pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

So a big nono for this build in HC? :D
I tried this build with CI, its working out great. BUT you are VERY squishy in the beginning. I would NOT recommend this build with CI for HC. I have not tried the life-variant, so cannot say anything about it.
I have been working a lot on this build, I no longer die with it anymore as life.  I can even facetank through double ele reflect (map+rare) mobs.

I will be updating the thread/making a video guide sometime soon when I don't have a paper/test every day.

edit: that is to say a lot of what is in the OP is currently outdated, just as an FYI
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 6, 2013, 6:19:50 AM
"
Ravengaard wrote:
"
dragonfroid wrote:
"
allexffs88 wrote:
After several tries... i gotta say that this build is not to recommend on HC... i have died so many times and had to start over, even in unique level 30+ gear i get 1 shot by final act bosses... maybe its possible when u get a shitload of gear.. but i never made it that far

highest i got was level 37... 6L volls...all the recommender gear, mobs killed me during a cyclone :( i had maybe 450 life at level 37, wich is waaaay to low for comfort

Its a shame cuz i really loved spinning around and blowing up everything as long as it lasted

Hi allexffs88, can you tell me with which spell you engage the fight ? If Cyclone is cast with a critical strike, how you start to fight ?

Thank you

The spell critical weakness is used to up the chance for a critical strike. Then you cyclone into the pack and hope you crit. If you crit, you generate a Power Charge. Once you have a power charge criting becomes easier each time.

Every time you crit you have a chance to discharge one of said power charges. Dealing damage.

So you play with 2 Cyclone ? One for playing it in the beginning, another with "cast on crit" ?? Pabrt said he play with Cyclone + Multistrike + Cast on Crit + Discharge + Lightning Warp
You can use the Cyclone linked to Cast on Crit normally.

The clause "you cannot cast supported spells yourself" does not apply to Cyclone because it's not a spell, meaning you don't cast it, you simply activate the attack skill. Cast on crit support means you cannot manually discharge.
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 7, 2013, 8:08:24 PM
Ok, i didn't know it - we wait for your update :D

Thank you.

EDIT : then, we can put the "Cyclone" gemm in another armor, not linked with Discharge ?
Last edited by dragonfroid on Nov 8, 2013, 6:45:00 AM
"
Ravengaard wrote:

The spell critical weakness is used to up the chance for a critical strike. Then you cyclone into the pack and hope you crit. If you crit, you generate a Power Charge. Once you have a power charge criting becomes easier each time.

Every time you crit you have a chance to discharge one of said power charges. Dealing damage.

Hi Ravengaard,

I don't understand why he doesn't play Cyclone in another piece of armor (like gauntlets) in order to have more sockets with cast on critical...
Last edited by dragonfroid on Nov 9, 2013, 1:59:49 AM
Cyclone must be linked to cast on crit and discharge because that's how cast on crit works, the attack you want to use must be linked to the spell you want to come out.

Might make the video tonight or tomorrow
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 8, 2013, 8:44:58 PM
Oh,
Sorry. Thank you. I follow your post with interest.
+
Looks pretty weak

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info