All d3 fanboys wanting AH, Blizzard shutting AH down

"
Malpheas wrote:
"
Anelit wrote:
"
Malpheas wrote:
Regarding your "free" entertainment, no it was not. You made money equal to your intial investment. You had to pay to play the game and you invested your time as well.

Wait did you just say i actually did pay for the game cause i invested TIME in it? o_0
That logic blows my brain...Having fun spending time in a game is actually a payment eh? *BrainExplodes*

That isn't what I said. Perhaps I should have included investing time in an object / objective / activity as a separate sentence.

You are welcome, however, to keep misunderstanding what I post. It is a useful endeavor, it seems, to you.

That time would have been invested in anything, be it looking at a wall instead, i did infact not "Pay" to play by investing my time into it.
I got exactly what i wnated, hundreds of hours of entertainment (or payment as you refer to it) and got my monestary investment back 100%.

Anyways i am a Happy ARPG fan, with release in PoE shortly and ladders/endgame/Loot 2.0 etc in D3 the future looks indeed bright as a fan of the genre :)
[quote="Ludvator"]yes GGG fix lightspeed or i quit[/quote]
Last edited by skinnay on Jan 12, 2015, 8:39:38 AM
So many jimmies are being rustled all over the internet everyday about such trivial matters.

It's a crime to love both games, D3 forums will tell you to gtfo, PoE forums will tell you to gtfo.

But uh, +1 on AH Removal, as long as they replace it with a better trading system then what they have behind the AH right now because it sucks.
Kinda funny how much a multi billion dollar company botched their trade screen. And an indie game didnt.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Kinda funny how much a multi billion dollar company botched their trade screen. And an indie game didnt.

It's not "kinda funny" at all.

GGG made a Trade-Simulator aRPG (tm), with primitive tools to make trading - difficult - and very little has or will change from CB>OB>Release.

It's not broken, because that's the way they planned it, and they are staying the course.

Blizzard on the other hand is undoing their mistake, and creating an environment that will be able to support a completely different play-style.

apples & fucking oranges
Last edited by DijiGo on Sep 20, 2013, 1:33:02 AM
WOOOOSH. Read what I actually wrote. The TRADE SCREEN. Blizzards had more holes than swiss cheese.

And to them, the AH wasnt a mistake. They made money off of it. And they're going to make even more by bringing people back and selling them an exp pack.

Edit. And poe primitive tools as you put it, are still better than d3s original. Or did you forget the MASSIVE amount if problems theirs had.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Sep 20, 2013, 1:47:52 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
WOOOOSH. Read what I actually wrote. The TRADE SCREEN. Blizzards had more holes than swiss cheese.

And to them, the AH wasnt a mistake. They made money off of it. And they're going to make even more by bringing people back and selling them an exp pack.

Edit. And poe primitive tools as you put it, are still better than d3s original. Or did you forget the MASSIVE amount if problems theirs had.

Fair enough, I thought you were using the word to describe the AH system as a whole. Wouldn't have bothered responding if I had taken the word literally.

I could have said "changing direction" instead of "undoing their mistake", the outcome is the same - and I find no intrinsic value in pointing out that companies make decisions to make money, or even change their minds when old decisions are no longer making money.
It's obvious that D3 was designed for mass-appeal AND designed under the assumption that the masses are dumb and easy to seduce. That they thought they just need to get them hooked by way of exploiting people's instincts (hunting and gathering) and their weaknesses like their greed and the drive to compare themselves to others.

To not make it seem so dismal they made it nice and colourful and added lots of flashy stuff.

The only thing they forgot to make was a game.

So now they're rowing back: "There must be ONE way to catch'em! There MUST!"
"
DijiGo wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

It's not "kinda funny" at all.

GGG made a Trade-Simulator aRPG (tm), with primitive tools to make trading - difficult - and very little has or will change from CB>OB>Release.

It's not broken, because that's the way they planned it, and they are staying the course.

Blizzard on the other hand is undoing their mistake, and creating an environment that will be able to support a completely different play-style.

apples & fucking oranges

So you been to the Future?

Also, what's your opinoin on this:

"
Trading at the moment is a bit too annoying than it should be. Any chance of an actual auction house or a separate platform which can help players purchase and sell equipment more easily? That said I know I would love a mailbox delivery system.

Brian Weissman: Trading can be a bit tough right now because all of the systems involving trade are still pretty new. We didn’t even have formal player to player trading in the game for most of the Closed Beta period! With that said, there are many big improvements coming.

The biggest aid will be the ability to execute trades through the website. Additionally, players will be able to put items into a public stash, that others players can browse and make offers on.

This should cut down on the amount of spam in the trade channels, while streamlining the entire trading process. We have no intention of ever implementing a formal auction house, because we feel that it runs counter to the fundamental motivations of a loot-based ARPG with no gold-based currency.

Read more: http://segmentnext.com/2013/03/21/path-of-exile-interview/#ixzz2fPm8kuVI

“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Sep 20, 2013, 3:14:52 AM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

So you been to the Future?

Also, what's your opinoin on this:

Regarding those changes, I see them as windows dressing; trolling through bazaars in-game (a la FFXI) or bidding/haggling via a web interface, it's all the same to me. For the record, I've never asked for an AH in PoE either; I have little to no interest in trading in aRPGs.

The post that you quoted was based on a misunderstanding, and I said so in my reply to Slayer. I thought he was making an argument about failed economy design decisions, not UI/Tools.

Anyway, I'm only interested in playing self-found, and will choose whichever game supports that play style better, as long as it's "fun" of course.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info