All d3 fanboys wanting AH, Blizzard shutting AH down

I'm not sure I understand all this hype about this 'loot 2.0' corrrectly. Better drops, more upgrades? If your progress is a graph, it will only shift your progress to the right until it hits another plateau then you algoQQwhinebots will start to QQ again about the lack of upgrades. The AH in D3 accelerated this upgrade progression due to its extreme efficiency in matching buyers and sellers. Pretty much short circuited the upgrade progression process.

I don't play D3 (waiting for D3+ROS Battlechest, like I do with other Bliz products), but I heard about a gearcheck/cliff where you can't progress in InfernoA3, with IA2 gear, forcing people into the AH. So from this standpoint hopefully this L2.0 thing would make much better sense.

In this day and age of ADHD, no attention span, instant gratification me-so-special mentality, D3 has already exploited this market, time to move on to exploit the hopefuls that remain.

Similarly, the 3rd party trading systems that popped up to streamline trading in POE also help shift this upgrade curve but to a lesser extent.

Hence all these trading simulator qq crap. I'm a bit surprise about the ignorance of this process from these algoQQwhinebots.

I'm hoping GGG will introduce a new MF mod "increase % chance of dropping an item relevant to your class". Hopefully this would help us self found farmer-crafters who hate trading.

Also when all these algoD3whinebots return to D3, I'm optimistic the forums will return to some semblance of its state in CB...until full release hits, although I'm not expecting a big surge in population on Full release anyway.

Addit:
Lol, just saw the video and they used the 'short-circuit' phrase as well.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Last edited by THEHORNEDRAT on Sep 18, 2013, 12:55:13 PM
End of AH in D3 means THE END for PoE.
"
Sickness wrote:
Free to play implies microtransactions.

Yes I think your right. It also implies P2W. Which this isn't. There is a choice to pay that most other F2P games dont give.

"
Sickness wrote:

You are still deluded.
GGGs plan is to maintain and patch the game for 10 years. For that F2P makes alot of sense. It's a calculated choice to maximize profits.

Im not sure how you justify calling me deluded. Your having a hard time formulating any good arguments.

Blizzards plan is to maintain and patch the game and for an over the counter game (which they threatened to charge a subscription for) it makes sense. What your saying about the GGG model doesnt prove... well, Im not sure WHAT your saying really. That Blizzard isnt all that bad?

"
Sickness wrote:

The fact that you think that it's such a great system should really make it quite clear to you that it will maximize their profits.

Yes, its clear it will maximise their profits. Its not just that I think its a great system, it really is. It has flaws that strain under the weight of the hardcore gamers, like any game in existence. But if the game was shit, then I would not be playing it, F2P or not.

What I hope I make clear this time, and as others have said: The way Blizzard went about things, and the way GGG went about things, gained GGG respect, and lost Blizzard respect.

"
Blizzard3 wrote:
End of AH in D3 means THE END for PoE.

Sorry buddy, you seem to have mispelled your name, you must have not pressed shift, here let me correct you... Blizzard£
I make music, you can listen and dl for free at https://analogmunky.bandcamp.com/music or https://soundcloud.com/analogmunky/tracks
Oh how easily people forget how they were mistreated.

Blizzard will continue to make money. I will remember my disinterest in Diablo III and project that on future endeavors; opposite of when they were doing well.

Company does not deserve respect. Respect has to be earned. Moniker to suit your present state.
Last edited by Malpheas on Sep 18, 2013, 2:05:03 PM
"
Malpheas wrote:
Oh how easily people forget how they were mistreated.

Mistreated? Please speak for yourself rather than stating that as a fact.

Me and my buddies got a shitloead of fun out of D3, far above what one expects for a 50 euro game. I even got my money back through the rmah. So thanks for free entertainment blizz :>
[quote="Ludvator"]yes GGG fix lightspeed or i quit[/quote]
Last edited by skinnay on Jan 12, 2015, 8:39:48 AM
"
skinnay wrote:
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:

I'm hoping GGG will introduce a new MF mod "increase % chance of dropping an item relevant to your class". Hopefully this would help us self found farmer-crafters who hate trading.

sorry.....what?? do you know how classes in this game work? You say you don't play D3, do you play POE either? Why are you in this thread or on this website?

he does, do you? he probably refers to "i play poe, i'm so hardcore, sporkin ftw, stack iiq/iir"
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
Anelit wrote:
Mistreated? Please speak for yourself rather than stating that as a fact.

Me and my buddies got a shitloead of fun out of D3, far above what one expects for a 50 euro game. I even got my money back through the rmah. So thanks for free entertainment blizz :>

The statement is fact; whether that applies to what Blizzard has done to it's customers is entirely relational to the person reading it. I happened to enjoy Diablo III. While I did not use the RMAH because I just did not have interest in using it, I left the game because it's longevity was hurt due to lack of good itemization and choice when building a character.

The fact is this: A people tend to forget an event whether good or bad, given enough time and/or new generations of a people. I chose to use the word "Mistreated" because I have had good conversation with a fair number of people online whom feel the same way.

Regarding your "free" entertainment, no it was not. You made money equal to your intial investment. You had to pay to play the game and you invested your time as well.

i dont think ive seen the word "fanboy" this much since the last exodus of d3 players on bnet lol.

they shit all over that place while leaving...now they shit all over this place scrambling to throw more money at D3...priceless.

~SotW HC Guild~

Last edited by scorpitron on Sep 18, 2013, 4:04:34 PM
Fanboys from both sides i reckon. I don't care for the brand or if they made the game out of dead babies, i want a good game. If neither can deliver I wont play their game. Easy as that.

And Diablo actually are heading in the right direction from what I've read what they will add to the game. If they just add them into the game with no screw up.. I will be happy to buy their expansion.

And SL4YER, yeah.. I've been where you @ aswell. But when the current ARPGS can't deliver me a game that gives me an social and a rewarding game for the actual time spent.. :) I don't want to play a trading simulator. I want to play the game and get rewarded for my hours spent. Not my hours snipping items or doing some quick stuff on the ah.

P.S I'm currently on repeat. I think I've written trading simulator 10000 times today only.
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
Last edited by Xpire on Sep 18, 2013, 5:05:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info