The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

"
Teenpany wrote:
Is this build viable for Hardcore/Nemesis league?

No, I would not recommend it. It is a fun build but since auras were nerfed the survivability isn't there.
Hey,

i have some questions on this build:

- which CwDt-set do you use, besides the one on the first page ?
(should every build use 2 sets ?)

- i dont understand how, when (and why) to switch from BM to mana.
Is it just for the Auras ? Do you link a BM gem then ?
would appreciate if someone could explain this to me

regards,
hektor
First build I've followed after making the mistake of wandering randomly through the skill tree on my first char. This is awesome! So many exploding mobs, it fills me with joy. Bit worried about ditching Blood Magic (only lvl 54 atm) but I'm trusting you that it's a wise move. Finding this to be a little fragile at times as others have said, and Leap Slam can be a bit erratic too (spookily the same as WoW's Heroic Leap). This has been great fun though - Thanks for putting all the effort into the guide, much appreciated :)
what do you think about taking the avatar of fire node
"
ZiggyD wrote:
How to Deal with Reflect

Reflect is only dangerous with this build if you don't know how to deal with it.

This passage means, you have to accept occasionally deaths coming from overlooked reflect.
It doesnt really speak for this build.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
Last edited by bersi23 on Jan 23, 2014, 11:49:46 AM
Awesome build, it's the best feeling when you make the whole screen explode :D

I'm trying out a few changes and have some questions:

1. I'm using culling strike as the 5th gem linked with IB. I feel that this makes triggering an IB explosion chain easier, and it adds some nice dmg/attack speed bonus at 20/20 also, but I'm not really sure. Does this seem as a viable idea, or would I make a better use of weapon ele dmg/added fire dmg? Does CS even work with the IB explosion? (Does the mob die instantly if the IB explosion decreases it's life below 10%?)

2. OP mentions "it may be worth running a high level CoDT with Enduring cry + Immortal Call and Increased Duration". I'm experimenting with this setup, however I'm running a bit low on int, so a lvl 11 CoDT is the highest available for me. Is it worth trying, or should I aim for more int on gear?
I'm really having fun with this build, though I am only at around 6.5k dps with a rare 318 dps mace bought for only 3 chaos.

These are my current gears.

Does having a Marohi Erqi mace makes a big difference though, in the effectiveness of this build? Compared to a normal mace with high dps.

Also, there a 150% mana multiplier cost to the level 15 increased area of effect on Marohi isn't it? Won't this make mana management more tricky.

Currently, I can run clarity, hatred and vitality aura and spam my infernal blow(mana cost 58 and attack speed is 3.13, my gloves has 2% mana leech which helps alot). Now I'm at the stage where I want to improve on my gear and dps so am deciding whether Marohi mace is worth the price.

Tnx for sharing this nice build with us! Not sure if you are still following the thread, but perhaps someone else could answer my doubt (I did not go through all the pages, sry if it has already been answered):

In the end do you use or not the IR/Grace combo? Im trying not to do that, otherwise Id rather just switch my main attack from double strike to infernal blow in another char that I have (kinda hgher lvl already). Tnx!
IGN: ThaPendulum
I went ahead and bought a Marohi Erqi and it turns out great. Loving the power of this mace and it seems that I can still sustain the slight mana cost increase.

Another thing to note is that I tried putting Endurance Charge on Melee Stun onto my Infernal Blow setup, instead of my usual life leech. And this setup works awesome. I am able to sustain full 7 endurance charge much easier than when the gem is on the leap slam links.

This made me feel much tankier as a result, because the 7 charges is always up as you plow away at the mobs, and when I take a slightly more damage, I get immortal call autocast when damaged with long duration. Loving this setup at the moment.

Below is my link setup at the moment, for Infernal Blow and the Immortal Call cast when damaged on boots. The Endurance Charge on Melee Stun is swapped with the life leech on my leap slam setup. Cast when damage taken is at level 12.
Spoiler
Do you really need bloog magic on lower levels? I remember when i try this build a long time ago, bloodmagic always killsme.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info