Hardcore is not so hardcore?

If you die, delete your char. Its simple. Most delete their chars when they die anyway..except for the people who were just trying out hardcore to see if they liked it. Which is the main goal..to get ppl to try hardcore to see if they like it.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
"
Secksy wrote:
If you die, delete your char. Its simple. Most delete their chars when they die anyway..except for the people who were just trying out hardcore to see if they liked it. Which is the main goal..to get ppl to try hardcore to see if they like it.

Heres a recap of my first death experienced in hardcore.

"Oh no, I'm dead! What ghoulish thing is about to appear on my screen, alerting me to my demise?!"
*respawn in town, with essentially no noteworthy alert that anything different happened in comparison to a death in default*
"Did I die? Do I get another go? Whats going on... Was I not playing hardcore?"
*Continue to play the game as if absolutely nothing has changed*
I thought this was a great difference between the hardcore in this game and the hardcore in D3. The fact you can still play your character and use it for testing or simply enjoyment after you die in HC is brilliant. Though I only play HC, I love how I still have that ability to play the char if I die if I wanted to.
I have a different point of view on this.

HC league is HC, and those who play it don'T care about default and thats fine. So when character moves there, who cares?

But still, me for example would never even try HC league, shouldnt I know that when I die, I can continue playing my character. But then, I found the spell of HC and I am trying to play only HC.

But still I would never got there if characters dont move to default.

And for those in HC, only characters actually playing HC means something, why should I care if there is same character in default now?
IGN: Mayon
__________________________________________________________________________________
Never argue with stupid people,
they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Mark Twain
I think it's a win-win-win situation, personally.

For the truly hardcore, when you die, there's no way in hell you're going to play your character in default, are you? I know I don't, I haven't killed a single mob in default after a death in hardcore.

For the people who love the idea of a hardcore experience but get attached to a certain character and would love to keep playing it, albeit in a less exciting stage, that option's available too. Sure, they'l be crazily disappointed with themselves for dying in the first place, but once they get over that, they'll be more than happy to continue their path in default. Also, those who simply want the excitement of hardcore for as long as possible before their inevitable death are happy too, especially those with less-than-trustworthy connections, and/or if there're server issues which I'm sure there will be.

And for those who just want to give it a shot for fun, they still get their little taste of excitement before they die and are transferred to default. This can apply to anyone really, but usually your casual couple of hours a week player.

I can't really see a problem with it at all, especially since (obviously) your hardcore stash remains in hardcore.
Last edited by Salogel on Jan 2, 2013, 4:08:33 AM
"
Salogel wrote:
I think it's a win-win-win situation, personally.

This phrase right here sums up the entire problem with POE's "hardcore".

Hardcore is NOT supposed to be win-win. You want no consequence gaming, then you play default. The fact that the hardcore mode of this game is so forgiving is exactly the problem that I think needs addressing.
Copy to default is harmless.

Those who are dedicated to HC end up deleting all their dead HC characters.

This.

IGN QDuffQ
hardcore should not have safety net.. perma dead like d3 is the best.
Last edited by khroness on Jan 2, 2013, 4:45:52 AM
"
khroness wrote:

It's simple: just delete your character. And you have a perma death. But why do you wanna change it, when you can decide for yourself what happens to your char? Why take away others ther decision?

I don't see the point.
"
Firderis wrote:
"
khroness wrote:

It's simple: just delete your character. And you have a perma death. But why do you wanna change it, when you can decide for yourself what happens to your char? Why take away others ther decision?

I don't see the point.

The decision was made when the player decided to play in a league called hardcore. They signed away their power of choice by doing so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info