Hardcore is not so hardcore?

"
Xendran wrote:
"
Zheskar wrote:
Please remove "transition" to softcore league after death.
It is not hardcore. Even casual diablo 3 got true hardcore.
HC means permadeath, why are you giving indulgence to people who doesn't want it?
We are playing for adrenalin which is fueled by idea of loss. And now we don't have loss, we can't lose our beloved character...

Would you honestly play an HC character that died? If so, it's you that isn't hardcore enough, not the game.

I start all my characters in Hardcore just to see how far they can get.

When they die I still consider it a lose but then often I want to keep playing.

Don't worry though. I still feel like a failure in life and gaming when I die, if that is what you want me to feel.

But I still want to play my guy after.
"
anubite wrote:
The devs have explained why this mechanism exists and it's to encourage new players to try out HC. It's also harmless to people who only play HC. The impact is still there on death. It doesn't make it any less fun or scary, with the fact default awaits you with open arms.

Yeah, but I can't remember where that thread is :P
Sweeping Maid

Agreed. Not be because it takes a second out of the way, but because making the choice to bury your fallen exile sounds badass.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Oct 10, 2012, 5:19:10 PM
"
Neokolzia wrote:
just delete the bloody character if you feel that bad about it =x

Agreed - I would not have even tried HC except for the SC "escape"; now I only play HC plus I don't do SC anymore. I would not have even tried it with out the initial safety net. Surprisingly enough I have only played a "dead" character once and that was for about 5 minutes.
Just to put my voice into that thing, i personally think that the death in hc should not bring back to softcore. This has been discussed a lot so it's just to point my own views here, but the main problems for me in that are :

* I cannot keep my dead chars when they are dead - just for the record you know - since they are obnoxiously merged with the default league. I just end up deleting them since anyway, could have achieved the same char in SC, i guess.

* When you die, you have therefore to go back to login, take the char again to remove it.

I would like an option like in D3 (actually the only thing or near they made properly in that game...), to be able to permanently move the character into a pantheon, and where it cannot be played anymore but kept for archives and brag (even self-brag :p )

Why not a league option, eventually ?

That's it.

P.S. No need to tell me that i "should do this or that". I know what i do and want :)
Last edited by DarkyPupu on Oct 18, 2012, 7:32:59 AM
Instead of creating a new thread decided to post in a older one.

While I do not like the upon death you go to softcore, I understand the resoning BUT can we just have the option on release? I rather have some sort of ghost instead.

Most actual Hardcore members will just delete their character upon death but it kinda sucks just to delete all that game play away with nothing to show for the time and effort.

Some sort of archives atleast will be nice for personal reasons or bragging reasons.

"
If anything it's more hardcore. Not only does your character die, you have to then kill it again yourself.

Seems legit.
"
HumanTension wrote:
Instead of creating a new thread decided to post in a older one.

While I do not like the upon death you go to softcore, I understand the resoning BUT can we just have the option on release? I rather have some sort of ghost instead.

Most actual Hardcore members will just delete their character upon death but it kinda sucks just to delete all that game play away with nothing to show for the time and effort.

Some sort of archives atleast will be nice for personal reasons or bragging reasons.

If you need a "ghost" just use Default as your Graveyard.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
"
anubite wrote:
The devs have explained why this mechanism exists and it's to encourage new players to try out HC. It's also harmless to people who only play HC. The impact is still there on death. It doesn't make it any less fun or scary, with the fact default awaits you with open arms.

This is what confuses me so much. It seems like the devs and even the community embraces difficult usability issues with open arms, and shuns any suggestions which improve quality of life. Fair enough. Some games go for that feel.

But then hardcore mode comes along, where the game has absolutely no obligation to hold the players hand, and all of a sudden the devs want to nurture the player and encourage them and make things fun and sunny.

I don't get it.
It's HARDcore for a reason. If you die, the character should become a ghost or something and become unplayable.

None of this switch to Default crap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info