pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

"
Daddyboo wrote:
pabrt quick question.
I have tried the other discharge build and its good but its just too unpredictable to me.
can I use this build with that link set. 6 link GGGBBR ?
The other gear I can get but can it work?

I just got my 6link and colors and tried the other one. 57 to 60 and sure its great on groups but I just can't deal with the bosses. I know its just me but I can't do it.

Yeah you can use that chest. links would be: Double Strike + Cast on Crit + Faster attacks/inc accuracy + discharge + inc crit + life leech

It's not nearly as good because you swap Multistrike for faster attacks, I'd probably just reroll the colors. Getting GGBBRR took me around 40 chroms.

Also yeah this build is way better IMO than the other ones out there :P. It's more consistent in general and way, way stronger against bosses. It also has all the free flasks...
"
Shaenando wrote:

any tips on what i can change.. i can go for 25k armor with flasks on but my life is around 1.4k lol

You don't need maligaros or rat's nest or perandus signet. Get more life on all those slots (and make sure you're resist capped, need 23%)

You also need to 20% all your flasks :P
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 23, 2013, 10:15:23 PM
Taking it from the other thread (:

How do you manage reflect without Vaal Pact & Life Leech? Is simply popping a flask before engaging really enough to keep you alive?

I was looking at a build like this for nemesis:

Passive skill tree build

Idea was to go for Templar tree first for a lot of health, then towards Vaal Pact and in the end make my way up to EB and branch out from there.

Keep in mind it's for nemesis/hardcore, which means survival is top prio. I realize it is sort of a suicidal spec, which I why I'm not planning to clear 70+ maps.

I've seen a lot of builds go for IR, but unless you run Grace it feels kinda shit. Unlike a lot of other specs you don't get a lot of % increased Eva/AR nodes.
"
Girltoy69 wrote:

How do you manage reflect without Vaal Pact & Life Leech? Is simply popping a flask before engaging really enough to keep you alive?

Passive skill tree build

Idea was to go for Templar tree first for a lot of health, then towards Vaal Pact and in the end make my way up to EB and branch out from there.

Keep in mind it's for nemesis/hardcore, which means survival is top prio. I realize it is sort of a suicidal spec, which I why I'm not planning to clear 70+ maps.

I've seen a lot of builds go for IR, but unless you run Grace it feels kinda shit. Unlike a lot of other specs you don't get a lot of % increased Eva/AR nodes.

Reflect doesn't even move my HP bar unless there are 10+ high life targets. Because this build creates many smaller discharges, rather than one big one, you only take damage from reflect until they die. For smaller enemies this means that they will produce far less reflected damage than normal discharge builds.

Flasks should always be popped, the build has 100% uptime on them. Vaal pact is good, but there is usually not enough points to get there. A 20q Life Leech is extremely helpful, though, I haven't tried the build with a non quality one.

I tried going to the templar area before, but I didn't feel it was worth the amount of points spent. Going down to iron reflexes provides a lot more benefits vs. points spent (especially because of IR itself).

This spec is nowhere near suicidal, I can easily clear 70+ maps. Only thing I've died to recently was a map dominus with +130% damage and 30% speed. But those specific mods are easily rerollable if you know dom is the boss beforehand.

IR is good because there is room to run Grace, but also because you can have a permanent Jade flask of Evasion. This gives you around 53k armor without investing in nearly any ar/ev nodes.

I would like to see a tanky version without the use of flask all the time.
If you are critting this much, there is no reason to not use resist/armor flasks.
"
pabrt wrote:
"
Girltoy69 wrote:

Passive skill tree build

Reflect doesn't even move my HP bar unless there are 10+ high life targets. Because this build creates many smaller discharges, rather than one big one, you only take damage from reflect until they die. For smaller enemies this means that they will produce far less reflected damage than normal discharge builds.

Flasks should always be popped, the build has 100% uptime on them. Vaal pact is good, but there is usually not enough points to get there. A 20q Life Leech is extremely helpful, though, I haven't tried the build with a non quality one.

I tried going to the templar area before, but I didn't feel it was worth the amount of points spent. Going down to iron reflexes provides a lot more benefits vs. points spent (especially because of IR itself).

This spec is nowhere near suicidal, I can easily clear 70+ maps. Only thing I've died to recently was a map dominus with +130% damage and 30% speed. But those specific mods are easily rerollable if you know dom is the boss beforehand.

IR is good because there is room to run Grace, but also because you can have a permanent Jade flask of Evasion. This gives you around 53k armor without investing in nearly any ar/ev nodes.

Hmm I'm gonna give it a go and see what's up. How do you suggest skilling as I level up? I wont have a Magnate belt by the way, will it still be possible? I realized another problem with the other builds; I'm gonna need 100+ Dex to support the skill gems, where as the build nettet zero Dex. That's a lot of Dex from gear alone.
I would not suggest the build if you do not have access to a Magnate. When leveling, use spectral throw or a facebreaker build. You need to get dex on your gear (as you can see in the OP on my gear). There's also some from going to dual wielding.
ok I picked up a 5L to try this with..its 6 socket but I used all that stuff to make the six for the other one lol

anyway I am working on it.

couple of questions.
when do you use 2 daggers and when do you use dagger and shield?
how/when do you cast grace and determination? both are 50% reserve so you can't use both can you? I have both with reduced mana and still shows 0 mana after casting
Last edited by Daddyboo on Nov 24, 2013, 5:05:23 AM
"
Daddyboo wrote:
ok I picked up a 5L to try this with..its 6 socket but I used all that stuff to make the six for the other one lol

anyway I am working on it.

couple of questions.
when do you use 2 daggers and when do you use dagger and shield?
how/when do you cast grace and determination? both are 50% reserve so you can't use both can you? I have both with reduced mana and still shows 0 mana after casting
1. I dual wield
. If you don't have a prismatic eclipse or the dual wield nodes, use a shield. But if you have the dual wield nodes and no prismatic eclipse, use an offhand dagger with high global crit and other global mods (ungil's gauche is a cheap item to use).

2. I am able to cast both with this level of reduced mana. If you can't afford the mana cost you can easily drop one aura until a higher level since a lot of armor comes from granite + jade.
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 24, 2013, 5:16:47 AM
thanks for the help.
My reduced mana is at 83% level 7 I found a level 11 on another chr so I will swap it out.

I forgot to say I am only level 60 so I don't have all the nodes yet.
I had 26 regret on the other build so I hope I am picking the right ones to respec.

Last edited by Daddyboo on Nov 24, 2013, 8:43:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info