pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

Looks hilarious. I'm a little confused though by your socketing choices. Why do you have both cyclone and discharge linked together on the same item? Doesn't the addition of cast on crit prevent you from casting cyclone normally? Why not put cyclone and discharge on different items, that way you can have better support gems behind each of them?
"
Ssaruman wrote:
Hi, i am newbie but your build is rly nice i think. But i understand, how do you charge. You have not in description any gem for charging. And can you do talents for every 10 leves? Actually i am 20 and it is rly hard now. I have not just that skills so i offen diing. So some tip and tricks should be nice.

Thx you for this build and hold. I am your fan now :)

Thanks!

Charges are built from the unique gear in the gear section. Volls protector makes crits generate power charges, volls devotion makes power discharges generate endurance charges.

I suggest using spectral throw and a big 2h while leveling to 40. Follow the build skeleton up to the crit nodes while taking nearby life nodes.

"
DB42 wrote:
I just gotta say this looks like amazing fun. Really well thought-out build, taking the character customtizability that the game offers to the extreme. Bet the devs almost pee their pants in excitement when they see stuff like this.

Thanks, I had fun making it.

"
c0nde wrote:
Looks hilarious. I'm a little confused though by your socketing choices. Why do you have both cyclone and discharge linked together on the same item? Doesn't the addition of cast on crit prevent you from casting cyclone normally? Why not put cyclone and discharge on different items, that way you can have better support gems behind each of them?

Cyclone and discharge must be linked in order for cast on crit to work. The skill specifies that you must link an attack to a spell, then when that attack crits, it casts the linked spell. You cannot cast cyclone under any circumstances because it's an attack, not a spell.
Last edited by pabrt on Oct 31, 2013, 4:50:37 PM
"
pabrt wrote:

Cyclone and discharge must be linked in order for cast on crit to work. The skill specifies that you must link an attack to a spell, then when that attack crits, it casts the linked spell. You cannot cast cyclone under any circumstances because it's an attack, not a spell.

Really ? thats the only way =( too bad

How do you deal with kole brutus? any big hit boss? you dont have much mitigation

And what are you going for? life or CI? your life is very low, and how do you deal with reflect?
Last edited by Darion88 on Oct 31, 2013, 10:44:22 PM
"
Darion88 wrote:
"
pabrt wrote:

Really ? thats the only way =( too bad

How do you deal with kole brutus? any big hit boss? you dont have much mitigation

And what are you going for? life or CI? your life is very low, and how do you deal with reflect?

I got much more life by respeccing points since the last video. For big hit bosses it depends, usually lightning warp + acrobatics will keep you from getting hit. As long as you can tank 1 smash you can survive by swapping multistrike for life leech, though depending on their life you might be able to kill them without needing to.

Just fought Brutus twice in maps, didn't get smashed once because lightning warp messes up his AI lol.

In addition to respeccing, my next levels are all going into HP + I might look into a shield, though it might nerf my crit chance too much.

New video of some low level mappage http://youtu.be/4oYhFl9_s3k
and this is how blue packs go... http://youtu.be/N0iSwypkscc

(also the only way to deal with reflect is by going vaal pact CI, it's the more versatile of the two builds, but more expensive. i just avoid ele reflect mobs)
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 1, 2013, 3:04:54 AM
EDIT remove my post sorry
Last edited by kikirimpiw on Nov 1, 2013, 1:13:34 AM
What a cool build! but im guessing not a first character build a poor mans build hehehe no offense :D
As it turns out, I can facetank ele reflect with 3k life and mediocre resists (~50%).

Build is viable against reflect even without CI!
This build looks really interesting, and alot of thought is put behind it.

But my question is.. how do you go about leveling up this build ?
Because you obviuosly cant start out with all that gear,skills, etc

I leveled using spectral throw and unique 2handers. Also I grouped to level.
"
pabrt wrote:

I got much more life by respeccing points since the last video. For big hit bosses it depends, usually lightning warp + acrobatics will keep you from getting hit. As long as you can tank 1 smash you can survive by swapping multistrike for life leech, though depending on their life you might be able to kill them without needing to.

Just fought Brutus twice in maps, didn't get smashed once because lightning warp messes up his AI lol.

In addition to respeccing, my next levels are all going into HP + I might look into a shield, though it might nerf my crit chance too much.

New video of some low level mappage http://youtu.be/4oYhFl9_s3k
and this is how blue packs go... http://youtu.be/N0iSwypkscc

(also the only way to deal with reflect is by going vaal pact CI, it's the more versatile of the two builds, but more expensive. i just avoid ele reflect mobs)

Still i dont see you surviving to a kole smash or vaal smash in merciless at the map lvl, and neither on the high lvl maps. I mean you are taking the risk based on acrobatics, because if the hit lands you are dead. And you need to be close to them to hit them.
So if acrobatics doesnt work, and lighting warp doesnt work= dead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info