last video. For big hit bosses it depends, usually lightning warp + acrobatics will keep you from getting hit. As long as you can tank 1 smash you can survive by swapping multistrike for life leech, though depending on their life you might be able to kill them without needing to.

Just fought Brutus twice in maps, didn't get smashed once because lightning warp messes up his AI lol.

In addition to respeccing, my next levels are all going into HP + I might look into a shield, though it might nerf my crit chance too much.

New video of some low level mappage http://youtu.be/4oYhFl9_s3k
and this is how blue packs go... http://youtu.be/N0iSwypkscc

(also the only way to deal with reflect is by going vaal pact CI, it's the more versatile of the two builds, but more expensive. i just avoid ele reflect mobs)

Still i dont see you surviving to a kole smash or vaal smash in merciless at the map lvl, and neither on the high lvl maps. I mean you are taking the risk based on acrobatics, because if the hit lands you are dead. And you need to be close to them to hit them.
So if acrobatics doesnt work, and lighting warp doesnt work= dead

luckily lightning warp works! Next time I see kole or Vaal in a map I'll try to tank it for science though.

"
dalhed wrote:
Do you know how pCoC interacts with cyclone? Can you only get one power charge per cast of cyclone? I'm thinking of making a similar CI version as an alt but I REALLY fucking hate Voll's. For your CI version of the build, you might want to consider going through the scion evasion ring instead of the long way around the ranger tree, 70% increased evasion is yummy and if I didn't count wrong it's the same amount of points. The 24 Eva/Arm +10% allres to the left of the evasion circle are pretty effective points too, netting you 12%ev/arm and 5%allres per point.

Throwing together a tree I came up with this:

I don't want to make a 120 point build (since I will never get that far) and usually settle for about 100-110. Now I have left some crit nodes and es nodes open, will have to try the build before I determine whether they are worthwile points or not. What I can say though, this CI version will be pretty rough to level.

Thoughts? :)

Pcoc generates one charge per activation rather than per hit, so it doesn't work with this build.

Also I was just doing an off the top of my head CI build, as I don't play CI. I assumed CI players would be able to customize their own builds seeing as it's more complicated :)

Good luck and tell me how it goes. Adding your build to OP.

"
Nottan wrote:

Thanks! I knew it wouldn't be possible in other leagues, is it due to the survivability or item availability?
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 1, 2013, 7:29:07 PM
Hi, I was using a normal discharge build, witch and templar way.

I wanted to give a shot this build so i just changed a piece of my items and linked in 4L multistrike-chance on crit- cyclone - discharge.

Spoiler

This is the result on cyclone.

20%crit chance with 3 attak per second.

I just fell like I have no enought crit chance to make the discharge procs.

Could anyone of you please post your cyclone stats?
This is with a shield.
Spoiler
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 2, 2013, 12:58:09 AM
"
pabrt wrote:

"
Nottan wrote:

Thanks! I knew it wouldn't be possible in other leagues, is it due to the survivability or item availability?

Volls devotion doesnt exist in nemesis and domination, and the survivavility es the main thing, I mean your only hope is 50% dodge chance, you dont have any other mitigation. You take good life nodes but a big smash or hit will kill you.
Maybe if you take mind over matter that and would change things a little.
THe Ci version i think is possible, but the life version is the problem.

This would be a way to solve it but you are giving up a lot of crit chance:

How many times did you die with this build on standard?
Last edited by Darion88 on Nov 2, 2013, 4:35:03 PM
Yeah the life version is definitely a standard build.

I want to see a rich player doing the CI version of this build :)

I only really die to desync. Brutus smash does like 65% of my life, haven't fought map Vaal or Kole yet. As life I definitely die at least once a night.
IGN: Phurionda
"
pabrt wrote:
Yeah the life version is definitely a standard build.

I want to see a rich player doing the CI version of this build :)

I only really die to desync. Brutus smash does like 65% of my life, haven't fought map Vaal or Kole yet. As life I definitely die at least once a night.

If brutus smash does 65% of your life, then Vaal kole smash will get to 100%.
And some shock stacks from piety could kill you too.
Life isnt that good, but CI has chance.
This build is cool and all, but what is the advantage of using a 3-4L discharge over a standard discharge buid? Not to mention you have less spell damage, etc.. than a pure caster build.
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info