pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

Quick question: Pabrt, where is all your attack speed coming from? I can't get anywhere close to 7 APS with my gear, and I think my gear's actually not bad.
That part of the OP beneath the 1.2 stuff is outdated and I haven't gotten a round to changing it yet. My current aps is around 4.5 I think, lowered from switching to molten strike and from changing nodes on the skill tree. Attack speed is still strong, and should be even easier to get on daggers (I need to get an offhand with attack speed!)

Even though aps went down, actual total hits went up because molten strike hits a crazy number of times per activation.
Thanks for the response! That makes much more sense. Last question - do you think there's a chance of converting this into an ES build and going Low life for additional auras/damage? It seems like a relatively straighforward switching of hp points for ES points, but would be a lot more gear intensive due to the lack of natural HP gain...just wondering.
low life won't work since you can't use shavronnes, similarly ES is hard with a chest like voll's, but you could do it

would probably drop dual wield and use an ES shield

you could drop dual wield/IR, go ES low life with a chaos flask instead of CI or shavronnes. seems a little shady but it could work, maybe
wondering if those passives around +%increase critical strike chance for spells and flask effect are necessary.How about changing those to defensive passives like +max health?
Flask effect gives you 3% to all max resists, which is obviously invaluable after the max res nerf.

The spell crit/power charge arent really necessary, they're just efficient damage nodes and were nearby. I agree the build needs more life, but the changes to life nodes make it kind of hard to get more efficiently (without acuity, which would save a bunch of points which would go to life).

If you want to take a crack at a skill build with more life I'd be happy to look at it.
Options I've considered are beef/physique, written in blood cluster (i had it earlier) and moving up the left side to the templar life nodes.
Last edited by pabrt on Sep 5, 2014, 12:33:02 PM
if i only have 66 points to spend, where should I put them? do i go take vaal pact and unwavering stance first then work my up towards the witch area?
Getting life and global crit mods are best earlier on when leveling, so something like

would work okay.

Vaal pact isn't too necessary until later on, imo, and you can always grab it if you want to

IR/dual wield/revelry should come last because until then you can get away with using a shield if you want, and you won't have good uptime on your jade flask anyway.
can someone update the tree skill for molten strike discarge i rly want to try this build tnx
IGN : DEDOROGA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info