All d3 fanboys wanting AH, Blizzard shutting AH down

I see the AH as an experiment. It failed, so now they know. What is there to cry about?
The AH could have been amazing for the game, there was just no way to know for sure without testing it (and no, your opinion that it would be bad is not evidence or proof).
It wasn't an experiment, it was a dickmove. Blizzard (Jay Wilson/Vivendi) figured with an existing AH it would be too easy to outfit your char. So they adjusted the droprates accordingly, effectively making the AH a necessity for millions of players (the ones not being happy with countless hours of fruitless grinding).

The introduction of the RMAH is completely unrelated to that of course and solely for the benefit of players who just don't have that much time.
No way in hell they were trying to establish a base of hundreds of thousands of players spending money on gear which for the life of them they couldn't get to drop ingame.
Last edited by Jojas on Sep 20, 2013, 8:02:16 AM
"
Jojas wrote:
It wasn't an experiment, it was a dickmove. Blizzard (Jay Wilson/Vivendi) figured with an existing AH it would be too easy to outfit your char. So they adjusted the droprates accordingly, effectively making the AH a necessity for millions of players (the ones not being happy with countless hours of fruitless grinding).

The introduction of the RMAH is completely unrelated to that of course and solely for the benefit of players who just don't have that much time.
No way in hell they were trying to establish a base of hundreds of thousands of players spending money on gear which for the life of them they couldn't get to drop ingame.

actually, they just wanted a slice of the real money trading market.
I believe they didn't want a slice the wanted to swallow it whole.
"
Anelit wrote:
I got exactly what i wnated, hundreds of hours of entertainment (or payment as you refer to it) and got my monestary investment back 100%.

Anyways i am a Happy ARPG fan, with release in PoE shortly and ladders/endgame/Loot 2.0 etc in D3 the future looks indeed bright as a fan of the genre :)

Agree! Also, I am a happy fan as well. I've gone and invested money in to Grim Dawn because I enjoyed Titan Quest so much, with all it's cuts and bruises.

I played about a hundred hours of D3 and was as frustrated by the drops as I am in PoE. I've got no special attachment to either game.

Good time to be in to ARPG, now that we're getting a truckload of attention.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info