pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

"
Darion88 wrote:
"
pabrt wrote:
Yeah the life version is definitely a standard build.

I want to see a rich player doing the CI version of this build :)

I only really die to desync. Brutus smash does like 65% of my life, haven't fought map Vaal or Kole yet. As life I definitely die at least once a night.

If brutus smash does 65% of your life, then Vaal kole smash will get to 100%.
And some shock stacks from piety could kill you too.
Life isnt that good, but CI has chance.

I agree that life isn't as good as CI for this. However I was at 3k life wrt that percentage, and I haven't taken any of the huge life wheel near scion yet. After taking all those a Brutus smash would probably do less than 50%, not including the extreme rarity of getting hit by it with this build

"
Bumblebutt wrote:
This build is cool and all, but what is the advantage of using a 3-4L discharge over a standard discharge buid? Not to mention you have less spell damage, etc.. than a pure caster build.

Standard discharge builds cannot continuously discharge without getting kills (on rare mobs/bosses for example). They also have to do annoying stuff like wind up with gmp ice spears. They also do not scale exponentially with enemy group size/health due to the way their charges are generated. For this build, increased mob resist/health is never a problem.

Also, this build handles reflect much better than normal discharge builds.
hi i made it in witch if you are interested http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/573206
Nice, CI seems very powerful. I also saw you are not using Voll's chest, interesting.
Build Update

I got tired of desyncing (even in spite of lightning warp) and potions were not quite enough healing, so I recolored my Voll's and have a new skill setup.

http://youtu.be/2yJLu-OkMWM

I am using Cyclone, Cast on Crit, Faster Attacks, Discharge, Life Leech. Faster attacks mimics the attack speed from multistrike minus the desync. Life leech aids survivability.

In the future I am going to switch from Acrobatics to a defensive setup of Molten shell on dmg taken + surgeon's granites of iron skin.
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 4, 2013, 12:11:12 AM
Was it hard to get those colors (G-G-G-R-B) ?
Taking into consideration that Voll's Protector is a STR/INT-requirement item.
Nice build man !
I had a few questions : is voll's protector viable with CI ?
I see you take Twin terror with both the CI builds you submited. Wouldn't it be better to use a shield for evasion/es/res ?

I've never done a CI build, so i4m not familiar with the issues you encounter
Last edited by argondos on Nov 4, 2013, 11:20:01 PM
Sorry, I don't understand well: With what skill you engage the fight? If Cyclone fires with a critical hit, how do you engage the fight ? With a simple attack (to search a critic strike) ?

Thank you in advance (and sorry for my english)..
After several tries... i gotta say that this build is not to recommend on HC... i have died so many times and had to start over, even in unique level 30+ gear i get 1 shot by final act bosses... maybe its possible when u get a shitload of gear.. but i never made it that far

highest i got was level 37... 6L volls...all the recommender gear, mobs killed me during a cyclone :( i had maybe 450 life at level 37, wich is waaaay to low for comfort

Its a shame cuz i really loved spinning around and blowing up everything as long as it lasted
"
allexffs88 wrote:
After several tries... i gotta say that this build is not to recommend on HC... i have died so many times and had to start over, even in unique level 30+ gear i get 1 shot by final act bosses... maybe its possible when u get a shitload of gear.. but i never made it that far

highest i got was level 37... 6L volls...all the recommender gear, mobs killed me during a cyclone :( i had maybe 450 life at level 37, wich is waaaay to low for comfort

Its a shame cuz i really loved spinning around and blowing up everything as long as it lasted

Hi allexffs88, can you tell me with which spell you engage the fight ? If Cyclone is cast with a critical strike, how you start to fight ?

Thank you
"
dragonfroid wrote:
"
allexffs88 wrote:

Hi allexffs88, can you tell me with which spell you engage the fight ? If Cyclone is cast with a critical strike, how you start to fight ?

Thank you

The spell critical weakness is used to up the chance for a critical strike. Then you cyclone into the pack and hope you crit. If you crit, you generate a Power Charge. Once you have a power charge criting becomes easier each time.

Every time you crit you have a chance to discharge one of said power charges. Dealing damage.
Last edited by Ravengaard on Nov 6, 2013, 3:14:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info