All d3 fanboys wanting AH, Blizzard shutting AH down

Im aware f2p is a way to get people to make money. I've given over 500. Im aware.

If you dont think blizzard did the math, and say figured out that removing both AH would get more people to come back and PAY 30 bucks, or whatever, for an exp pack. You're in denial. They are a publicly traded company. Whatever nets them the most profit is whats best for business.

Guaranteed someone ran the numbers of the money made from AH vs potential increase in money made from exp packs being sold to people who would come back because it was gone.

Edit. And while I doubt they made a lot of money from selling gold. I know they made some. Hell, they even increased the max purchase possible. So people were using it.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Sep 18, 2013, 8:03:39 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

If you dont think blizzard did the math, and say figured out that removing both AH would get more people to come back and PAY 30 bucks, or whatever, for an exp pack. You're in denial. They are a publicly traded company. Whatever nets them the most profit is whats best for business.

Who is denying that? I just don't see what wrong with it!
It's not a bad thing. Blizz is maximizing profits by removing a bad element from their game. How can that possibly be a reason to hate them? You are being absolutely ridiculous.
I dont hate them for it. I applaud their business model. But heres the thing, I applaud the business model. Not their gamer model. They took my money, gave me crap, lied to me about why it was crap, and now want my money again.

No thanks.

I do hope the game turns out great, but im done with them. After all, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice. Shame on me.
"
AnaLoGMunKy wrote:

Repeat this to yourself and think about what you are saying.

Free to play implies microtransactions.

"
AnaLoGMunKy wrote:

I do expect they see F2P as a good business model but it only works if they release a quality game, which they are. Yes, Im a Fanboi, i used to be a Bliz fanboi, Im also a Valve fanboi. Being a fanboi doesnt blind everyone of bad company ethics and practices. Many people also dont pay anything to GGG for playing this game. You DO, however, pay Blizzard, regardless of what you later think of the game.

You are still deluded.
GGGs plan is to maintain and patch the game for 10 years. For that F2P makes alot of sense. It's a calculated choice to maximize profits.

"
AnaLoGMunKy wrote:

I prefer the F2P with no P2W business model and I expect we will see more in the future because it leave the choice and power to the buyer and removes many problems like hype, problems that Blizzard used, and still use, to pull in willing sucke... cough, I mean "customers".

The fact that you think that it's such a great system should really make it quite clear to you that it will maximize their profits.
"
Sickness wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Who is denying that? I just don't see what wrong with it!
It's not a bad thing. Blizz is maximizing profits by removing a bad element from their game. How can that possibly be a reason to hate them? You are being absolutely ridiculous.

its bad because they had the rmah to maximize profits in the first place. Which they did. And pissed me off in the process. Im not going to give them more money, because they removed it.
If you take someone hostage and release him later on you still get prosecuted for the act. They won't forget that you took someone hostage just because set him free again.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Sep 18, 2013, 8:28:02 AM
am i the only one who thinks that GGG is putting in (hundreds of)thousands of hours to develop a game with complex mechanics because those are indeed complex and not because GGG is incompetent?

expecting blizzard to do the same on a short notice is just so wrong:
-we know that blizzard north is gone.
-we know that the current developers have proved incompetent of delivering an appealing product. ¨fanboys¨ are leaving the game because it´s merely a dumbed down version of it´s past glory with improved graphics.
-we know that there haven´t been any major changes in the D3 team, apart from Jay Wilson leaving, after becoming the most hated man in gaming history.
-we know that the current developers have failed to deliver the promised pvp mode.

hence if we assume that incompetence doesn´t pass overnight, we can assume that the D3 expansion will not be able to deliver D2 style items. not even if they copied them from D2. we can assume that D3 is years behind POE in terms of itemization and build diversity. and we should assume that the D3 expansion will not compare with LOD or our free game.
SL4YER i usually agree with you. But now.. meh.

"They made a crap ton of money, while lying to the players about the purpose of the AH."

If you didn't know that from the beginning, with out anyone from the blizztard team to point it out, you must either be 10 years old or just... well.. stupid?

Sure, i can get why you are mad. But i really think they will just take down the AH due to one more thing then just because people want it / new loot system. Maintenance. Wonder how many posts they get a day thats whine about ah, fail auctions and so on. And how much work they need to put up with because, of the GAH and RMAH. And with the current number of players, I don't think they really make a profit on it.

I'm not sure how people can be so blind. I mean, the only thing GGG doesn't do is earning money on the current system that they have. I frankly don't care if they make money on a game on a other way then just the initial buy. I mean, fuck it. I didn't play diablo 3 for long nor have i played PoE for a long time. I'm tired of snipping. So god damn tired. Why should i spend hours and hours in the game with no profit at all while i can earn lots with just trading?

I want to play the game to progress and get better loot, not to trade with inbreds every time my hero can't progress due to something it lacks. It's a shitty system and you know it.

But i will probably not change your attitude towards blizzard and frankly i don't care. Just sad to see a person that usually has reason looks at this in black and white.

When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
Last edited by Xpire on Sep 18, 2013, 10:31:13 AM
"
Midnitecloud wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This may be evidence that Blizzard is taking GGG seriously.

It's much simpler than that. Blizzard made a calculated decision that if they cut the AH they would raise the sales of the expansion. A lot of people will look at the changes and decide the want to try the expansion thus making even more profit. I doubt they even care what GGG does, or else they would know that not having a good trading system will piss off a lot of people.

This is the most worthwhile post in such discussions. It's a call from marketing and finance guys ultimately. People also forgets running an AH (specially an RMAH which is the one which generates revenue) has a high cost (legally and technically). The expected revenue while maintaining the RMAH is terrible, removing it will hype the expansion and increase sales by orders of magnitude.

Without an RMAH there is no financial reason for the GAH to exist, and you will increase sales with features like Loot 2.0 (making the game more enjoyable for a big part of the potential player base) couple with a removal of the GAH (which as a big effect on player's expectations and perception, and ultimately the gameplay experience).
Xpire. Im mad at what they did, not what they're doing. Is it a good step forward? Yes. But at the exact same time, it doesnt sit right with me.

Knowing that they purposefully made a product worse, is just wrong.

Ive known this bs all along. Well, the reason for the rmah. Not that they would take it down latter obviously. I just think giving them more money is wrong. Its incentivizing their behavior.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info