Hardcore is not so hardcore?

Hardcore is too easy anyway, there should be a ~2 second delay for alt+F4.

Don't understand why people are dying at all in HC even imba desycn won't get you if you pay attention.
"
Imbalanxd wrote:
"
Firderis wrote:
"
khroness wrote:
hardcore should not have safety net.. perma dead like d3 is the best.

It's simple: just delete your character. And you have a perma death. But why do you wanna change it, when you can decide for yourself what happens to your char? Why take away others ther decision?

I don't see the point.

The decision was made when the player decided to play in a league called hardcore. They signed away their power of choice by doing so.

And they don't have all the choices, so what? They can't for example, choose if they wanna stay after death in the HC-league :)

If you wanna have the thrill of a permadeath, ask the devs if they can make a marker or so, where you can chose for yourself you wanna have permadeath or not. But the desicion itself should be done by everybody for themself. I had in my past always problem to play with my friends, in reason I love HC, and they hate permadeath. So...now it's seems we can have both from both worlds :)
Last edited by Firderis on Jan 2, 2013, 5:44:16 AM
I suppose moving the character to default league is just a way to pad the hardcore stats in a way, though I have no idea why they would want to.

It is true that without the moving to default league thing, I would never have made a hardcore character. On the other hand, the experience was far less engrossing because of it.
Why not make two modes of hardcore?

Rules are meant to be broken, unnoticed
I agree, one with ~2s alt/f4 timer and one without. However the easy hardcore mode should have something like a counter of how many times you dieD during a period of 2s after loging out.
Last edited by Edxild on Jan 2, 2013, 7:54:30 AM
There's another reason, for even the most hardcore of players, that the transition to default is a good thing. It means that you can test builds which may or may not actually be successful on hardcore, and if you do end up dying (perhaps to lag) before figuring out whether what you were testing actually works or not, you can complete your experiment in default (and perhaps decide on some changes), before rerolling. If you don't die, of course, you have a successful hardcore character at the end of your experiment, and you'll probably have no use for the character in default if it ever dies, so you can just delete it then.
"
Imbalanxd wrote:
"
Salogel wrote:
I think it's a win-win-win situation, personally.

This phrase right here sums up the entire problem with POE's "hardcore".

Hardcore is NOT supposed to be win-win. You want no consequence gaming, then you play default. The fact that the hardcore mode of this game is so forgiving is exactly the problem that I think needs addressing.

If you die in hardcore, you get removed from hardcore. How is that forgiving or nonconsequential?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jan 2, 2013, 8:08:40 AM
Since when is death final? Even in RL it is doubtful that death is final. Perhaps when we die we will also be transferred to some default world in which death will only result in some memory loss.

And how hardcore is hardcore? Do I live my life more hardcore if I basejump or do some other extreme sport instead of playing PoE 16 hours a day in hardcore mode? And what if I basejump and play PoE on default......am I still hardcore?

My point is that this is a pointless discussion.

... Usually I'm okay, but I struggle to understand how that even relates to the thread.

Nobody's talking about real life here, they're talking about wanting a challenge in the game they play. Admittedly, I think the challenge is still very much there, and this is more an argument for 'I don't want to have to delete the character. It should be deleted for me'. Exactly the same difference.

If you really want to go hardcore. Do that, and don't use the stash either. I mean, what's hardcore about twinking your newest build? Most other games with hardcore mode I've seen disable the shared stash, Path of Exile doesn't. And people aren't moaning about that for a second.

No, better to moan about the thing that doesn't hinder your 'hardcore' at all.
"Unless I'm Wrong"
----------------------------------------
Lahni ~ Sihane ~ Enywe
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Imbalanxd wrote:
"
Salogel wrote:
I think it's a win-win-win situation, personally.

This phrase right here sums up the entire problem with POE's "hardcore".

Hardcore is NOT supposed to be win-win. You want no consequence gaming, then you play default. The fact that the hardcore mode of this game is so forgiving is exactly the problem that I think needs addressing.

If you die in hardcore, you get removed from hardcore. How is that forgiving or nonconsequential?

There's nothing more to it. The end result is exactly the same as in D2:
Your character and his/her items are no longer in HC league, and you have to create a new character.

Having said that, an option to "graveyard" your character might not be so stupid. Giving a player the option to have his/her character immortalized in a player graveyard or something.
Last edited by Scully on Jan 2, 2013, 9:45:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info