The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

I have been playing this build since the start of the league and am now splattering everything.

I haven't done any maps over lev 70 though so maybe I will need to adjust then. Also, some bosses in maps kill me rarely. I do a lot of Piety runs though and just breeze through it.

Here is my current gear and gems/links etc if people are wondering.

Edit: the enduring cry isnt being used for the CODT gem, its just in that slot since I have run out of slots :) I use it manually. But I get endurance charges from leap slamming stuff too.
Last edited by Baldrick on Dec 3, 2013, 12:38:46 PM
Why not take Attack Speed instead of Physical Damage in Cruel Bandits?
This build already has a ton of physical damage but heavily lacks attack speed(which is pretty hard to get from passives), especially when using Marohi Erqi.
Ok, here are my items

Is there something wrong with my equipment? If so, what should I change? If it is my play style, I will have to watch videos to figure out what I am doing wrong. I love making things explode in large numbers, but if I jump into a pack I generally die if I don't kill them all with 1 hit.... 2 if I am lucky! Any help is appreciated! Thank you =)
"Regard your soldiers as your children and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons and they will stand by you even unto death."
-Sun Tzu
Swap BM gem for melee physical, does wonders to your dps.
@CorvusGlaive It looks like you still need Immortal Call, Decoy Totem, and Molten Shell linked to a CoDT gem. Thats a big defensive boost and will help you survive. Also, I see no Hatred Aura.. thats a big dps loss if you don't run that. The faster you can kill, the less damage you take. Link Hatred to a reduce mana gem.

You should also be able to get a rare maul that has better DPS than Geofri's for very cheap, a few chaos maybe... shop around for one.

Overall you need more links on your stuff too in order to run all of those. Concentrate on that, then get those CoDT gems. Look at mine above. Not saying my setup is the only way to go of course, but it's working pretty well for me so far.
Last edited by Baldrick on Dec 7, 2013, 1:33:17 PM
Thank you all for your replies! I can't wait to try this info out.
"Regard your soldiers as your children and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons and they will stand by you even unto death."
-Sun Tzu
Just a quick update and some questions for ZiggyD or whoever else wants to answer :). I am now farming Dominus with this build!

I am still dying at least once per run, always when he does his stupid touch of god thing (I actually survive it on full life, but often don't have full life when he does it), but I am learning to be more careful, and running out instantly when my life begins to drop. His second form is easy sauce.

I have a build question too I would like some input on.

Here is where I am at currently:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0S4RQgFE0XLxkuGjgaVSECIVUl3yftKaUq9i3SMfs26DkOOthAoEE_R35N2E4qUEdQUFHmVElXDVhjWfNaGl8_YEthIWSjZU1mnmoeapNuaXKpdO1253rve4x82YFvgziE2YTvhymHaox2jM-QVZBskc6ZK548nrmezZ_LogCnMKeEqBipaKmUq8WsqrQvtkG53bvtvYG-p8APwBrEuMbY0iHSTdXt1fjZYd7B5K3nUuw47w7vfPIv8932SPe--tI=

I am heading up to get Sovereignty and the other nodes there that increase the effect of auras as well as reduce mana reservation for auras. I currently can only run 1 aura (hatred) even with a lev 19 reduced aura gem, so I figure that cluster will be of great use. I would love to run another aura, damage or defense or something I will need to play around and see. I also could use more mana which would help a lot with a second aura, hopefully I can find some jewelry that will be an upgrade that will help in that regard. I have no mana issues currently with 1 aura.

My question is, do you think this will be worth it over grabbing all the nodes heading to Bone Breaker? If I ever get high lev enough I plan on getting both.

My other question is, would it be worth just two points investment to get another 40% armor by grabbing steelskin and the node in front of it? It would probably boost my armor quite a bit as I have a nice armor chest (2k armor). But I have also been reading that armor kinda sucks as opposed to evasion. But I am not sure.

I'm level 52 now I'm having a difficult time getting through act 3(cruel) I can't figure out how you're killing so fast. My killing speed has dropped considerably, even though I recently got a new weapon. I've followed your guide exactly, but still seem to have a ton of difficulties. Any further tips/suggestions would be awesome. TIA.

Here is my eq
Spoiler

Spoiler
anyone here farming maps lvl 75+ with this build? possible?

damage is no problem since i do about 11 k dam, but survibility IS a problem, 7 endu charges up all the time, but puhh.. some bosses hit like a truck.. in musuem map these crazy bitches in the end for example!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info