The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

Great guide ZiggyD

I actually went with a very similar build, except because I went with a 6L Eraqi, I went with Faster Attacks and there's no way I can drop Blood Magic with the insane attack speed (I get 10% from gear alone)and my dps is just over 21k unbuffed @ 78

I still need gear, my Life and Armor are in the 4k range, I'm hoping to get them to 5-6k by lvl 90.

This is what my build will look like at 90

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEABLMFLQ48D8wS4RQgFE0UcRkuGjgaVRvIG_odFCXfJ-0ppS3SMn4yiTboOlI62ECgQT9BqkMxR35KfU4qUEdQUFHmVElVxlcNV-JYY1nzW69eE18_YEthIWSjZU1mnmegbmlyqXTtdud35Xrve4x82YM4hNmE74dqh3aMz49GkFWQbJHOmSuezaIAouqkGaZkpzCnhKefqWiplKvFrKq0L7ZBud29gb6nwBrG2M9l0NDSIdSP2WHdDd-_51LsOO8O73zyL_ZI97760vzF

Any advice or suggestions?

Thank You for creating this guide.

I am new to the game and have been following this guide and other to progress to end game. If not too troubling can someone kindly assist me with reviewing current passive tree and gear and recommend where changes need to be made please.

I do switch to dominating blow from time to time as well.
Is it also worth putting a point into avatar of fire?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0S4RQgFE0XLxkuGjgaVRv6Jd8n7SmlLdI26DrYQKBBP0d-TdhOKlBHUFBR5lRJVdZXDVhjWfNfP2BLYSFko2TnZU1mnmoeapNuaXKpdO1253rve4x82YCkgW-E2YTvhymHaox2jM-QVZBskc6ZK548nrmezaIApBmnMKeEqBipaKmUq8WsqrQvtkG53bvtvYG-p8APwBrG2NIh0k3V7dlh51LsOO8O8i_z3fZI97760g==

Spoiler

Last edited by Fatmobile on Dec 31, 2013, 7:16:39 PM
I would avoid Avatar of Fire, even if it sounds too good....

Reasons for that:

a) Most life leach is from physical damage done, with avatar you're getting none....
b) with certain Maps or Mobs you get heavy Fire resists, if this happens, you're useless when you have avatar...

I would by all means recommend getting and keeping Blood Rage, and focusing on getting as much life, attack speed, armor and physical damage as possible. Also a 6 Link really scales dps a ton, if you can't do this, try out the Bringer of Rain with IB, Multistrike, Fire Damage and Elemental Damage.

Also, try to get your hands on a unique rig called, "The Taming" it's amazing with this build.
"
Xeneize wrote:
I would avoid Avatar of Fire, even if it sounds too good....

Reasons for that:

a) Most life leach is from physical damage done, with avatar you're getting none....
b) with certain Maps or Mobs you get heavy Fire resists, if this happens, you're useless when you have avatar...

I would by all means recommend getting and keeping Blood Rage, and focusing on getting as much life, attack speed, armor and physical damage as possible. Also a 6 Link really scales dps a ton, if you can't do this, try out the Bringer of Rain with IB, Multistrike, Fire Damage and Elemental Damage.

Also, try to get your hands on a unique rig called, "The Taming" it's amazing with this build.

Thank you for the info. Will definitely try out blood rage. I think last time i tried it, I was having difficulty keeping my health up.
I am trying to buy a weapon with at least 5 - 6 links at this time but lack of currency is not helping.
This is a good build, and watching the screen explode can be very very satisfying. That said, let me take a minute to go over some things I've noticed while playing with this build that may or may not have already been addressed here:

1. IB is NOT a good party mechanic. The corpse explosion component of IB does not take into account the added mob HP from partying. The more people you have in your party the less effective it becomes exponentially. In a party you're going to want to switch out IB for Glacial Hammer, Heavy Blow, or something similar. I leveled a few projectile gems/LMP and used Spectral Throw for a long time in parties because I hated Leap Slamming into a pack of HP boosted blues in a party and dying if my party wasn't supporting me.

2. This has been said before but this build is not inherently a 'tanky' build. A Cast on Damage Taken gem is almost mandatory unless you REALLY like dying a lot. Not that it doesnt work, it just seems almost like a band-aid fix to me.

3. Leap slam is weird. It has some issues with terrain clipping and rubber banding. Ziggy noted this in one of his videos, and i'll repeat it here. Also you'll find things that you think you should be able to jump over and find you can't. Not game breaking, but annoying at the oddest times, and when it's the large stone stacks on the docks. Being frozen mid jump still is still awesome though.

4. This was my first PoE build. For anyone else who reads this, I would not suggest that it be your first as well. I have struggled for a long time with this build. Gearing has been a nightmare. For a long time Multistrike was well outside of my price range until I got lucky and someone took pity on me. Marohi's have doubled in price on Domination, and even finding a decent 2h mace for less than 2 exalts has been difficult. With the amount of Currency I've accumulated so far, it's going to be a while before I can get the gear I need to make this a very successful build.

Despite that, I have had fun with it and I want to give a massive shout out to ZiggyD for fine tuning this build, and all the others who have contributed here. Thanks guys.
This build is working really well for me.
Thanks a lot for sharing this, Ziggy.
Hey Ziggy, i want to use 2h axe instead of 2h mace, it is worth?.
Great guide!
"
Xeneize wrote:
Great guide ZiggyD

I actually went with a very similar build, except because I went with a 6L Eraqi, I went with Faster Attacks and there's no way I can drop Blood Magic with the insane attack speed (I get 10% from gear alone)and my dps is just over 21k unbuffed @ 78

I can run 2 auras (100% total minus reduced mana gem) with 5L Mahori that has both faster attacks and multistrike, and still maintain mana, i do have mana flows from duelist area but it only takes 2 nodes, while BM takes 3, and i use use warlords's mark for mana leech which is required, unless you have 2-3% manaleech from gear. Also, why Iron Grip, what projectiles do you use?
Last edited by Pavetsu on Jan 15, 2014, 1:50:48 PM
@ZiggyD

how much dps does this build with your gear , all auras active, and all attack gems?
im looking for the best tank dps marauder

can you post screenshot please? :D
im from argentina
Last edited by Dodecatron on Jan 16, 2014, 7:34:08 PM
Is this build viable for Hardcore/Nemesis league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info